Trade Wilkerson or Sheldon

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsfansince95, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

To the Cowboys for a second rounder their Defense could use a boost and we need lots of help

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah that'll happen when market value has Jamie Collins going for a conditional 3rd.......

Expect a conditional 3rd that could become a 2 for Sheldon this offseason.

TonyFtLaud and Jetaho like this.
  3. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

If that. Sheldon hasn't been a dominant player this season, and his disciplinary history further limits his value. Wilk's indifferent play and massive contract are dragging his value down.

4. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

Trade both

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  5. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I hnestly think they are worth more to us on the team. Well, at least until next year, since there is very little chance we get full value for them. I also think another reason Mo has been MIA is he might still be getting over his injury. There is also a small chance that a new coach could stick his foot up their asses and motivate them to perform. We'll find the answer to that question at the end of the season.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

this is what is killin me about Wilkerson.... if it's truly an injury and not his desire, then IR him!! We are 3-8, the season is over. IR him and let him get healthy for next year. They should also IR Mangold. If you are gonna be a bad football team at least do it the right way

8. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Would that be Bowles final decision to let them play or would Macc have a say in it? Maybe the doctors are telling Bowles one thing and the players don't want to bow out. He's an ex-player and can sympathize with them. But it's hurting the team because this guy can't motivate a slug to leave a slime trail. Bowles is so indecisive and yet set in his ways, it's killing this football team. He truly blows and I hate Woody even more fore hiring him!

#8 pdxdrew, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    dawinner127 likes this.
  9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Not to mention the fact that everyone knows we can't keep him long term and we have even less leverage.

10. Jetsfansince95

Because we as a team do it the right way eh Browning :) we can't even get losing right with sending a guy out there who won't be here next season in Fitz

BrowningNagle likes this.
  11. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

But... But.... But, they give us the best chance to win!!!

12. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Wilk, with his terrible play this year, discipline problems regarding timeliness, not to mention an albatross of a contract is going nowhere. Sheldon has trade value, but it will be nowhere near what it should be or what fans believe it is. A team will heist him the way that the Jets did getting Santonio Holmes, or so we all thought until he got his money and everybody saw why the Steelers gave him away for a 5th round pick. If the Jets do deal Sheldon this offseason I will be absolutely shocked if the Jets get anything more than a 3rd round pick for him - sucks, but that's where I see Sheldon's value because of his off-field issues. For guys like Sheldon and Santonio, the reason they're available is never just about their talent between the lines, it's what they do in the locker room and their off-field exploits as well. Sheldon is a huge risk for any team that's trading for him and that's why he will not bring back the value we all want.

IMO Sheldon is the only reason Wilk got the deal that he did. I think the FO looked at which one was the riskier long-term signing and hedged their bet that Mo would be the safer signing. In hindsight, 'Snacks' should've been re-signed. Mo should've played this season out to see if there were any lingering affects of his injury and if he put up decent numbers then signed long term, if not, let him leave. Sheldon, with his off-field issues, is a time bomb and should've been dealt this past off season.

Worst case scenario we still have Snacks and Williams long-term. Sheldon traded for a second, and Mo' playing hungry for a contract.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I guess Sheldon isn't quite the stud some fans had him out to be? He has never lived up to the hype, is a locker room lawyer type, and a huge risk to boot. They're better off getting him away from Mo too.

God forbid anyone criticized him last year with some fans......Throw out all the issues, it wouldn't matter if he was as good as some people swore him to be, and I wouldn't care if he was a junky if he produced

14. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Best chance is to trade Sheldon and net a 3rd or 4th for him...Wilkerson with that monstrous contract, garbage play and locker room issues would make it almost impossible to trade him. If we did trade him it would be for a 6th or 7th rounder and we would have to eat a good portion of his contract

15. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

All great points, and true...

grkmanga31 likes this.
  16. Jetsfansince95

With our second round history I would prefer a third actually

donkey, cgrec and Jedi mind tricks like this.
  17. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Trade him for one of the Cowboys OL they still have Collins on IR after all.

Fills a need for both teams.. Gives flexibility in the draft for us

grkmanga31 likes this.
  18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

You can't trade Wilkerson at this point. Contract is established and his leg clearly is setting him back this season.

I'm still convinced the only reason Sheldon is having such a down year is because Bowles has been using him to fill gaps on this defense instead of playing him where he shines the most on a consistent basis.

Which is likely going to hurt his trade value now.

Stupid decisions. All around. I would like to see Bowles fired for STILL keeping Fitz as the starting QB. That's for another thread though.

Sigh.

NCJetsfan and Jedi mind tricks like this.
  19. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

This is a bigger red flag to me than Bowles keeping fitz as the starter

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Hopefully the team we trade Sheldon to throws in a couple boxes of Popeye's biscuits with the third or fourth round pick we get.

Added value.