Should Hack play Sunday?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rickjet, Dec 29, 2016.

?

Why isn't Hack getting start vs. Bills?

1. Jets are confirming they made a "huge reach"

9 vote(s)
    13.4%
  2. If he "implodes" Mac's job is on the line.

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  3. Jets believe in the kid and are just being patient.

34 vote(s)
    50.7%
  4. Mac has made two horrible 2nd round picks in his two years!

9 vote(s)
    13.4%
  5. Organization doesn't know WTF they are doing!

17 vote(s)
    25.4%
  6. 2017 starting QB is not on current roster.

14 vote(s)
    20.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

I'm not the childish one, and I still haven't called you any names.
    You realize that a message board like this is so we can share our opinions, as well as facts.
    If the idea of Geno being better than Hack chaps your ass, that isn't my fault. Take it however you must, and deny it all you can. Proof is in the pudding.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Or enrage them and turn up the heat for another total regime change.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  3. tbruner12

Fitz was over the hill, but our GM gave him $12 million, and you are saying it's impossible that Mac reached in round 2 to force Fitz's hand? I hate that it bothers you, but it's just as possible as Hack becoming our QB of the future.
    I would say more likely. You realize not playing Hack Sunday hurts his development more than playing him? I doubt you do.
    I guess you are of the crowd that believes time will cure Hack? I guess you believe he can be molded into a franchise QB? If so, you must have also been part of the Nacho crowd too?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

All I'm saying is that it's too early to tell with Hack.

Please explain how not playing a 4th string QB who isn't ready to play hurts his development.

#64 Sam Hammer, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  5. tbruner12

Explain to me how not playing is gonna help his development?
    By the time this chump takes a meaningful snap if he plays Sunday, it will be a year since he did so last.
    That's a great developmental plan you got there. He isn't playing because he isn't capable. He isn't practicing because he isn't capable. Hell even Geno was capable when we drafted him. Geno may be our starting QB next year, and rightfully so considering our current QB situation.
    You ever play competitive sports at any level? If so, you should realize all this coddling isn't development. If anything it's holding him back.
    Period

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There are none so blind as those who will not see. You're the one who used the word "pussy," right? I could not give a rat's ass, chapped or otherwise, whether or not Smith is better than Hackenberg. There is no body of work for Hackenberg, there is no pudding - what have you been eating that you think is pudding?

Share opinions, share facts, but understand the difference and don't try to pawn one off as the other.

7. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I think the coaches know better than either of us when it comes to how ready he is to play. If he's not NFL ready, you don't put him in, plain and simple. If he makes a mistake and gets injured as a result, then it hurts him exponentially more than 1 single game could help him at this point in his career. Aaron Rodgers didn't start a single game for the first 3 years of his career. It didn't seem to hurt his development at all.

#67 Sam Hammer, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. tbruner12

Whatever you need to think or believe.
    You obviously cannot read, yet you say I have the reading problem.
    I didn't call you a pussy, but if you assume it fits you, wear it.

9. tbruner12

Rodgers had someone in front of him that he couldn't win the job from. Big difference.
    Do the coaches know much of anything? I'm all for Hack playing like Dan Marino. How we ever gonna know, until he gets his ass out there and plays. I'm sure by now he atleast knows a few plays, it isn't gonna hurt his development to play, and if you are worried about him getting hurt, then he should play something else. Football is a contact sport you know.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Add intellectually dishonest to your persona; you didn't call me a pussy, you just said others would. Or were you unable to comprehend your readback of your own posting?

To recap my position to steer this back on track: There is no better time to give Hackenberg a chance to experience an NFL game from the inside than this week. Sure, there is a possibility of getting hurt but that's a possibility every time the guy leaves a locker room. Putting him out there will give him a feel for the real game which can only help in his preparation for the future, whatever that holds. As dismal as his performance might prove to be, that can't be viewed as a negative when he hasn't been expected to be ready by now. If he has some success that's a plus and something on which to build a future.

11. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

So our FO thought enough of this raw prospect to invest the 51st overall pick, a reasonable
    person would think they would be itching to see if this kid can show anything positive, to give
    the fan-base (ticket buyers) a semblance of hope going into the off-season....

