Resigning Fitzpatrick was a major mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Greenday4537, Sep 11, 2016.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

We had an opportunity to take a bigget lead and he couldnt move this team. I know what youre saying and youre right, a team fail is really what happened, but he definitely is a factor.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Is anyone interested in watching Fitz at this point?

He's a big reason we have one win even though he didn't do anything awful today he wasn't very good

Just change it...nothing to lose

3. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

He is a factor, but if the running game was even the least bit effective the O wouldnt need to rely on Fitz, which we have seen is a recipe for disaster. Its no different for most teams. If they are one dimensional on offense they get shut down. Forte was 12 carries for 53 yards today. If you remove his 28 yard gain, that made him 11 for 25 yards. That will kill alot of drives.

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

100% correct. Not even in the top 10. If you're blaming the QB for losing the game today, you need to go back to football 101.

If you're looking to place the blame, start here ... 47 dropbacks for Ben ... 1 sack. ONE.
    Fucking ridiculous.

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Omg youre right, hes been atrocious lately. That hasnt escaped me. I think its more because teams are gonna make Fitzpatrick beat them. That means more guys in the box because they know he cant beat them deep.

I think if we had more offensive production, hed have more room. That isnt soley on fitz tho.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

6. PulseJet

And only 1 pressure. He had all day back there. The Jets have a huge amount invested on their D line and from what I heard the Steelers had a patchwork OL today. Thats unacceptable. Blame the journeyman QB all we want, and he deserves alot of the blame, the real problem is this "elite" defense that Bowles put together cant stop anybody. They make every QB they face look like hall of famers.

7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

When the opposing QB is garbage, you can stack the box, stop the run, and force the QB to try to not suck for once.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  8. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

Fitz wasn't really bad today all things considering. He reeled himself in from making stupid mistakes which is what his aim was to do. You got exactly what he's capable of, decent performance with no major mistakes.

The defense gave up 380 passing yards.

The run game was awful.

Bowles was terrible. Fitz is pretty decent with a keeper so you punt in 4th and short? What the heck was he thinking?

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. PulseJet

Fitzpatrick was 25 for 38 with at least 3 key drops. He had plenty of intermediate completions of 15-20 yards. At least 5 of them today. Offensive Red Zone playcalling and execution has been atrocious all year.

10. King Koopa

Exactly...you can't change the whole defensive line or defensive backfield...and the shitty headcoach isn't going anywhere at this point

The only thing we can really do that could make a decent impact is seeing the team with someone else under center at this point

Maybe nothing better happens but I sure as hell won't Fitz regardless....we're 1-4 with 3 AFC losses against wildcard opponents and have nothing to lose

11. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

He gets one more week to try to salvage the season in Arizona. If we lose and he is average or worse, you can't trot him out in front of the home fans in week 7 with a 1-5 team. That's conventional wisdom. That said, Bowles is a clueless fool, he will probably ride Fitz until week 13 or so

JetBlue likes this.
  12. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

As others have said, besides the Cincinnati game the defensive line has been pretty pathetic. It played decently against Buffalo, but it hasn't performed up to expectations lately - especially today.

13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Can't watch him anymore, even TD to Big Mouth should have been intercepted, pass to Enunwa over the middle was classic Fitz, he's 5 yards away from you and you throw it 3 yards in front of him

King Koopa likes this.
  14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, Bowles is in a tough spot when it comes to Fitz. I've said in another thread that benching the guy your GM just signed for 12mil is a extremely hard thing to do. Why? When you do that, you're pointing out the $12mil mistake your GM did and making him look bad. Particularly to the guy that has to sign those checks.

We come back home at 1-5 and Bowles trots Fitz out on the field and he'll get the Geno treatment no doubt about it. Mentally, that puts the entire team in a bad position as they're now playing in front of a hostile home crowd. It would like a road game except for the booing. Let Fitz throw a pick and it will be pandemonium at Met Life.

So, Bowles is damned if he plays Fitz.. Damned if he doesn't.

15. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If Romo is the odd man out in Dallas we should make an offer for him.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  16. King Koopa

Fitz's garbage play is already making the GM and team look bad....it speaks for itself

Benching him is a step in the right direction

FJF, Cman68 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Disagree. Getting half a season of Romo and paying heavily for it does nothing to improve this team.

It's time to get the young guys under center and start getting them game experience, even if it means more losing for a while.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

FJF and Boomboom like this.
  18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

With each week Fitz sucks and we keep losing it gets easier to pull the plug on this $12 mil nightmare

Cman68 likes this.
  19. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

I agree it has to be a consideration if he is available this offseason and the mandate is still to try to put together a playoff contender. That said, I would probably prefer blowing it up and rebuilding to the Romo band-aid. If he can be had though for a 3rd rounder or less, I understand if they make the move.

20. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

No. I repeat, no.