Bryce Petty

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dierking, Nov 13, 2016.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

More like about 5. Should of been a pick 6 against him in the first half by the linebacker, then when he broke pocket and threw a duck at the Wrs feet who was wide open, the INT to end the game, missing Anderson for an easy TD, and another one earlier in the game where he rolled right and just flat out overthrew another Wr crossing on his side. This guys accuracy is atrocious.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Not to mention that Fitz got most of the practice reps this week. I wonder how many practice reps Pettys has received over the last couple of weeks. What would you guess, 25-33% of the practice snaps? If so, that's hardly enough to get him ready to start his first NFL game. Couple that with the Jets crappy OL and Gailey's play calling, and I don't know what these ass clowns expect.

dogg, nycarl and fggrimes like this.
  3. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

really and you all do not think this game plan was one of the worst? They played not to lose... RB passes, 3-5 yard passes to WR, one and I mean one deep ball which losed up the secondary and then they went into their shell again... this coaching sucks period.

IIMeanDeanII and fggrimes like this.
  4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The problem with this game was at 3-6 they were still more interested in not losing the game (I won't say winning) than they were in letting the kid play and seeing what we have. They were still holding onto the pipe dream of a winning season.

ajax, IIMeanDeanII and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

I'm joking about bringing back Sanchez. But you can't deny that we would be better off with Sanchez and using all those picks on other needs.

We focus way too much on the QB position while ignoring other weaknesses.

If you have a good oline you'll have a good offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

you're not going to be around much

Peebag likes this.
  7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Reps dont make your accuracy better. You either are or you arent. Same with being a pitcher. You learn those skills when you're young and they dont develop much more when youre an adult. That being said he can improve his accuracy, its gonna take a lot of work and discipline.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Petty definitely deserves to get another game. He didn't have full practice time with the 1s this week. He had a decent first half. The 2nd half the Rams caught onto our non-existent game plan. Gailey and Toilet need to get their heads out of their you know what and start calling an aggressive game plan. At 3-7 there is no point to playing Fitz.

Peebag, NCJetsfan, zace and 1 other person like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

You are clueless or drunk or both. So Petty had a bad game. He probably has only had 25-33% of the practices snaps (if that many) over the last 2-3 weeks. That isn't enough to prepare him for his first NFL start. Petty is not an inaccurate QB. He had 62.7% accuracy in college. That isn't terrible. He's a heck of a lot more accurate than Fitz.

10. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

There are too many posts to reply to... Please stop giving Petty the benefit of the doubt he had a bad game. Same people who will give Geno crap for throwing an INT with minimal practice are giving this guy a break.

He missed a handful of passes, a gimme open WR for a TD, missed several open receivers and overall did nothing to breed any type of confidence.

That being said, I would start him again.. This season is over, might as well have a bigger sample size. But he had a bad game today and nothing should convince you otherwise.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

No we wouldn't be better off with Sanchez. That's just nuts.

We do NOT focus too much on the QB position. That's absurd. QB is the most important position on a football team. The problem is that we haven't focused on it enough. We haven't focused on finding the right young QB and then building the team around him. Instead we try to build the D, cobble together an OL, RB and WR corps, and then find some jag and try to shoehorn him in.

You need a good OL, but if you have a suckass QB like Fitz, it wouldn't matter if you had 5 future HOFers on your OL.

12. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Trying to figure out which is funnier: #1)guys surprised by poor QB play and conservative play calling in a game where a young QB is making his first start against one of the best D-lines in the league, and without his starting LT and C, or #2) the guys who are surprised that the TGG forums are full of guys who are overreacting to #1.

All Gas No Shake, dogg, ajax and 2 others like this.
  13. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Exactly right. He should play EVERY game we have left. We need to find out exactly what we have.
    These are the same type of fools who were ready to put Browning Nagle into the HOF after his first start.
    Guys need to play a while before you can evaluate them. PERIOD.

dogg, Dibben and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. Dibben

Dibben New Member

So it's Petty's first game and he's getting written off already???

We need to give him the rest of the season at least.

Why do fans constantly do this???

15. NCJetsfan

I will not and it's STUPID not to. He was not prepared to be the starter. Fitz got most of the snaps in practice. Petty was a last minute substitute. The team didn't practice this week as if Petty was starting with Petty getting most of the reps, and a real game plan.

16. BuzzKillington

I've seen enough of Bryce Petty.

17. NCJetsfan

Because they're stupid and impatient.

18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

No matter what, some players just dont have that it factor. Bryce doesnt. Tho he should absolutely start the rest of the season. I dont expect much

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

19. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I don't want to see fitz again . Rather see petty or hack

The pump, pump, shovel pass was an eye opener today though lol

zace and NYJFOREVER like this.
  20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

This is why some of us guys wanted Petty to be the starter from day one this year and not Fitz.

We knew it would take time to get comfortable and that would only have come with first team reps and game experience.

Even if the jets were 3-7 with Petty it would have given time to evaluate what he needed to improve on or if the jets needed to think about another QB in next years draft.

I would start him the rest of the year and just accept this season for what it is.

Dibben and NCJetsfan like this.