2016 College Football

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by joe, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Kingfish

Kingfish Active Member

Roll Over Tide.
    :D

JetsVilma28 and NYJalltheway like this.
  2. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Watson's draft stock may go way up. Certainly after this performance against that D, if he is there at 6 we would have to take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Great game. Epic whenever these teams play.

Apparently god wanted Clemson to win, according to Dabo and Watson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  4. Terminated117

Terminated117 Active Member

Clemson/'Bama 2 was a Hella game for the title. Congrats to the Tigers

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Definitely one of the best in a long time.

Gripes about poor refereeing aside, Clemson had a good gameplan and executed.

Alabama's DB's couldn't make a stop to save their lives. Ignoring the illegal pick plays resulting in two touchdowns (Neither play did the receiver making the pick put any effort into even pretending he was playing the ball. I mean, for Christ's sake, he tackled the DB on that last pass.) and absurd amount of pushoffs, Clemson took advantage of Alabama's DB's not having the size to play against Clemson's receivers. They threw the high balls out of the DB's reach, preventing them from making the plays that helped them dominate all year. Watson made great throws all game.

Weak playcalling by Alabama. They played not to lose instead of playing to win and it cost them. They went conservative too early and didn't build up enough of a pad to protect in the first place. 10 points isn't safe against Clemson but for some reason, Saban clearly thought it was.

Jalen Hurts - Tonight's game showed a lot of what he needs to work on but as a true freshman, how do you complain too much? Really lacks touch on his deep passes. It looks like he just closes his eyes and throws it as hard as possible in the general direction of his streaking receiver without adjusting for the actual timing. He also needs to just tuck the ball and rush sooner. There were so many plays he could have just tucked it and ran for a good chunk of yards numerous times.

NYJetsO12 and JetsVilma28 like this.
  6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Clemson had four receivers with 92-95 receiving yards

Alabama couldn't cover Williams and that's what decided this game

7. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

Was being brought to Clemson games when I was still in the womb. Dad and Grandfather are alumni. Went to every home game until I was 14/15 and it all got too expensive for Gramps.

After a rough year for the Jets, goddamn does it feel good to have one go my way.

Jets_Grinch and dawinner127 like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

How can we just ignore the blatent OPI on the game winning touchdown????

like we are shown the highlights, analysts calling the game epic, Watson lauded with praise, etc. While they are ignoring the clear as day horrendous no call that decided the game? It wasn't a simple rub-pick either. The game ran over the DB!!!

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Because it wasn't. Clemson's first TD in the 4th? You can justify some whining. But there was nothing blatant about the game winner.

10. BrowningNagle

this isnt offensive pass interference??

[​IMG]

Leicester Jet likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

^^ its not even a discrete rub. The guy BLOCKS the DB... takes him out of the play for the easy wide open touchdown.

and I'm supposed to believe it was some epic ending???

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

In the actually videos it looked like the DB grabbed the WR. The WR ran into him but the DB pretty much grabbed him and pulled him down. Either that or it was an epic dive by the WR. Run zone and that doesn't happen there as long as no bump and run.

#72 Martin&theJETS, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  13. BrowningNagle

What the DB did is pretty much irrelevant though because the WR initiated the block!!! The WR has to run an actual route in order for any argument in his favor! It was clear from the beginning to the end of the play that he wasn't running a route he was going out there to block the DB on a pass completed beyond the line of scrimmage. That's the very definition of offensive pass interference.

--

I get it, we all hate Bama, they win every year and it's nice to have a cool ending like that. But why have rules if we aren't going to enforce them?? The NCAA can just design the games ahead of time and the players can play them out for our entertainment, WWE style

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Great game. The question is did Clemson win it? Or did Alabama lose it?
    Combination of both. Alabama had 7 three-and-outs. Alabama ran 65 plays. Clemson ran 99. The Alabama D was exhausted. Sarkasian had Hurts throw that same exact throw to the sideline with the 3 receiver sets. Granted, doing it over & over & over created the open pass to OJ Howard for the TD, - but Sarkasian called a horrible game. Hurts threw long passes that were 5-10 yards past the receivers. No accuracy.

The Alabama D was exhausted. The Alabama O let them down. The Scarborough injury didn't help, but the 2 replacement RBs did well (Harris 4.8 yrds/carry and Jacobs 8yrds per carry).

15. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

It is possible for it to be a screen play and him to just stand there. He barely moved forward and it is the DBs job to get around him. There was nothing stopping the DB from hitting the pylon right after the snap. He hesitated and it allowed the play to happen. The WR could have easily been running a shallow cross but he would have to run through/around two DBs. As a player it is your job to run through a player or around a player to get where you are going. I don't believe it was blatant enough to be considered a pick.

FJF and JetBlue like this.
  16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am not the NCAA rule book mensa but I do think Clemson got some questionable calls...pick plays gone wild imo

Give credit to Dabo (boy is that really his name? lol) for getting the goods on Bama

For once, Nick Saban has some real homework

17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Two pick plays on TDs. A lot of pushoffs all game on comeback routes not called. 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct on Alabama, but the other guy retaliated and hit him in his head right in front of the ref who called the penalty on Bama. Should have been offsetting penalties.

In general, Clemson outplayed Bama but let's not pretend like the refs did a good job.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Am watching the BYU-Portland St. game on ESPN and just saw a player with a name suitable for the All-Name Team. His name is "Ah You."

19. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the new season to start on Saturday and what a game to start with Florida State and Alabama

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I didn't want to start a new thread for this so I'll just put it here. Officials took a TD away from Missouri RB for diving into the end zone. Looks like the No Fun League is bleeding over to the college ranks.
    [​IMG]