Hey Champ

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by typeOnegative13NY, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Buttle

Buttle New Member

More talented you must be confused I am assuming you meant the Jets are much more talented than KC. This Jets team is much more talented than KC. Our Defense is a ton better even though it plays much poorer now that we don't have a coach. KC has lost its three starting tackles OG and QB. They have a QB who holds the ball to long and makes at least one devasting fumble each game. Our WR's are better than KC, our OL is better than KC, our Qb is better than KC, out defense is better, our special teams is better and our schedule is much easier. The only areas where KC is better is TE and RB and we all know how easy it is to run without an OL They beat arguably the best in the league and took Denver to OT. Give any team in the league our schedule and they automatically have 4-5 wins.

In regards to getting beat by Miami and Pitt its not always who you play them but when you play them. Mimai is a much better team now than when we played them and we lose badly to thema now if we played as poorly as we did against them. Tennesseee for example ios a much better team than we played the first week. Against Pittsburgh KC played a defending champion that was embrassed on Monday night and was fighting for thier life. Since then Rothlesberger has suffered a concussion and has not played well since. Its not always who you play but when you play them. We have had the luxury of not only playing bad teams but playing them at the right time. Buffalo, Miami and Tennessee are much ebtter teams than the ones that gifted us wins.

KC with all its injuries and a normal coach would be lucky to have 1-2 wins right now. Its a credit to the character of the team and the CS that they didn't fold their tent after week 2.

#21 Buttle, Nov 12, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  2. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

^No way this team is more talented than KC, absolutely no way.

3. Buttle

Buttle New Member

Exactly where do you think we are less talented than KC other than TE and RB. It certainly is not WR, QB, OL, or defense. Thier OL has almnost no starters. Pennington simply by not fumbling is betetr than Huard, Coles and Cotchery are bteer than Kennison and Parker, our LBS are better, our DL is better, the only area of defense they have an edge is at CB (even with Ty lLaw getting burned constantly and getting 2-3 holding calls a game) but out safeties are better. Even our special teams are better.

#23 Buttle, Nov 12, 2006
  4. Jollygreenjet

Jollygreenjet Moderator

You cant be serious?:rofl2:

The problem was never with Herms "team" the problem was Herm! We wouldn't have half the wins we do now if he were still the coach. Herms team would have lost 4 out of the first 5 games, as they did almost every year..And would occasionally back into the playoffs..Herms teams always gave up, and seldom fought to the end, and Herm wouldn't know what to do with a time out if he had 20 of them to use per game..The man was terrible with clock management! Herm is nothing but a glorified cheerleader that has no clue about X's and O's.... Its only a matter of time before the KC players get sick of his stupid speeches and lay down on him like the Jets players did. I feel sorry for the Chiefs, its the beginning of the end for them....

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

^^ What KC team are you watching? The Jets more talented ha!!!

Lets see QB, until today Damon Huard was playing at a pro-bowl level, can't say the same about Chad

RB: Is there even a discussion

OL: Yes Roaf is a huge loss but they are considered by many to have an elite OL. There is no way a team with 2 rookies and a convrted DL playing is better than KC's OL

WR: Yes I'll give it to us, Coles, Cotch and company are better than Parker, Kennison and Hall

TE: HOF TE vs Chris Baker

DL toss up

LB: I'd say Derrick Johnson is a notch below Vilma but the suppoting cast is even

DBs, I'd say they have the best of the bunch with Ty Law but Kerry Rhodes is better than their safety's.

P I'd say Colquit and Graham are even maybe edge to Graham

Tynes is way better than Nugent

KR Hall and Miller, IDK both pretty good but I'll give the edge to Miller as of now.

Where is this immensly talented Jets team you speak of?

6. GreenMachine

Jolly steps in for the fatal blow!:grin:

7. Buttle

Buttle New Member

Yup all Herm did was win with very bad teams after the team was dismantled because of the Parecellian cap problems prior to the 2002 seasopn. Arguably the 2002 and 2003 teams were the least talented ion the NFL when we had 6 starting defensive players thast should not have been playing in the NFL but even with a team that bad they still played hard. Between 2002 and 2005 despite being overmatched by a sizeable amount in talent in each week they played 44 consecutive games (where they eitehr won or had a chance to win (with the exception of one game the 2nd pats game in 2004) late in the 4th quater. Arguably the greatest and best played and best coached period in Jets history.

Yup Herm is such a bad coach that is why this years defense and team has played so much worse without him and why KC's terrible defense is playing so much better than expected. Thats why our team has played all year (except for today) with no moitvation, effort or hustle while KC is has been playing their butts off each week. KC might not have the talent or the easy schedule of the Jets but at leat thier players can hold their heads up knowing they played their best each week. Hopefully todays Jet game was not an aberration and can play with this kind of effort every week.

#27 Buttle, Nov 12, 2006
  8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Champ's "cruise" just got extended by at least a week.

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Buttle is filling in for Champ nicely though.

10. GreenMachine

KC lost to Miami....

11. Buttle

Buttle New Member

Thanks, but I feel like I am trying to explian the benefits of affirmative action to a table of republicans. My arguments may or may not be sound but the audience does not want to listen.

12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

:rofl: :up:

13. GreenMachine

When in doubt, pull the race card......

14. Jollygreenjet

Jollygreenjet Moderator

[
    Dont blame Herms team for dealing with a Parcells cap problem. Thats just an excuse, and Herm was full of them! Herm inherited a good football team! So what he inherited some cap problems?..Teams go through this year in and year out. Herm was responsible for the players he had, and never put together ONE good draft to ever help his cause! Mangini has done a solid job, with a group of young and new players. He has them playing very well with a completely overhauled system! Mangini also had an excellent draft his first season as Jets coach, something Herm could never claim to this day! Herm has the luxury of an offense that is the same as last years in KC, and has a monster running back to rely on! I'm not feeling sorry for Herm! He has plenty of weapons in KC to compete! He was brought in for his defensive mind set "go figure" to help the KC team who has suffered there for a very long time! Thats really funny if you think about it, Edwards never ever had a good defense as the head coach of the Jets, and had plenty of time to put his stamp on it! Bottom line!

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'm having such a hard time figuring out what team was dismantled...

Lets see during the Parcells era we drafted Pennington, Coles, Ellis, Abraham, Becht, Fabini and brought in Mawae and Martin. Sounds like a pretty good core and with the exception of Coles all played the entire Herm era in NY.

Herm also inherited Lewis who was a PB LB when Herm took over and Marvin Jones. he also had a PB corner in Aaron Glen for a few years. Sahl we forget old Randy Thomas who they let walk to the Skins? John Hall was also a solid kicker.

Where exactly is this lack of talent Herm was left with? The question is how many PB players did old Hermy bring in or develop during his days as Jets coach? It's not about the talent not being there because Coles goes to Washington and becomes a PB WR, Moss goes to Washington PBer he becomes. It's about the lack of developing talent,

Don't for one second say that Herm had no talent when he took over the Jets. Parcells and Groh left him with tons of talent he just underachieved with the talent he left with.

16. Buttle

Buttle New Member

5 starters were gotten rid of after Herm's first year because we were $28 millon over the cap. Two of our best defensive players Glenn and Coleman were two of them. We had 6 players starting on defense in 2002 and 2003 that arguably that could not have made a real NFL Team. Lewis and Jones should have retired in 2001. Beasley and Abraham had no busness playing in the NFL. Robinsion and Garnes should have been looking at the AFL. The 2002 and 2003 team were both arguably the least talented teams in the NFL. The offense was awful. The OL could not pass block, Pennington could not throw longer than 7 yards in the air without it looking like a punt. Add in the injuries in 2003 and six wins and 16 competitive games was possibly ther greatest coaching job we will ever see. By far 2003 was Edawrds best coaching job. Getting a team that bad to play that hard every week was beyond amazing. The 2002-2003 teams was about as bad from a talent standpoint as you can get.

Between 2001 and 2003 we signed no free agents (with the exception of Cowart) other than bargain basement FA's no one else wanted. Not because we could but because we had no money because of Parcells cap problems. We constantly had to push Parcells cap problems futher into the future each year and only sign a few of the players we would like to keep. In 2004 we were able to draft some defense and begin the rebuilding process of the defense. In 2004 we had one of yhe uyoungest and most inexpereinced teams in the league.

Thanks to Bradways refusal to spend we were finally able to get rid of the Parcells cap problems this year. But it has cost us dearly. We have lost lots of players and have been unable to sign players that could help us.

Thats why Belechick refused the Jets jobs because the cap problems and age gave this team no future . But desipte all these problems and being in constant rebuilding mopde since 2002 we have remained competitive, Quite an amazing accomplishment with a team with such problems.

#36 Buttle, Nov 12, 2006
  17. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

HAHAHAHAH!!!

[​IMG]

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The problem is your man-love of Edwards is sickening. I cannot read your posts beyond one sentence anymore.

19. Buttle

Buttle New Member

I will have to start sending you private messages then. Glad for the support. Oh and I love your posts, open minded thinking, love of irrational hate and your respect for thoughts other than your own. Like many young people you are not interested in a discussion rather you only just want everyone else to state that you are wonderful. Well kudos to you and let me be the first to tell you that you are wonderful. I will say it again if it will help you. Remind me to include that in my pms if I forget. :)

#39 Buttle, Nov 13, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  20. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The issue is not about someone supporting Edwards. The issue is supporting the guy to an obscene level.