Should Sheldon be Traded to the Giants?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PulseJet, Dec 8, 2016.

1. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

With JPP being sidelined and the Giants in the playoff hunt, maybe they would pay a premium for Richardson?

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

For a 1st rounder, sure. Highly unlikely we'd get a 1st though.

3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

The trade deadline passed weeks ago...?

Royal Tee, phubbadaman, FJF and 3 others like this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

in the off-season trade, Sheldon to the 49ers find a way to get their top pick, maybe we can swap. That way the Jets could get a QB with the 49ers pick or do something else

5. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Your right.... Must remember to not create new posts!

6. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Maybe in the off-season but what's concerning is Sheldon continues to decrease his trade value with his garbage play. At this point we would not be getting a 3rd for him. In fact, I think we may get a conditional 4th for him at best because he continues to show that he's inconsistent. Get what you can for him though, clear his cap off the books, and commence the culture change.

Freddy Mondo and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

This is what happens when BPA goes wrong. Other than the positions of QB and pass rushers, theres no point in drafting in areas you are young and talented in.

8. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I understand what you're saying, but if we hadn't gone BPA a couple of years ago, we would be in a right mess on the defensive line now. It's looking possible that Williams is the only star we've got

9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Williams was projected the highest talent out of the three, but then why resign Mo? I know I liked him more than Sheldon, but we already had 2 great 3-4 DEs that we could have rolled with. Now we have to either trade away Sheldon for less than what he was drafted for or we lost him to free agency.

10. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

A couple of weeks ago he was worth a no.2 and Dallas was willing to give it up, now he might be worth a 4 and the way he has been playing that might be a stretch, off field stupidity, on field penalty stupidity, and a locker room attitude towards the press that will make him either released or a jet for his lazy football playing life.

11. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

twown and kevda5n9ne like this.
  12. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I think we all thought we had three great defensive linemen coming into this season (or at least potentially great). Turns out it was just one. I hope Wilkerson can rebound from whatever is causing him to play like shit this year, but I've pretty much given up on Richardson because his attitude just seems to stink.

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Would rather trade Wilkerson but they are both overrated

14. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

We desperately need an edge rusher. Call KC in the offseason see if they'll trade Dee Ford straight up for Sheldon

Cman68 likes this.
  15. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I'd be really interested to see what types of offers came in when they were shopping Wilkerson. Holding on doesn't look too hot in hindsight.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Me too. Based on the posts here this spring/summer, I think most would have had a conniption fit if Mac didn't get at least a 1st in return, but I'd have been willing to accept less just to break up the 3-way logjam and save cap space.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

See what offers are available for both

18. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I thought he probably should've accepted a second rounder if he got it, who knows if he did or not.

I liked the extension at the time because it had an out after the second year, which was a great structure in comparison with recent DE contracts and set up nicely with the Sheldon decision looming and inevitably paying Leo. It just sucks that you never know who's going to stop showing up to games when you pay them. Mo seemed like a hard worker and a team leader, a good guy to pay, but he really looks like he's been dogging it this year. Maybe the injuries are a lingering issue, but there's no way someone at his salary should be getting stood up by backup linemen on a regular basis.

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  19. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

In a deep dline draft, Wilkerson didn't seem like a smart investment, those who passed him over are probably glad they did given how he turned out this season. Wilkerson's play has fallen off a cliff and it baffles me how bad he's actually become.

What interests me is why his play fell off as bad as it did? Is it the big contract, the contract negotiations, the broken leg, is it because the whole team sucks? I just can't figure it out.

His trade value is probably non-existent. In fact, I think jets would have to eat a good portion of the contract, and receive a very late round pick in order to move him.

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  20. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Some people baffle me. How can you be a big enough fan to be on these forums. It not know simple things like the trading deadline. Smh