PSL Default repercussions

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by JetsNation06, Feb 16, 2017.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

So I haven't paid the Jets most recent extortion attempt of me (aka PSL fees).

They sent me an email saying:

"Jets Stadium Development LLC (“JSD”) has made repeated attempts to collect payment of amounts due under your Personal Seat License Agreement (the “Agreement”), including an invoice by mail and/or e-mail and reminders by telephone and/or e-mail. As you have not made payment in response to those efforts, this letter serves as JSD’s notice of default, pursuant to Section 9 of the Agreement. Section 9 provides that if you do not cure this default by making payment within ten (10) days of the date of this letter, your rights under the Agreement will terminate, in which case:

• JSD will retain all monies you have paid to date related to your PSL (including any deposit);
    • Your obligation to pay the outstanding balance of the PSL and any liability under the Club Seat License Agreement (if your PSL relates to Club Seats) shall be accelerated, making the full outstanding balance immediately due and payable, which JSD intends to fully enforce and collect;
    • YOU WILL HAVE NO FURTHER RIGHTS UNDER THE AGREEMENT (i.e., you will not have the right to purchase tickets to Jets games at MetLife Stadium); and
    • JSD will have no further obligation to you for the above referenced account(s).

If your Agreement relates to Club Seats, your Club Seat License Agreement also will terminate automatically, and you will remain liable to JSD for the Club Seat License Fees, pursuant to Section 9 of the Club Seat License Agreement.

You may cure this default by making a payment over the phone, online at www.newyorkjets.com/myjetsaccount or by sending a check to the address below, in all events within ten (10) days of the date of this letter. If you have recently made a payment towards your PSL account, please contact a New York Jets Client Relations Representative at (800) 469 – JETS (5387) to make sure the payment was received and your account is in good standing.

JSD expressly reserves any other rights and remedies that it may have in the enforcement of the Agreement and, if applicable, your Club Seat License Agreement."

I'm most concerned with Bullet 2 above that they can come after me for the outstanding PSL fees that I owe since I did the 15 year payment plan.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this and if you think the Jets will strongly come after fans who default. Will this affect my credit score? I've been told by a lawyer friend that it will not.

Any thoughts/suggestions anybody has would be helpful.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Tread carefully... They can try to ruin your credit score with a default/30day/60day/90day late ding. I would consult a lawyer on this and get your legal options straight.

I'm sure you realize that a ding lasts 7 years and can certainly hurt you more down the road should you apply for credit at some future point. I would communicate to them that you no longer want your PSL and try to come to some agreement that gets you out of the contract.

Just ignoring them won't solve your problem and most likely will make it worse.

3. JetsNation06

Sound advice. Thanks!

Cman68 likes this.
  4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Can you sue them for scamming you by selling a seating license to what should be a pro football venue, but really is more like watching Pop Warner level talent?

5. JetsNation06

Not sure but it's sure as hell worth a try!

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Before you get an attorney involved, call them and tell them you want out, if that's what you truly want and find out what your options are.

Let them know that if need be, you will be retaining an attorney to help you through the process of getting out of your PSL agreement.

If the diplomatic approach does not work, then bring in the legal team.

They may work with you, because there is a list of people who are waiting to give Woody their money.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  7. JetsNation06

Good strategy, thanks!

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Woody and Glatt will be at your house like

9. JetsNation06

Woody and Glatt don't have a tough bone in their collective bodies. However I do agree with you that they would hire a few henchmen to come to my house for the loot.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I am sure there are people are here that have walked away---a good friend of mine walked away 3 years ago zero repercussions as far as I am concerned they should be happy they were able TO EXTORT as much as they already have from you and the others! I will call my buddy right now and ask him what exactly went down

Red Menace and JetsNation06 like this.
  11. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Read the contract before you do anything.

Peebag and Cman68 like this.
  12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't lead with anything about a lawyer. Cause as soon as you do, there's a good chance they won't be able to contact you without a lawyer and it's gloves off.

Just contact them and see if you can cancel your PSL all together. They got some cash, now they can steal money from someone else being mislead to think the Jets give a crap about anything other than money.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  13. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

We paid in full for the PSLs. I called my rep in January and asked if I didn't want to buy the season tickets would I loose the PSL. She said yes.
    She then offered that I could sell the PSL on a "Secondary Market".
    Don't know what that is or if it even exists. It may be an option for you.
    If any one knows the name of an online service where you could unload the PSL I'm interested in knowing how much of a haircut I'll take.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

You are in a bad situation.

I own commercial real estate and in my leases, a default allows me take back possession and the lease holder is still on the hook for the full financial obligation of the lease.

Legally, you pretty much do not have a leg to stand on if you default.
    You might be able to approach them and voluntary relinquish and maybe the will waive your obligation but I would not count on it.

That is why after several years on a waiting list and a season ticket holder for over 10 years, that I gave mine up when they built the new shit stadium.

Jonathan_Vilma and Cman68 like this.
  15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

just make em an offer they can't refuse.

Brook! and JetsNation06 like this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

My friend had tix in lower end zone,,,he still owed money on the PSL and got similar letters as you . He spoke to them on the phone and told them he was not interested in tickets any longer and that " he did not care what they did with the tickets " and that he would not be paying another cent --------> he said that any future communication cold be done with his lawyer and he walked . His credit was NOT messed up in any way in fact he and his new wife just bought a house 3 months ago no credit problems ! Dont take my word for it talk to a few more guys here and an attorney if need be . I would call them tomorrow and tell them to please not send you any more threatening letters that you have no interest in tickets or PSL s and that they can contact your lawyer,,,you can add a GO "F" yourself for good measure---> good luck

GordonGecko and JetsNation06 like this.
  17. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

There are a few sites like pslsource etc. At best you'll get 50 cents on the dollar, most likely less. Wait until Brady retires, they'll go up at some point : )

18. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Send Woody some fish wrapped in newspaper. Tell him it's a Sicilian message...

JetsNation06 likes this.
  19. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I personally know 3 people that walked away so far and nothing happened to any of them

In fact they all still go to most games but buy better tickets on stubhub right before game time for less than half the price

Season tickets are a scam

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

PSL's should be outlawed

westiedog1, JetsNation06 and RPOZ51 like this.