Where's Mike MacCagnan?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Dec 18, 2016.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

That's two prime time games in the past three weeks and not one camera shot of him in a press box watching the game? I know he's watching this train wreck.

Bowles is taking most of the heat. Woody has been seen watching the games.

WHERE IS THE FRICKIN' GM THE ARCHITECT OF THIS DISASTER? Where's he hiding out?

Come out come out wherever you are!!! You're in New York now not Houston.

And where's Charlie Casserly? He had a lot to say before the season like when he scolded Jets fans for booing Geno. Duh he's the best backup QB in football duh!

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Probably plotting his next 2nd rd draft pick options no doubt. He's 0 fer 2 so far. He might get his wish though if Petty gets hit again so they'll have to make Hack active. The "magic" is gone and now he's just Macc.

Casserly/Wolf did us no favors.. :(

NYJetsO12 and Red Menace like this.
  3. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I agree. Keep saying that I have no idea why he should be off the hook. Took drafts with a full stock of picks and very few building blocks in place. Competitive rebuild my ass!!

2017 could be worse my friends. We still have no solution in place at QB and if it's possible we have even more holes to fill with the looming departure of long time vets - Revis, Mangold, Harris(??) and others.

Cman68 likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I agree. 2017 will not be any better for the Jests. The root problems of this year's plane crash cannot be addressed in one season as the issues have been a long time in the making. Although there is no logical reason to give Bowles his third year, I can see Woody doing it if for no other reason to maintain the facade of stability.

wewantsapp likes this.
  5. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

He was at Starbucks.

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Mac can only do so much, he does not control anything but the groceries.

While Mac has not been great, Anderson, Mauldin, Williams, Lee, Peake, Petty, these guys look like they can play.

I think the problem is the CS, this is a terrible staff, they can't develope players, the defensive and offensive scheme are a disaster.

I'm not ready to kill Mac just yet, hopefully woody fires Bowles and this staff and brings in someone who has HC experience, at this point I would even consider Haley the OC of the Steelers.

There is no way this staff can come back next year, I understand continuity but there is also bad continuity, like being in an abusive relationship, it will never get better, only solution is to part ways.

Brook!, tomdeb, NCJetsfan and 3 others like this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Now we're mad at mac because tgey didn't show him on tv? i think the guy has been overrated by some on this board but this might be a bit over the top.

Brook!, abyzmul and Red Menace like this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Agree

Bowles is making MM look bad where now people are having him shoulder 30 to 40 per cent blame for the poor Season starting with the Revis dump off and the empty promises of Shitzpatric pre and post signing

Mac absense probably because of seeing his Therapist or going a Colon Cleansing ..ha

NCJetsfan and Red Menace like this.
  9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Why "even consider" -- Haley should be the number 1 guy hands down.
    It is crazy that he has not gotten another shot, yet.
    There is not another realistic candidate out there with NFL head coaching experience, guy won a division in his second year and got fired in the middle of his third.

I am not saying he is going to be the next BB or Carroll, but I do believe like them he will be a much better coach given another shot.

10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I said consider because I'm on board with what Kyle Shanahan has done as an OC with the Browns, Redskins, and now Atlanta.

Todd was a little on the wild side at times when he was a HC, but I do agree that he should be given another opportunity.

11. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Gotcha - I would rather not go the first time HC route.
    I am sure that Kyle is going to be one of the names floating around a lot of teams.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is not English.

ConcordeChops and Red Menace like this.
  13. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Mac's about 50/50. His picks and FAs last year helped them get to 10-6. But players who produced last year have not come through this year. You could blame him for not anticpating that, but that could be unfair hindsight also. In retrospect, Snacks may have been more of a factor than we realized. It would've taken a lot of balls, however, to sign Snacks and cut Wilkerson loose. Criticizing the Fitz pick is pure second guess. He had his best season ever last year, so you can't blame anyone for bringinng him back, notwithstanding his professional history. Maybe Mac deserves credit for not totally crippling us, cap wise, with the Fitz signing. Injuries have hurt this year (it took Mo a long time to come back from the leg; Decker going down; Revis & Marshall are probably nursing injuries; Clady going down. Mangold)..the list goes on. 2 second round picks (Smith & Hack) might've been blown...we don't know yet. Skrine has been a major disappointment, even last year...(this year, forget it!), but as one or two of the posts noted, we've got some promising young talent also.

But when all is said and done, the blame can be laid at the feet of the coaching staff. Bowles has to go. Jets had the schedule to make the play-offs last year. The team was not prepared for the last game of the season. This team ALWAYS comes out flat. There's no innovation on offense; no adjustment on defense. Special teams are an abomination. This entire coaching staff is weak, IMO.

If there's a magic man out there who's willing to come to the Jets (like if, in a fantasy world, MIke McCarthy gets canned) then give him the keys to the kingdom. In the face of reality, however, keep Mac, can Bowles, and let Mac hire a HC. No more coordinators, please. We need an experienced head coach (but not Jeff Fisher!!!) who's hungry (no Gruden or Cowher either). No way to speculate now until you see who is available after the season.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

There is one particular draft pick that should have Mac on the hot seat and that is the 2nd round pick of Christian Hackenburg. To waste a 2nd rounder on a long-term project QB on a team full of needs was inexcusable.

Picks like this do one of 2 things - prove that you're smarter than everyone else and have a unique eye for talent OR - that you have no fucking clue what you're doing. I realize the draft is not an exact science but that pick was second guessed six ways to Sunday by virtually all the experts.

Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

I'm not going to pretend I know a lot about Hackenburg. I didn't see him at Penn St, so I only know what I've read about him, and what we saw in his only action during the preseason.

But I do remember reading about when he worked out with Gruden before the draft and the discussion about how smart the kid is and the phenomenal physical ability he has and the fact the everyone thought if Obrien never left Penn St he would be a top 10 pick. And then you look at the ridiculous amount of time he was hit and sacked and the reports of how bad him mechanics are. It's not a surprise that they want to red shirt him. Would he still have been there in the third or fourth round , we'll never know.

To me that's a lot to be optimistic about. For some reason we can never get a prospect in here with all the tools. Chad & Fitz had the smarts but no arm. Geno had the arm but no smarts. I'm not sure what Hack will be but he appears to have the tools he just needs to be groomed

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

2nd round projects over and over again. WTF is wrong with this franchise?

dogg, NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

19. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Besides the Williams pick, you could argue that every other player that he's drafted sucks. Mac is barely holding up his end of the bargain right now. He's garbage as much as Bowles is up to this point..

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No you couldn't. Petty doesn't suck, Lee doesn't suck, Peake doesn't suck, Edwards doesn't suck, Burris doesn't suck, and there are others who don't suck or it's too early to accurately evaluate them. We sure do have some posters who suck, however.