Poll: The Jets are (4-11), Do you Keep or Fire Bowles?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 24, 2016.

?

Would you Fire Todd Bowles?

1. Yes.

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

I believe he should be gone.

He seems to be another coach that know absolutely nothing about the offensive side of the ball. Now, its true that hes been on the defensive side his entire career but man, him and Gailey cant be this terrible at game planning, can they?

His demeanor is of someone who is completly uninterested in the game. Shows no emotion, shows no heart. How do the players even respond to him in the locker room? We got Sheldon acting fooling with no repercussions, we got Mo taking plays off. Marshall is being an asshole. There seems to be no leadership and it starts with Bowles.

He clearly has little grasp on the QB position. Something we've been dying for for years. We havent had a franchise qb in years. The QB situation this year has been absolute bullshit. Fitz should have been benched by week starting 1-4. We have 2 guys who really should have seen the field a lot sooner. Fitz didnt have it, we had no time to see if Bryce had it before the team decided to mail it in and we still have Hack whos a complete wildcard. Just a complete botch.

Again, I wonder, how his secondary is so terrible when hes spent his enitre career in that area? How does he not have answers to these problems? He just seems lost and its written on his face.

I want a QB coach, a coach this has had success grooming QB's. The position that pretty much decides football games. If you develope a QB to be the guy and you do it right, you win. Todd has zero offensive instincts and zero heart. Time to cut the dead weight and make Mac the GM hes supposed to be and let him bring in his guy to do it.

There is so much more to say but I really hope if we can Todd, Mac knows what he wants and hires a guy with a legit QB background. Give Fitz money or Harbaugh and call it a day.

SonofDinger likes this.
  2. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

Monday morning after the Bill's game is the time to send him packing. Along with the DC and OC coach, the others need to be reviewed. There are 22 coaches on board. The only one I want is the DL coach. He got multiple goal line stands thru the season.

3. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

As a basketball referee, I learned that you invariably see the attitude of the coach reflected in the players, and the Jets players look lost and bewildered, with no faith in their leadership. Worse, they've looked that way for most of the year with no signs of improvement. It's less about their record than it is their play and watching them on the sidelines. So I think the decision is obvious. I have no problems with Todd Bowles as a man, but the Jets need a competent head coach, for they certainly don't have one now.

#43 LarryAlRalph, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    SonofDinger, tomdeb and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

I believe he won't be fired after this season, but will be gone mid season of next year.

5. LarryAlRalph

I fear you may be correct, but all that will do is push the problem down the road for another two years. It's not an acceptable path to follow.

Ralebird likes this.
  6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. I don't think Bowles is bad enough to be fired.
    2. I still maintain that he needs to be fired This means his firing is not because of his deficiencies.
    3. Organizationally, Jets are a big fucking mess. They should let Macc pick a HC that will fit the mold of the team he wants. Part of the reason Jets are a big fucking mess is because Macc is not Bowles' superior; Bowles reports straight to Woody. Yes. This is on Woody.

7. LarryAlRalph

If that's true, amigo, that points unequivocally to the real problem.

8. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Rex got 6 years because he caught lightening in a bottle his first two seasons.......

Cman68, LarryAlRalph and James Hasty like this.
  9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The only argument I can see for keeping him is the injury factor.
    I wasn't impressed with him last year despite their record.......this year is just a straight up shit-show.

10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Wait can I change to NO please :)

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  11. LarryAlRalph

Booyah!

[​IMG]

12. ZQubed

ZQubed Active Member

At the very least you need someone to have control of the players, Bowles does not. He's not a competent head coach and should be fired now.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Him and Mac are tied at the hip, like it or not. If he goes, so does Mac. I think they get one more year to right this thing or blow it up and start fresh.

14. LarryAlRalph

God I hope not. After another year they're going to make Cleveland look like New England.

ZQubed likes this.
  15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

They'll both get another year based on Woody's track record.

16. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Prospective Jets Head Coach......

"The last man nearly ruined this place he didn't know what to do with it. You think this team is bad off now just wait till I get through with it!"

NYJetsO12 and LarryAlRalph like this.
  17. LarryAlRalph

[​IMG]

JetsNation06 likes this.
  18. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Only the jets would end up in a lose lose situation when it comes to their coach..if we send him packing the instability continues. If we keep him.. Well he sucks.. Idk what to do at this point.

19. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

thanks for the laugh--gave me a good chuckle, and for whatever it is worth, I think you are waiting too long after the season ends to fire him--can we shorten the time?

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Answer: Bowles deserves a DC job somewhere

You finally get it right and bring in an experienced HC

Mac can stay

He doesn't want to be associated with Bowles at this point