Introducing the game of the decade: GTA V

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by mute, Aug 17, 2013.

1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

GTA FRIENDS LMAO

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

GTA Online: New Updates Coming Soon

[​IMG]
    Get ready to create your own insane stunt courses all over Los Santos and Blaine County.

We hope that you’ve been enjoying all of the recent updates to GTA Online, like this spring’s inventory of Lowriders Custom Classics and all of the newest game modes – and get ready for a lot more to come in 2016, including some massive, feature-rich updates to GTA Online in the weeks and months ahead:

• In the stealing and dealing successor to Executives and Other Criminals, embark on further adventures in finance and felony as your Organization enters the lucrative and dangerous world of contraband trafficking. You’ll be working with your team from a selection of big new properties that serve as both headquarters for your Organization and warehouses for your hot merchandise. Manage inventory directly from your HQ, arranging to buy and sell anything from jewels to narcotics to medical supplies from a range of nefarious suppliers. Expect the unexpected as you head out with your team to make each pickup. Keep your stock in mint condition to maintain value and sell at a profit – and watch for raids on your warehouses between shipments!
    [​IMG]
    Plot special cargo movement from your Organization’s headquarters.

• Cunning stunts: for crazy vehicular action comes a major update to the wild world of GTA Online racing and stunting that will introduce a new realm of creative and fun games. Expect a slew of new stunt-ready vehicles and gear - and the inspired Creator scene will be getting a vast new set of props, for an evolution of stunting, racing and trials-style creations, and other gameplay possibilities that will surely defy imagination.
    ...AND MORE

Look for other additional updates to arrive, including more fun new Adversary Modes. There are new locations coming for the recently released In and Out – where a group of Attackers must smash-and-grab their way to steal coveted packages from Defenders who are outnumbered, but far from outgunned. And stay tuned for info on other fun, competitive, team-based modes to come.

[​IMG]
    A Defender lying in wait for a pair of Attackers in In and Out Mode.

SPECIAL BONUS WEEKS

You may also have noticed some of our recent in-game specials and bonuses, such as the Versus Missions Week andFriends in High Places Week – with opportunities to get coveted vehicles, weapons and other items on sale, and reap bonus RP and GTA$. Be on the lookout for regularly occurring event weeks like this, that will highlight a wide variety of different game content, including both recently released and fan-favorite modes, missions and some classic content that you may have not played in a while. There will be Double RP Playlists, chances for bonus GTA$, big discounts on vehicles, properties and lots more happening regularly; take advantage of these special rewards when you play, to help increase your GTA Online reputation and bank balance in the process, and amass your prized car collection and other spoils of success at a savings.

CONTINUING TO ENHANCE THE GTA ONLINE EXPERIENCE: YOUR FEEDBACK ALWAYS NEEDED

And of course, expect all forthcoming Title Updates to continue improving and enhancing the GTA Online player experience. Thank you especially to the dedicated Creator community (shout out to ManOfFire and StronkTank) for sending us your feedback about a recent change to the Creator tool – a limit to how many props you could place close together was made to fix an issue where that would create a hole in the map. This change, however, prevents players from making some types of complex structures that clever Creators like metoxys have used to make inventive Jobs like “Ampersand”; we’re happy to report that we are working on a fix to allow such prop placement, while still preventing the map hole issue, so Creators please stay tuned for that. As a reminder to all, the best place to direct your feedback, including wish lists for future content and suggestions for fixes and changes, is to send it via email to theGTAOnline@rockstargames.com address, which the game’s development team routinely consults for consideration.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52611/gta-online-new-updates-coming-soon

3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I had this game for Xbox 360 and I thought it was rushed out, debating if I should buy it for PS4 or not. Anyone have any thoughts?

5. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

Good game for sure, I got it for ps4 and the first person mode was awesome when playing the campaign on max difficulty and no aim assist... The online multiplayer was fun for a while, but you need to have 4 friends who have the same gaming schedule/games to really capitalize on the co op missions.

As I got older, my friends who play the same games I do have gone down significantly.

I will probably give the single player another run through in the near future

The match making left a lot to be desired last time I played it, hopefully that has improved.

mute likes this.
  6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

you should but you should know that the new updates are pretty much for ONLINE only. They added stuff like stunt races, CEO work where you can create your business and hire other players to work for you and now this recent Biker update. Theres a shit ton of new modes that has been coming out since the middle of last year.

It's a fun game especially if you have friends to play with. Must also note that the loading times are still slow online. Like loading a freemode could take 2 mins. I play on PC.

7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

matchmaking is still slow and there are some disconnects when you move on from playlist to playlist. They've added a shit ton to Online though. Lots and lots of modes. I play the game on PC.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

GTA Online: Bikers Update - Two New Vehicles and Sixth Purchasable Property Now Available
    Posted 4 days ago | Author: R* Q | Filed Under: Games

[​IMG]

Last week's launch of Bikers featured loads of new gameplay including Clubhouse Contracts, new Business opportunities and more - alongside 13 new vehicles and a host of other additions - in one of the biggest GTA Online updates to date. Today, two new vehicles have been added to the roster of available rides. Plus, Dynasty 8 has answered the prayers of many players with the ability to purchase a sixth property.

[​IMG]

TWO NEW VEHICLES: WESTERN DAEMON CUSTOM AND BF RAPTOR
    Hitting the streets of Los Santos this week are the Daemon Custom and the Raptor. The new Daemon is the perfect way to let every passerby know you belong to a long and distinguished tradition of gangland chic. But if you crave that mixture of awe, confusion and arousal that only a turbo-charged three-wheeler can inspire, the Raptor is the ride for you.

[​IMG]

SIXTH PROPERTY NOW AVAILABLE
    Already filled every square inch of garage space with cars too beautiful to sell? Stuffed your Clubhouse with as many perfectly modded rides as it’ll hold? Or are you just sick of having only one luxury apartment for every day of the working week? Your pain is real, but so is the cure: you can now purchase a sixth property.

BIKERS BONUSES: OCTOBER 11TH - 24TH
    Starting today, and running for a full two weeks through October 24th, take advantage of a new set of GTA Online discounts and unlockable rewards. You'll receive a black Western Logo Hoodie just by logging into GTA Online at any point over the next two weeks. There's also Double GTA$ & RP in the new Slipstream Adversary Mode, along with a special Double GTA$ & RP Playlist featuring a selection of Stunt Races (to join, just hit the prompt on the GTAV launch screen or select the Stunt Race Playlist from the Rockstar Playlists in the pause menu).

[​IMG]

If you need extra back-up for your newly formed Motorcycle Club or you’re looking for a break from police attention, both Lester and Merryweather have cut their prices in half across their entire catalog of Services. Those looking to make over their vehicles can head on over to Los Santos Customs where you'll receive 25% off Resprays, Tire Smoke, Rims and Turbos. And Ammu-Nation is trimming 25% off all Bullet Ammo, Tints, Body Armor, Throwables and Drum & Box Magazines.

[​IMG]

PREMIUM RACES: FOREST (OCT. 11TH - 17TH) & DOUBLE LOOP (OCT. 18TH - 24TH)
    During the bonus period there's two Premium Races on offer. Now through October 17th, zip through the trees at top speed in "Forest" (locked to Bikes). Don’t worry about opponents forcing you into the nearest tree trunk as the Race is also locked to Non-Contact. Then from October 18th through 24th, it's the gravity-defying "Double Loop", locked to the Super class. All Premium Race participants earn Triple RP and have a shot at taking down GTA$ prizes for finishing 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

EARN BONUS CASH NOW THRU OCTOBER 17TH
    Now through Monday, October 17th get what you want even faster with GTA$ cash-back bonuses on any Bull, Great White, Whale or Megalodon Shark Card. The bigger the card value, the heftier the GTA$ bonus you'll get:

• Bull Shark - 15% money back (GTA$75,000)
    • Great White Shark – 30% money back (GTA$375,000)
    • Whale Shark – 35% money back (GTA$1,225,000)
    • Megalodon Shark – 50% money back (GTA$4,000,000)
    All the bonus GTA$ you earn during that period will be automatically deposited as one lump sum in your in-game Maze Bank Checking account by Friday, October 21st. You can purchase Shark Cards in-game or via your favorite online or local retailer. Spend wisely, cash therapy is fleeting. More details.

10. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

Did they make any single player DLC? I have been on the lookout for an announcement, but I may have missed it.

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

No single player dlc. Today they announced they've made over 500 million on gta online alone. Because of the continued success I thought we'd ever see single player dlc. They also announced red dead redemption 2 :D

Sent from my KFASWI using Tapatalk

12. mute

mute Well-Known Member

'GTAV' Has Sold 70M Copies, Now Where's That Single Player DLC?

[​IMG]
    ‘GTA V’ is the fourth best-selling video game in history. (Credit: Rockstar)

Let’s think about the number 70 million for a moment. It looks like this:

It’s the number of copies of Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto V that have sold since its release in 2013 on PS3 and Xbox 360. Since then, it’s released on PS4 and Xbox One and PC. The news came during Take Two Interactive’s quarterly earnings report, which also revealed 4.5 million in week one sales for Mafia III.

Grand Theft Auto V is a behemoth.

When the game launched, it brought in $1 billion in just three days. It’s made billions more since then.

At $60 per copy (which is a very rough estimate that doesn’t account for sales and different pricing by region) 70,000,000 looks like this:

$4,200,000,000.00

That’s a lot of money.

Anyways, back to 70 million. It’s easier to chew on than $4.2 billion.

70 million is just over five times the number of Wii U consoles sold by Nintendo.

It’s nearly 25 million more units than the roughly 45 million PS4 consoles sold by Sony.

It tops the original Super Mario Bros. by 30 million copies, though that game wasn’t sold on five platforms.

In fact, it’s just shy of the 80 or so million copies of Assassin’s Creed games that have been sold over the years.

Truth be told, it only loses out to three games: Wii Sports (82.78 million) Minecraft (107.86 million) and Tetris (495 million) making it the fourth best-selling game in history.

It’s been riding at that spot for some time now—ever since it sold over 40 million and passed Nintendo’s plumber. And with 13 million units to go before topping Wii Sports, who knows if it will ever reach the coveted top three?

Of course, if Rockstar wants to get onto that podium then they need to stop focusing all their attention on GTA Online and release some single player DLC. With 70 million units out in the wild, they could bring in so much money with a single player expansion, it’s not even funny. I realize GTA Online is a cash cow, but solo DLC seems like the most epic no-brainer ever, in the history of video games.

Seventy million is a really big number. Selling a DLC expansion for $20 to just one-third that number would be another half billion in revenue, and would make girls and boys everywhere smile. And it would probably bring in new gamers on word of mouth and buzz.

At this point, it doesn’t seem very likely. Oh well. At least we have Red Dead Redemption 2 lurking over the horizon…
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2016/11/02/gta-v-has-sold-70-million-copies/#260950fb6a2c

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

14. lightning

lightning Active Member

Anyone still play for PC, looking for people to play. Everyone i know has console versions...

rockstar sn: bmd710 Lv.42, pretty much just started

#74 lightning, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  15. lightning

lightning Active Member

Just bought a savage heli, things alot of fun...

Btw,, yes been gone a long time. Been lurking here and there just havent had the urge to post to be honest.

16. lightning

lightning Active Member

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Yeah I play on pc. I'll pm you my name later.

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

18. mute

mute Well-Known Member

sent

19. lightning

lightning Active Member

is there some sort of glitch with the pacific standard heist? Every time i get a team together and try to start the vans part, i get all four players in then go to start it and it kicks everyone, just happened 3 times in a row for me...

20. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Might be a connection issue. Gta tends to lag people out of lobbies.

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk