Bryce Petty

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dierking, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

fuckin Edward's was atrocious today and no one is really talking about it. looked like Quigley 2.0. and Marshall was just mad his Boy toy wasnt throwing him his balls

2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Gotta see more at this point

As others have said Chan Gailey was dogshit in every way

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Cam Newton had a few stinkers this season. Pathetic. Get rid of him.

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Just watched the game again. You guys killing Petty are way off base. He moved the ball every time we had it ... which wasn't too much, because the Rams held it for 35 minutes. Most of his throws looked good. The missed TD was very unfortunate. If he connects there we win the game. Tried to lead Anderson ... should have just hit him in the numbers.

Drives stalled for various reasons ... a couple of bad throws by him, a terrible route by Anderson on our first possession, silly play calls, a big drop by Spiller, a penalty, a sack. The biggest problem was starting every goddamn drive inside our 10 yard line. But the point is ... he took the team and moved it. It's not as if we were going three and out all game. I saw enough in his first start to be looking forward to his next one. Time will tell if he can play, but I'll say this --- he didn't look rattled or overwhelmed to me. For a guy making his first start it wasn't terrible.

EDIT - And btw --- didn't notice it the first time but Q actually smacked that INT out of Ogletree's hands. The ball was loose for just a second, but he was able to grab it again just as he began to run.

#104 truthbtold, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I just don't get why they're seemingly calling the game scared. The kid has a big arm. Let him use it. They called this game like we're .500 and desperately need to tie or something. We're done. Throw the kitchen sink at him and let's see how he handles it.

Cman68 likes this.
  6. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I think part of the problem is Bowles is scared to lose his job at this point so he will continue to try to play Fitz and play scared overall

No excuse as he shouldn't be like this anyway but it's what I think is happening

Woody needs to either guarantee Bowles atleast next season so we play loose and let the kids learn or they need to cut bait now

This half ass scared bullshit is good for nobody

Cman68 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  7. Pothead

Pothead Member

Scared bitch like I said last week of petty and was bashed.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Oh hell no! Bowles shouldn't be guaranteed anything except maybe an ass kicking or a ticket on the next bus out of town if he doesn't grow a pair and get the team playing tough, hard-nosed football.

Brook! likes this.
  9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Petty didn't look scared. The fuck you talking about?

You probably deserved bashed last week just judging by the fact you most certainly deserve it this week for such a terrible post you just displayed for the world.

Seriously.... The fuck? Ha

10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I feel like Jack Del Rio took a lot of gambles this year, he is coaching like he isn't about to lose another HC job for a long time. It's paying off for him and I think Bowles needs to take that exact same mentality before he costs himself a job because he's scared of losing it. I agree.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

A few things...

I felt the line was bad all game, but the Rams have one of the best defensive lines in the NFL. Literally the time that Petty would drop back on 5-7 step drops, the DE's were already crashing down on him.

I thought he showed solid pocket awareness...moreso then Geno which is a good thing.

I felt the play calling was lackadaisical and just plain boring outside the TD. But I think since Petty was playing behind an awful line, there was no time to work the intermediate routes and going deep...he just didn't get the protection.

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You need to apologize to dog shit.

13. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

No he wasn't great or even decent, but he deserves a chance to succeed. Surely not setting himself himself up to fail which is what that horseshit play calling was. Sometimes I wonder if this franchise is even capable of managing a first rate signal caller.

14. Pothead

Pothead Member

Yea right not scared, how many times was little bitch boy petty trying to stop releasing the ball mid throwing motion? Several, that is a sign of being a shaking twat.

15. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The linebackers and safeties were just sitting and waiting for the short passes. Petty wasn't able to keep them honest. Idk if it was his fault or if they put the shackles on him but he didn't throw it longer than 5 yards all game except that time he missed a WIDE OPEN Robby Anderson.

It's one game against a pretty good D. Not the time to say he's hopeless or anything but you certainly want to see more than that garbage.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It wasn't a slam article at all.. The Rams all said Petty needed experience and that he was young. They also saw that the CS dialed back the gameplan. They didn't study Petty because there was nothing to study. Throw in Popeye's Pop Warner game plan and yesterday had ZERO chance of being successful just like the Sunday night game no matter who the Qb is.

#117 Cman68, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  18. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

The line was terrible and the play calling was a joke. I think by the time you swing a back or receiver out to the sideline and toss a quick 1 yard pass for the 30th time any NFL coach will be able to adjust.

He did miss a wide open touchdown and overall looked like a rookie backup QB who had no expectations in the NFL. I would like to see Petty the rest of the year, playoffs are done and it wasn't our schedule, we barely beat the Brown's and lost to the Dolphins and Rams, we stink...

That game was so terrible yesterday I literally turned it off to pick up the dog shit in my yard from my two dogs. My son didn't do it for a week so there was like two heaping shovel fulls of dog shit I had to bag, and I preferred to do that than watch that game yesterday.

Freddy Mondo and Cman68 like this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets don't even know what they have in their own QBs.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Do us all a favor and send an email to Bowles and Macc. The entire Jet Nation and the Tri State media all realized 2017 began in Miami last week. There's nothing to salvage from 2016 except finding out what we have in our young Qb's. The FO/CS had better learn how to plan for the future, or learn how to plan for their next jobs.

Freddy Mondo likes this.