Cman68, tbruner12 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What a stupid poll and stupid thread. We aren't a bad fan base, but we have some of the stupidest fans imaginable. Anyone with half a brain knows why Hack isn't playing this Sunday, nor should he. I just can't believe how freaking stupid some of our fans are.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  13. tbruner12

The message board QB Whisperer defends his bust of a QB. Tell us all what needs to be done with Hack. Help our coaches turn him into something other than the bust he will be. I haven't seen anyone defend a shitty QB on this board since Junc defended Mark Nacho Sanchez. You and Junc must be the same person.
    And you call us fans who believe he should play, stupid. Haha
    You want to make a wager on Hacks future?

BigSnacks54 likes this.
  14. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Oh...enlighten us Mr. Smart Ass, tell us why he isn't playing, I have a full brain so I need your insight??

tbruner12 likes this.
  15. tbruner12

Do any of you coddling Hack proponents realize this......
    Before Dan Marino was the HOF QB he is, he was a rookie on a team that came off a Super Bowl appearance.
    Don Shula gave control to a rookie that had never played an NFL down.
    He didn't coddle him. The concept is stupid. If Hack can't earn practice downs on this team, you really think waiting for him to become our QB of the future is going to happen?
    QB's that are the face of a franchise, don't wait 3-5 years. They take it early and they never give up their position. All others are faking it. All believers in this bullshit system, obviously don't know a damn thing about football.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am for him playing

Take him out of the bubble wrap already

Hack has become Macs poster boy .....a big maybe someday he will be something

I am tired of the suspense ,,,guess what? ,,, he wont be Wentz or Dak P lmao,,,we know that already

Who is he?? Smart boy?? ahuh .....Clutz Feet?? Well lets see

The Truth is inevitable imo

tbruner12 likes this.
  17. tbruner12

I guess some of our board members that play too much Madden, love to develope franchise QB's by red shirting them, and only playing them when they are "ready"
    Name me a QB that took this kind of coddling and rode it into the HOF?

jets_fan likes this.
  18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Going back to read some of the draft info on Hack was a bad idea. I think he'll get killed if he plays Sunday. The season has already given the leadership a black eye. A Hack disaster in the last week of the season against a team with a coach that just got canned would give them a pair. I expect they'll avoid playing him at all costs.

I wouldn't put it past Fitz to feign an injury to force their hand, though.

WEAKNESSES
    Debilitating accuracy issues with atrocious 51.5 percent adjusted completion total (throws beyond line of scrimmage). Turns receivers into goalies. Even simple throws can be coin-flippers in accuracy department. Release point can vary greatly and he is still looking for repeatable footwork, mechanics and release. Will throw a spiral followed by wobbler. Ball patting and wind-up slows release and can obstruct timing. Extra air under deep balls combined with marginal timing allows safeties time to race into the play. Busted internal clock. Allows pressure to overtake him rather than getting catchable throw out a shade early. Sacked 82 times over last two years. Iffy accuracy and ball placement falls off map when defenses send pressure. Completed just 44.2 percent against five rushers and 41.9 percent against six. Pocket feel a work in progress. Will climb pocket into trouble unnecessarily.
    DRAFT PROJECTION
    Rounds 2 or 3
    SOURCES TELL US
    "The tape is just terrible over the last two years, but he has traits and leadership. His freshman tape is good, but how do you discount everything you've seen for two years? That freshman tape is going to lead a team to overdraft him." -- NFC executive
    NFL COMPARISON
    Ryan Mallett

19. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Brady?
    Rodgers?
    Romo?

Sam Hammer likes this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Don't forget Brett Favre sat his rookie season, and Steve Young only started 28 out of a possible 70 games his first five seasons. Kurt Warner sat as a 27 year old rookie. Joe Montana played one game as a rookie.

Steve McNair played 6 games his first two years. Matt Hasselback didn't play til his third season. Both lead teams to the Super Bowl.

Of current quarterbacks?

Drew Brees played one game his rookie year. Kirk Cousins played one game his rookie year and 6/32 his first two years. Rivers sat for two years.

I spy 6-8 Hall of Famers between our two posts, depending on if Romo/Warner get in.

Brees sat behind Doug Flutie on the 5-11 Chargers.
    Montana sat behind Steve DeBerg on the 2-14 49ers.
    Brett Favre sat behind Chris Miller whom threw 18 interceptions.

#80 Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    Sam Hammer likes this.