One word - Swagger

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sanchizeqb, Nov 12, 2006.

1. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

The biggest problem with this defense throughout most of the season has been a lack of swagger. I think taking D-Rob out of the NT position brings us a big body in Moore which opens things for playmakers like Rhodes and Vilma. For the first time this season, I saw bodies flying everywhere in our defense, whether it be Rhodes knocking Maroney on his ass, DB's blitzing and shoving around their receivers before coverage, Erik Coleman coming across to sack Tom Brady.

It really was a thing of beauty. Through the celebrations, I saw a certain swagger that we have lacked. A sense of pride about stopping the run. It's definitely something I sense we lacked, and we're actually showing signs of it. Just wanted to point it out and see if anyone agrees.

2. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

great post mate. All i can say is WOOOOO YEH

3. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I agree. The Jets flew to the ball carrier today and laid the smack down on the Patisies. Great game on D.

TBTF

4. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

Lmao

doesn't swagger occur when you are actually good? i think it would be just a bit too assy to have swagger when you give up a buck fifty on the ground and another 200 plus in the air on average. the only swagger they should have is when they win, AND actually play solid D.

EDIT: okay, I didn't read the whole post, and yes, after today, they should be proud. not too proud, and they should pat each other on the back, but they need to play at a certain level every week, every down, and for every inch. this is the first game i think anyone here can say they did almost that. that 31 second drive was a big letdown, and really put NE in a position to win.

#4 KOWIE, Nov 12, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  5. JeTs8320

JeTs8320 New Member

i was shocked on how they pretty much stopped maroney and dillon today..well besides dillons 50 yarder...and hey kimo got a sack

GO JETS!!

6. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

50+ yard run to dillon wasn't very good. That just can't happen. I saw a lot of missed tackles today as well. I think that the Pats just didn't play well, that's my opinion. But kudos to the Jets D for standing tall and playing tough when they needed to.

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I agree the D showed something. I think the bye hit at the perfect time. It looks like they made some key adjustments and the players really bought into it. It did look like they were flying to the ball instead of playing on their heals. It was nice to see the D actually initiate contact rather than reacting to it.

8. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

Maybe its just me but I hate the little swagger/duck waddle/shimmy/funky chicken/pidgeon strut that players do after they make a good play.

It's much cooler to just jog off the field as if you make plays like that all the time and get your helmet and back slapped by your team mates.

9. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

That's exactly the way the Super Bowl III Champion Jets were.

10. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

you damn right he did...and if you missed it when i said it before, here's one more for the fans...brady got the kimo therapy :breakdance:

11. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

bring back mr ed!!!!!!!!

12. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

thats so bad the rimshot guy jumped out the window! :beer: