STH BOYCOTT

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by GreenFan15J, Nov 15, 2016.

1. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I won't be buying the next season's game tickets. This is my way to protest the Jets owner and the Front office failure to field a team that can win.

As a STH I had to pay for the PSLs for my seats. Then, every year, I have to pay for the game tickets and parking pass at whatever price the Jets management deems appropriate.

This year they raised the ticket price...and look at the team they produced...

This team is unwatchable in the stadium, at home, or at a Sports Bar...frankly anywhere.

Plus the NFL just kicked the Jets to the curb by flexing us out of the Prime Time game with the Pats.

Next year I will buy tickets to the games that play Sunday at at 1:00PM only on good weather days.

No doubt they will be easy to get and cheap.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yep if every NYJ fan stopped buying NYJ gear & all STHers stopped going to games Woody would get the message quickly . The NYGs fans did something like this back when when they burnt there STickets. MHO is that Woody does not care because the money keeps rolling in from us fans day after day:mad:

onefanjet, ZQubed and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I've had my tickets since 1980 and can honestly say this is the first time i'm considering giving up my tickets.

I'm obviously disgruntled over the current state of the franchise but i'm more turned off by the NFL in general, especially Gooddell.
    I'm tired of the protests and the greed.

Football or sports in general used to be an escape from the outside world and something that brought all classes of people together on common ground as fans of the sport. Now I just see it as an extension of the current state of the world and a platform to spew hatred and divisivness and players own personal agenda.

4. championjets69

I go back to 65 & yes I am one of the lucky ones who saw the 68 PO between us & Oak live & in person:)

Jets1035 and NY Jets68 like this.
  5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Same here. Tics since 1980 and I attended only one game this year due to family stuff. This team is not worth me missing stuff. Lousy boring product. I am considering ending my business relationship with woody. I give up. Another hc and gm failure. Don't have it in me to wait another 2 years to start over again

6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Interesting take. I wonder how many others view it that way. From personal experience I can tell you that it was easier and more thrilling for me to afford season tickets at age 17 while I was a part-time Pathmark cashier, than it is as an adult home owner. They've certainly monetized the fans love for the game.

TV ratings have dipped this year, which some blame on the election, but I wonder if the NFL has reached its peak. That said, it'll be interesting to see how things go out in LA with that huge palace they plan to build, along with the prices that fans will have to pay to be in there. Even Los Angeles, with it's thirst for a team, may be in for a surprise four years from now once it's built. I have to admit, as much as I've invested as a fan my entire life, I would get pleasure seeing them fail to sell all of the suites and 70,000 PSL's for the new stadium. After all, the Rams left for a reason back in the early 90's. It'd be nice to watch them fail to MONETIZE.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Woody just invested $100K into a "Crowd Animation SW" package the will fill the stands with thousands of screaming Jet fans (for the TV audience) :(

IDFjet likes this.
  8. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

It is my humble opinion that the NFL outsmarted itself. They figured out that watching teams pass was more exciting than watching teams run, so they changed the rules to make it less risky to pass. What they failed to recognize is that the RISK is what made those pass plays exciting. 15 years ago when a QB took a 7 step drop and sent the ball deep, you held your breath from the release until somebody blew the whistle, and there was a good chance you were on your feet by that point. Today you just look at your phone to see if the receiver is scoring against your fantasy team.....

9. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Part of me wants to be patient and give this current regime time to turn things around, but I'm nervous about this past draft class. None of the LB's we drafted this past draft have done a thing to be excited about... Sandwiched in between those two LB's the Jets drafted Christian "Redshirt" Hackenberg. Jets took Hack over Dak...My eyes bleed reading that. Another whiff in the 2nd round. We spent the other 2nd round pick on Devin Smith, and I'm more impressed with undrafted Robby Anderson than I am with thee Ohio State product. If you just sit back and analyze Maccagnan's draft picks in rounds 1 through 3, the only one I can safely say was an excellent pick was Leonard Williams. Let's be real man, Leo fell in his lap. Any hack on this message board could have made that selection. Out of those 3 linebackers (Mauldin, Lee, and Jenkins) Mike drafted in the last two drafts, 2 of them better become studs. As for his selections in the 2nd round...it just feels like business as usual for the Jets in the 2nd round...no results. We'd be better off trading our 2nd round pick and moving down to acquire more draft picks. More picks means more chances to make you look like a genius. Nobody will remember your bad picks when you got young studs on the field getting the fans excited. Bottom Line: Slash salary, and grab as many draft picks as you can. Trade Decker and Richardson or Wilkerson for even more draft picks. We need to replenish the team with young talent.

