Positivity Thread: 2 game Winning streak, Jets in middle of playoff hunt

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by John, Oct 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John

John Active Member

As a member here now for 3 years, season ticket holder and a jet fan for 20 (my whole life) I give myself the authority to make this thread. This fanbase needs a shift in culture and I'm here to help lead this change. Our beloved jets need some positive energy , we are on a two game winning streak yet you would think we lost based on this board!!

We dominated the second half it wasn't as close as a 3 point game you and I know that . Mid way through the 4th q the Browns had like 10 offensive snaps in the second half . Let's all calm down we are in a position of a run . Need the Chiefs or raiders or Broncos one of those 3 to start losing and we'll be in an awesome position . If one of those three teams has 4 losses after our bye I would LOVE the position were in

So it's up to you and I we are in this guys lets make the change from negative to positive thank you guys
    -John

(I am going to change my geno Avy soon I'm on mobile)

2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

The world needs more heroes like you.

3. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

If they can win these next 2 and get to 5-5, at the very least the season will be exciting again. And that stadium will be hopping Sunday night vs New England.

4. Pothead

Pothead Member

.500 heading into New England will be huge. We must split with the Pats, that will be crucial.

JetLifeLo and John like this.
  5. John

John Active Member

I agree completely , we need to stay focused win the next 2
    If we get to play the pats at 5-5 and win confidence would be back and everything will be great. These next 2 are huge we gotta win

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Be careful, any sort of optimism around here and you may be called out for the worst thread in the history of forum thread making.

I see our schedule and even though its ugly if we can get ourselves to .500 and these teams around us lose then who knows, maybe we have a shot?

Right now, I cannot stress myself with the Jets. They stink, defense is the biggest letdown so far of the season.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  7. John

John Active Member

The defense confuses me, it's like phases of the game they let down but then other parts of the game they play phenomenal it confuses me a lot . Ravens was the only game they played phenomenal throughout

But for example 1st half yesterday we were like wtf is wrong with the defense but 2nd half they are back to being great . They need to just play the full game great!

8. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I'll leave you optimists alone on this thread... if you promise to stay out of the reality threads.

9. ToddNoBowles

ToddNoBowles Member

It's almost like the Browns weren't playing to win in 2nd half. Hmmmm. Now If only we can get teams not playing to win the rest of the way we might be alright.

Otherwise?? We are doomed.

10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Hey, our team got their shit together and avoided embarrassing all of us yesterday. That's a HUGE positive in my mind. Other positives are the toughness of our QB, who almost got decapitated, and then came back with a strong second half, and the continued path to stardom of Enunwa, who again made some big plays. A third related positive was Chan Gailey finally calling plays (second half) that fit this offense.

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Mark down yesterday in Cleveland vs. the 0-7 Browns as the day the Jet franchise turned the corner. Consider:

- prior to yesterday, the Jets' record when trailing by 13 or more points at halftime: 0-69.

- prior to yesterday, the number of games without an INT by a Jet LB: 49.

- prior to yesterday, the number of TD passes thrown by Fitzpatrick in the 2nd half this year: 0.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

12. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Miami is going to be tough coming off their bye week. Jets will have to dig deep inside to win this road game. We'll need to win the turnover margin and time of possession again.

Royal Tee likes this.
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets are not close to the playoff hunt right now. They are 2.5 games back of the 6 seed Chiefs, who blew out the Jets. So more like 3.5 back.

Having said that, this Miami game is big. Win that and you can be taken slightly serious. Lose it and the season is over. Same with the Rams game the following week. This is what happens when you lose 5 games before the middle of October.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If you are 20 you haven't been a jet fan for 20 years. Just because your mom put jets gear on you as a baby doesn't mean you were a fan, could be grounds for abuse charges though

15. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Thank GOD you didn't watch the first half !.........

16. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

The guy who will lead the optimism charge, with this avi.... subliminal message?

Never mind, John will change it. Maybe it'll make all the difference.

17. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

There is no way this bunch is splitting with the Pats......and trust me, I have NO love whatsoever for the Pats. You are what your record says you are....and our record says we can barely beat the fucking Browns.

westiedog1, JeTsInTexas and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. John

John Active Member

Yes I am I was here to make a change for this franchise we need to become positive let's go guys

19. John

John Active Member

I mentioned about my Avy I have to change it any suggestions?

20. John

John Active Member

Negative please get out
    This is a place for positivity only

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.