Bryce Petty

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dierking, Nov 13, 2016.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Hey buddy, it's the NFL and college anymore. Trying to compare his accuracy from college to NFL is just stupid. How do you honestly know how many reps he got in practice? Were you there? Quit talking out of your ass and go have another drink. You can't dispute anything I said in the previous response because they were terrible throws that NFL qbs have to make.

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Again, the circumstances was not all on Petty. Ogletree was literally pushed into the fucking passing land by Ijalana. He did not put any hands on his and literally just stared at him while doing absolutely noting to help out his QB on that play.

Only two passes I felt was bad by Petty. It happens. Especially behind that line and it being his first start. It's not like we have amazing WR on the field getting a lot of separation right now either.

Your being dramatic and over complicating it. One start doesn't dictate the kids accuracy, he was plenty accurate in college.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't know for certain and wasn't there, but several articles I read said that Fitz was practicing as if he was starting this week and Bowles had said that Fitz was going to start. That means that Fitz got the majority of the snaps in practice, NOT Petty.

4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

You know what's funny? None of this talk matters because our god awful coaching staff is just going to go back to Shitspatrick. Petty didn't do enough to win the job outright. We're going to have to pray that Toilet doesn't put Shits back in. If he does, he needs to GO!

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  5. BuzzKillington

The coach said Petty got most of the important reps in practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yeah but thats accuracy. He puts that ball on the other side a little, its a catch.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

7. 94Abraham

Like I said, keep talking out of your ass. Even sources have confirmed they split reps in practice this week knowing how banged up Fitz was. They didn't just throw him into the fire with no plan.

http://www.app.com/story/sports/nfl...etty-waits-wings-chance-run-offense/93752004/

8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

They over coached petty, put handcuffs on him and designed the offense to restrict his throws. Now instead of living on the edge pulling the trigger , petty is timid and checking down quickly. Too short a leash. Doesn't help that petty is a game time decision behind fitz.. really? You have to be some kind of bad to be a game time decision behind pickpatrick

9. IIMeanDeanII

I'm not freaking out, I don't talk based on emotion like most on here.

He managed the ballgame all the way up until the very last throw. He had a few bad passes and he did hold the ball a little too long a couple times. It happens with inexperience and this offense isn't helping the cause. Not to mention he was playing against a stout defenses all the way around.

He didn't light it up, I can't say he is the future but I won't make any claims one way or another after one NFL start, after that play calling, and behind this atrocious OL.

People writing him off already like he's not the answer is silly to me because it is WAY too early to make any claim one way or another.

What's the alternative anyway? Going back to Fitz? Nobody wants to see that at this point.

10. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

In his first game? Granted Brisset won 27-0 in his first game but his team has a huge amount of talent (and they cheat).
    He's as good as five year vet Case Keenum:
    Keenum 17/30 165 5.5 0 0 72.2
    Petty 19/32 163 5.1 1 1 70.2

And the vaunted Jets defense, with Birthday?-What-Birthday Wilkerson gave up 125 yards rushing. Come on.
    Ron

11. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Even if he puts him back in which would be monumentally stupid it'll only last one game after we get housed by the Patriots on national TV.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He was handcuffed, but see my thing is, i saw things in preseason i didnt like and i saw them again today. Im not looking at stats or play calling to base my thoughts, youre right if we do that, its not fair. But things i saw in preseason, still are an issue.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not talking out of my ass, jackass. That's the first article I've read that even hinted that the reps were split. Even so, it was one week where the practices were split. If you think that's enough to start an inexperienced 2nd year QB, it just shows how clueless you are.

14. IIMeanDeanII

I wish that was true. However I think I've been around this board longer than most, so I'm willing to bet I probably will.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  15. 94Abraham

I'm not even talking about that play. There was nothing Petty could do there. There was another one where he was lucky it wasn't a pick 6 early in the game that you're totally forgetting. I just you 5 prime examples of terrible passes that 90% of other Qbs either make or don't throw at all. More reps just isn't going to magically increase his accuracy. It should help his decision making but some of those throws are alarming.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't know if I saw the same QB.

I saw a QB that was handcuffed. After a string of bad drives, he started missing easy ones that he could be hitting too. If I had to bet, I'd bet that Gailey fucked it up more than Petty did.

dogg, PulseJet, Dibben and 1 other person like this.
  17. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Keenum 17/30 165 5.5 0 0 72.2
    Petty 19/32 163 5.1 1 1 70.2

As good as 5 year vet Keenum, and better than many Fitz games and Fitz wasn't playing against this defense.
    LA has one of the best defenses in the league, and it's not just their line. Not many receivers were open today.
    This could easily have been another 6 int game for Fitz.

Ron

18. 94Abraham

You just proved how clueless you are by half your responses to this thread. You honestly think a NFL coach could just give the backup very little reps knowing his starter has a sprained mcl? If you do, I have a bridge to sell you.

#78 94Abraham, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

oy. It was a fucking joke aimed at hackett. My god the people that post here are such fucking mooks.

20. IIMeanDeanII

It may have been Quinn I was meaning then? I wasn't talking about the INT, I agree, that throw was on Petty. I am talking about the screen play that was almost picked at the line because he was pushed into the passing lane uncontested.