2015 Draft Class
    1st rd - Leonard Williams, DL
    2nd rd - Devin Smith, WR
    3rd rd - Lorenzo Mauldin, LB
    4th rd - Bryce Petty, QB
    5th rd - Jarvis Harrison, OG (WAIVED)
    7th rd - Deon Simon, DT

2016 Draft Class
    1st rd - Darron Lee, LB
    2nd rd - Christian Hackenberg, QB
    3rd rd - Jordan Jenkins, OLB
    4th rd - Juston Burris, CB
    5th rd - Brandon Shell, OT
    7th rd - Loc Edwards, P
    7th rd - Charone Peake, WR
    Undrafted: Robby Anderson, WR

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I mean why would anyone buy a PSL for that stadium?

Season tix are a gamble every year especially considering Jets are usually bad vs good. Just buy tickets a day or two prior and account for weather and save money.

Its what I prefer.

ZQubed likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

stadium sucks anyway

BrowningNagle and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  12. I've disagreed with you on similar issues for many many years...but the proof is in the pudding. You are absolutely right.

I do think Woody cares about winning..but only as it pertains to his agenda which is based more on ticket sales, high roller infrastructure & media perception. It's sort of like "Yeah yeah...let's try to win..whatever...how's that corporate VIP suite pitch coming along.?" He only swats the proverbial fly when it lands on his food...instead of squashing it when he rests on the window sill.

It needs to be ALL about football & ALL about winning. The other stuff needs to be the afterthought & come as a result of success on the field. Somehow I think Woody believes it's the opposite..

13. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I had season tickets from their first season as the Giants' tenant, until Year 1 of the Kotite regime. I was going to school at night while working full-time, and the Jets just didn't seem worth the sacrifice.

I thought about season tickets when they moved into the new place, but never pulled the trigger. The upper bowl can get rowdy, especially with the road team fans who end up sitting there.

I just buy individual games now, and watch the rest on my big screen, in the comfort of my living room.

onefanjet and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. championjets69

Thank U 4 your acknowledgement which I appreciate but the only thing I am truly interested in 4 me & all NYJ fans is SB wins. I am sure that a empty stadium being shown on TV will have a terrific effect on Woody & could put him on the correct path to fielding a top of the line team:mad:

15. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Sometimes I wonder what Ken O'Brien with Walker/Shuler/Toon would do under today's rules.

stinkyB, FJF, Jets69 and 4 others like this.
  16. HackettSuxTNG

I am a relatively new season ticket holder (2 years) and I did NOT pay for a PSL. Was anyone here at the opener against the Bengals? That place was a loud and rowdy as any non-playoff sporting event I have ever been to. I had always wondered if you really gained a lot by going to football live versus watching it on TV, simply because of all the awesome camera angels you get on TV. For that one game, I totally got it.

It's a shame that you only get that atmosphere for so few games in an average season with this team, with the exception of the rare 2015. The thought has crossed my mind not to renew my seats, but if the Jets made an obvious effort to rebuild this team in the offseason, I would be willing to renew, regardless of the number of games they could lose. The smart fan can get excitement out of a young, building team, even if they are losing. Now, and older, veteran team? Different story.

babyknight likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I like when fans actually take action rather than whining about it and threatening it. I like going to a couple games a year. I don't think I'd want to go to every game anymore (and I did when I was younger in the 10-15 range with my uncle/dad). The new stadium is basically the older stadium with more accessible bathrooms and flashier lights. The product is just awful, and as a results the crowds (outside of opening day which is always loud) are dull and bored.

The thing is, what does a massive season ticket holder boycott, if it were to happen, mean? He already went out and hired lifetime football minds and they gave us Maccagnan (probably about a C grade right now) and Bowles (B- for last year, D at best for this year). Most want Bowles fired because of how we've gotten to 3-7.

We have absolutely no future on the offensive side of the ball except a couple of young wide receivers we still know relatively nothing about. The defense is young, but there's still a ton of missed draft picks and the so-called 'hits' like Jenkins and Mauldin are no better than Bryan Thomas was.

So imagine Woody sees a massive drop in season ticket holders next year. Who exactly does everyone look to for help? Ron Wolf was an executive for 38 years. Casserly has been around the league for 30+ years and 23 or so as a highly paid executive. These guys seemingly picked some duds. I don't know what else there is to do. He hired two excellent football minds to make the right decisions and it doesn't appear as though they have.

Red Menace and MoWilkBeast like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If the fan base wants to get Woody's attention, season tickets and ticket sales are the way to do it. If only a few fans do it, no sweat, the Jets have a waiting list (or at least they used to. I'm not sure if they still do or not), but if enough fans threaten to not renew their season tickets unless Woody makes major changes including hiring a quality football man to run the team and then Woody stepping back out of the picture, then maybe he'll either cave or sell the team.

19. While I don't totally subscribe to the "Super bowl trumps all" theory that perpetuates this nation & feeds delusional Patriot fans inner beast in the face of blatant cheating...I do want SB wins more than anything else. We are definitely on the same page.I hope we both get to see what we want...perhaps under a new owner w/ a completely different set of priorities.

20. HackettSuxTNG

Jets fans HAVE shown the ability to unite and protest before. Anyone remember this?

[​IMG]

onefanjet and KurtTheJetsFan like this.