Macc... Trade or Cut Petty ASAP!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 17, 2016.

1. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

If we cut Petty, is it even a guarantee he would end up on another roster? This is a very Jet-centric post, he is not some hot prospect in demand. He is a career backup if lucky...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Honestly I'm just really salty about this game, I would've loved to see Miami get knocked out by us. Petty showed some nice things but showed some horrible things as well that have been constant throughout his 3 starts. The o-line and WRs haven't helped him at all though.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, there is, because unlike you, NFL teams realize his talent and potential. Mac was contacted during the past offseason by a team or two interested in trading for Petty.

4. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

They didn't realize it pre-draft, on draft day, our coaching staff didn't realize it his first two seasons, and so far his play on the field does not back up your blind hope. You are simply seeing things the rest of the NFL is not. You talk like this kid was the #1 pick in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FJF likes this.
  5. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

Im still upset about the Petty hit so my rational has gone out the window. But, his play on the field has taken a considerable hit and he just comes off as uncaring. Im not talking about ripping into people, Im talking about how as soon as Fitz gets taken out, he goes from Brandon Marhsall-Superstar to Brandon Marshall-Mope. Its not fair to Bryce, its not fair to the team and hes just doing a disservice to himself.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, I don't. I talk like a knowledgeable fan who understand that a rookie QB who was a project to begin with is not gonna come out in his first couple of starts and light up the NFL, especially when he missed a couple of months of practice early this season. Petty may not develop, but he has talent, intangibles and has more potential than any young QB we've had in a long time. Real Jets fans would be rooting for him and not so quick to shit on him. But no, you're one of those dumbass fans that thinks he knows everything, and in your eyes if a rookie doesn't start immediately and light it up, he's a bust.

You're the one who isn't seeing things. The rest of the NFL my ass. Read much? I just said that a couple of teams tried to trade for Petty this past offseason. How does that equal other teams in the NFL not wanting him? You have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Quit talking out of your ass.

dogg, Sec124DieHard, Ralebird and 4 others like this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Uh what? Did we all miss this? I don't think anyone contacted us for a fourth round raw QB who didn't play a snap last year, bruh.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I get the frustration but what's with the hard-on of getting rid of a player you see so much potential in? Don't we want that type of player here?

9. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

It was when Mac tried to shop Geno. The reports were no interest in Geno but teams wanted to deal for Petty.

NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  10. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

It all comes down to the fact that this teams coaching staff does not know how to properly evaluate QB's or develop them.

Complete ineptitude.

dogg, ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Any conclusion we draw at his time is without sufficient information. None of us know enough to be sure. The hardest thing for fans is to let it play out. But that is what we have to do.

Ralebird, johnny and papapump like this.
  12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Links???

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Petty deserves his shot...what this offensive line did tonight was a complete shit show. Guys should be cut it was that bad.

He played well at the start and then the team could stop no blitz. We then started failing in all other aspects

14. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I think he has talent and should not be traded but i am quite disappointed in the fact that he cant throw the deep ball as well as he did in college. Ive noticed that all 3 games he has played. He has a strong arm but never leads the receiver on the deep pass once he has a step or 2 on the cb.

15. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The way I read the OP's post it was not critical of Petty. instead it was a plea to trade him to a team with a real OL (and coach) that gives enough of a rat's ass about their QBs to give them some protection.

No one deserves Cameron Wake and Suh coming at them unblocked looking to each grab a leg and make a wish.

So far Petty looks like he is light years ahead if Fitz. With some pass blocking and a running game he could be special.

From the looks of things our defense may need more love than our offense during the off-season.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I don't want Petty to wind up like David Carr or Joey Harrington... Those names sound familiar? I'm trying to save the kid from an organization that doesn't have a thimble full of knowledge about Qb's, how to groom them or build around them. Given their backgrounds, Neither Macc or Bowles have any idea WTF they're doing on offense and at times appear to be winging it.

There is no Qb past, present or future that can flourish with the New York Jets as presently constituted. We are a Qb graveyard and has been since Pennington.

#36 Cman68, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Acad23, dogg and Section 336 like this.
  17. Cman68

Thanks.. You nailed it!

James Hasty likes this.
  18. Cman68

and Macc said no... Too bad Petty couldn't escape the qb gulag that is Florham Pk.

19. Cman68

Hard to lead Wr's when you're running for your life.. I think he's more afraid of the overthrow and is overcompensating. All of the things you mention will come with time. The only question is, will Petty survive long enough to mature or will he wind up a paraplegic after more vicious hits thanks to his Oline and OC.

dogg, NCJetsfan, hwismer and 4 others like this.
  20. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Google it

Ralebird likes this.