OC candidates if Gailey is let go.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Garycs, Jan 2, 2017.

1. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

The Jets are not going to get a coach with any sort of reputation to come into this situation unfortunately which is why I really do believe Bowles would have kept Gailey.

2. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

No OC worth his salt is coming here with TC job security and this mess... what a fiasco.

abyzmul likes this.
  3. JethroTull

Studesvillle seems like a meat and potatoes kind of guy. Obviously the guy is a solid RB's coach at the very least so perhaps Leonard Fournette or Dalvin Cook could be a target in the
    Unfortuately it is what it is. It's kind of screwed up if you ask me that Gailey left Bowles out to dry like this, but that was the risk in hiring an elder statesman like Gailey who obviously doesn't have a ton of fire left in his belly.

4. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

I give you the next OC for the Jets

[​IMG]

Jets69, Beki, Red Menace and 2 others like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

IMO Gailey didn't leave Bowles out to dry. Gailey probably quit because he was sick of dealing with an incompetent boob like Bowles who is in way over his head.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Or just wasn't going to ruin his golden years hanging around Todd Bowles. Life is too short.

7. NCJetsfan

So much for Anthony Lynn becoming our OC. He's the new HC of the Chargers.

8. Beki

Beki Active Member

It seems no competent OC candidate left on the market.
    Lynn -> Chargers HC, Musgrave -> DEN QB coach, McCoy -> DEN OC, maybe Norv Turner but I think he will be BUF OC.

What is really frustrating for me is that we only know about 2 candidates who we wanted to interview or it happened (DEN RB coach & PHI QB coach). I am curious that Bowles doesn't really know who he wants to be his OC or what...

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

In the end we will promote the guy who fills the Gatorade as our next OC and Bowles will continue his downwards spiral.

10. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Too bad Lane Kiffin already has a new job.

11. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Its disconcerting if Gailey did in fact give the Jets an entire season to find a replacement and the two known candidates were a QB coach who didn't get permission to interview and a RB coach who decided to remain an RB coach. A bad sign about the desirability of the position and/or the Jets FO preparation. They should have had this locked down by now.

But I think Gailey gave them an out by saying he decided to retire at the start of the season. I don't believe that.

12. NCJetsfan

According to Cimini (via the article below from ganggreennation.com the Jets have 3 OC candidates on their list they are considering.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2017...e-coordinator-candidates-jets-are-considering

Any guesses who the other two might be? I think it's safe to say that it won't be a lateral move, so no other team's present OC. I doubt it would be any of the Pats' assistant coaches or a second candidate from KC, so that leaves GB, Dallas, Seattle, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and Houston. I think it almost has to be a present NFL assistant, as I don't think Bowles has any strong ties to the collegiate game or school.

My guess is either Tom Clements (Asst. HC Offense) or Alex Van Pelt (QB Coach) of GB or Wade Wilson the Cowpokes' present QB coach.

13. NCJetsfan

Latest word is that Bowles feels pretty sure who he will hire as the new OC. He interviewed the Saints WR Coach John Morton this week and has interviewed former Texans' OC, George Godsey.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If those two names don't give you a warm and fuzzy feeling, I don't know what to tell you... #rockbottom

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Even a desperate Chip Kelly stayed away from the Jets, their the only team he didn't beg to let him work for.

16. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Bowles doesn't want to hire anyone who can replace him.... hiring Chip wouldn't be a smart move from that standpoint......

17. Red Menace

I would not want Kelly as HC of the jets anyway.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. JethroTull

Harry Truman's inner circle warned him not to appoint George C Marshall as secretary of war because of those reasons.

Truman simply said "He's more qualified than I am to be president and I need all the help I could get"

19. Red Menace

In that particular scenario it was true though! Neither Kelly or Bowles are any good from what I have seen.

#99 Red Menace, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  20. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Don't worry, Todd Bowles is "pretty sure" he knows who he is going to hire as OC. Rest easy knowing this.