Bryce Petty

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dierking, Nov 13, 2016.

1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

What is wrong with you fucking people?

What kind of expectations did you seriously have from a year two QB, making his first start, behind that fuckin line?

The coaching staff called a very conservative game plan today because of his inexperience and because they know that OL will get him killed if it wasnt a short throw dink and dunk routine.

We don't know what Petty is after one start, this fan base is fucking awful. Just fucking awful.

If your willing to scratch Petty off after one game, get a fucking brain. Think about the circumstances. Seriously, just think about it.

JetLifeLo, ajax, Peebag and 16 others like this.
  2. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Petty played not to lose instead of playing to win and show everyone his talent. I believe the coaching staff is to blame. They probably drilled that into his head all week which caused him to be gun shy.

3. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Hackenberg's not ready any more than Petty is. In Hackenberg's case cause he was simply awful his last two years in college, in Petty's case cause he played in the stupid run and shoot/air raid/whatever you want to call it at Baylor, he doesn't have enough experience in an actual pro style offense.

fansince90 likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Petty didn't play well. But Gailey needs to be fired and we need to move forward with a new offensive coordinator and draft a quarterback in the first round. I'd truly hate to see us draft a talented quarterback in the first round and put him into a shitty offensive system like this.

Petty still has some time to prove himself, but he was completely handcuffed by the playcalling today. It's the most predictable playcalling I've ever seen from this team and we endured seasons with Paul Hackett as the coordinator. I understand we just took Hackenberg but if Trubisky or Watson are there, do we really pass up on them in *hopes* that Hack gets it together next year?

dogg, fansince90 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

They can't sell Fitzpatrick when they're 3-7. The bye's the perfect time to get Petty some actual practice time since they didn't even really give him the full #1 reps this week.

6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Petty in the 2nd half was an embarassment to the qb position. He looked just like Greg McElroy back out there with a better arm. Terrible reads, throws, ball slipping out of his hands. Now you guys can see why Fitz was still being trotted out there. This team just can't catch a break at the Qb position.

Jets69 likes this.
  7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Anybody who does not want to see Petty start the rest of the season is an idiot.

Even if he sucks and we lose every game, it would still provide value.
    At worst we would get a better draft pick AND we will have enough film to truly evaluate whether or not we need to be drafting another QB next year.
    At best, we win a few games, he improves with NFL game experience and we can make the decision he is worth moving on to.

People over reacting to a guys first start, without really ever getting first team practice reps against a really good defense is comical.

PulseJet, nycarl, Dibben and 7 others like this.
  8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

See my post, aside from play calling, they're were things about Pettys game that were just bad. The arm is big but his accuracy is atrocious. Its not ok, its really really bad. Missing wide open standing players, im sorry he looks like a project. He's not the answer, but im also not gonna call him a bust.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

9. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

One game doesn't tell a story.

He didn't play well enough to say he should start,
    He didn't play bad enough to say that he shouldn't start,
    Though it was closer to the latter than the former.

He's a 2nd year 4th round pick who came from an air raid offense.

All this game told us is what we knew before the game....not much.

10. IIMeanDeanII

Thank you, sir. There is hope for this fan base after all. I gotta stop getting on this forum after we lose.

dogg, rikj99 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Them and Cleveland should never be allowed to draft QBs

12. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

The play calling was terrible, but I didn't see anything compelling in the performance other than he has a stronger arm than Fitz.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Better than that, if they're willing to cross Petty off after one game, go root for another team. Fans like that should be sentenced to watching Fitz play for the next 20 years.

dogg and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  14. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Petty can't pull the trigger. Pump fake , pump fake, underneath or incomplete .

zace likes this.
  15. ponytrekker

ponytrekker Member

#notmyquarterback

Footballgod214 likes this.
  16. IIMeanDeanII

He had two bad passes, the kid hasn't played a full game in the NFL until now. He was on point otherwise and he is not going to light the world on fire coming out is the gate. To say he is not the answer is extremely premature given the circumstances of it all.

The best QB in the league have made the same bad passes, year in and year out. It doesn't define who he is or will be after one game.

Come on.

PulseJet likes this.
  17. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

People are just ridiculous. If they keep playing him we'll have our answer after Week 17 --- Maybe.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  18. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

Bring back Sanchez. If we had just kept Sanchez we could have used all those picks we wasted on Geno, Petty and Hakenberg on O line men or cornerbacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

SMH The idiotic posts just keep coming. :rolleyes: Some of you people should be banned from following the Jets or posting on any Jets forum.

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He had more than two bad passes. Holding the ball too long when the first read wasn't there. Too many punp fakes and was lucky he wasnt stripped a few times. Its a hazard waiting to happen. He is a project qb. It is what it is. Im sure when you settle down and watch the game again, you'll see what im talking about. No play calling wasnt great, but he wasnt either.

Nobody expected him to light it up, but that was putrid. I don't think he's the answer but I'd much rather see him than Fitzpatrick.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk