The official crap on McCagnan thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Oct 3, 2016.

1. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

I think he will regret passing on Paxton Lynch. The kid looked like the real deal in his first action of the year.

Meanwhile Christian Hackenburg could start for most good high school teams.

2. IsmokePot

IsmokePot Active Member

Stupidity behind your idea but I'm starting to think Mcagnan could be part of the problem. Has nothing to do with passing on lynch and more about his work in the FA market.

3. ToddNoBowles

ToddNoBowles Member

Passed on Paxton and Dak but hey at least we got a QB that is so broken the thought of playing him is shamed upon by the fan bas and a LB that can coverTes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'll say this much, this thread is no worse than the Bowles one. If you want to kick and scream that Bowles sucks then you should get on Mac too.

FJF likes this.
  5. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

Stop talking.

6. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Macc came in with a grossly depleted roster and was forced to spend in order to quickly boost the rosters talent level, whilst also rebuild through the draft. The only thing I have a problem with is his selection of Hackenberg in the second round, but I'm not as critical of that pick as some because Hack is 21 years old and I do believe Franklin ruined his mechanics and screwed his psyche by letting Hack get killed behind a horrendous o-line at Penn State. The unfortunate reality is we are seeing free agents not live up to their contracts, regress, and lack of talent in past drafts from Idzik to as far back as Tannenbaum rear their ugly heads. Also, Macc folding and giving Fitz 12 mil was also not a good move... but I can't come out and blame Macc for what I'm seeing on the field. I see a team that is poorly coached, unmotivated, and sloppy playing against better competition. I see a journeyman qb returning to his historical average play, and I see a HC who is unwilling to adjust and make the tough decision of pulling a 12 million dollar qb, and also addressing the secondary.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Er U forgot about 4th round Dak :mad:

8. gordy

gordy Member

I like Mac. Bowles is the problem.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The Jets will never win without a franchise QB. Until they find one everything else is just hit or miss years and SOJ.

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

No one is perfect

Mac has definitely pulled a few bad moves but I would say that's only 30 percent of the time Yes our draft choices especially missing on a really good QB is a fault, signing Gilchrist/Skrine was meh, handing Mevi$ 39 million was absurd Believe it or not Fitzs year contract is only 12 mil -a relative bargain for a Qb Look at the Texans throwing 74 mil at a kid who played 5 games!

The Coach was not his hire and TB is a 90 percent bad Coach I give him 10 percent plus for yapping at a presser... whoopee

I really believe MM will turn it around...or we want our money back lol

11. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Every team passed on Dak at least once. Even the team that took him. Picking QB is 90% crap shoot or Rams would have taken Wentz.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Maccagnan hired Bowles, who did you think did?

http://nypost.com/2015/01/13/jets-reach-agreement-with-bowles-to-be-head-coach/

13. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Until Petty and Hack get actual in game reps, we dont know what the Jets have in them. Get them ready and in the game. Keep drafting QB's. Rinse Lather Repeat.

NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Maccagnan has been fine so far. Not perfect (I also would have preferred Lynch, and I think the Brandon Shell trade is by far the worst move he's made so far), but he's nowhere near in the negative at this point.

15. BuzzKillington

Maccagnan needs an opportunity to bring in his own head coach.

It's unfair to judge Maccagnan when he's been saddled with such a poor head coach.

16. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

OH NO..Article makes it sound he was in on the deal but who knows

Horrible mistake

let me restate things then

If story is true then Mac gets it wrong 45% of the time ....not such a wonderful record sorry to say

His bad choices are costing us

As a GM you can hire and fire Maybe Bowles makes an early exit before his contract is up......

Mac is going to get it right...eventually

18. Jet fans deserve an explanation on the passing up of Lynch. I really don't care how much they liked Lee.

How do you pass on ANY 1st round QB w. our history..much less one who is 6'7 & carried an otherwise lousy team??

I've generally liked Mac's eye for talent & most of his acquisitions. But I'm not sure passing on Lynch is forgiveable...regardless of what Lee does.

Yes Lynch needed some time behind the scenes. But that fit exactly into what the Jets wanna do anyway!They want to develop a guy over time. Who exactly was sour on Lynch? Will we ever know the truth? Was it Chan who didn't wanna feature a QB who does most of his damage outside the pocket? Was it Bowles wanting to go defense? Did Mac REALLY like Hack better?We all know Woody's affinity for the QB position & its been widely reported he is present for alot of the QB evaluations. Was HE the one that veto'd Lynch b/c he thought a 1st round pick who needed a year would be bad PR?

I really would love an answer. Afterall. Whatever genius it was..set us back another 5 years at least.

19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Hindsight is 20-10......BUT we do have some young guys at positions that have notoriously been in annual replenishment mode for years on end......specifically LB, WR, and OL.

Of course we will be sniffing out new secondary help and RB but, IMO, we have some flexibility heading in to next offseason.

now we already have 3 QB draft picks since 2014 (likely the highest in the league) so we won't take another non first rounder but if we finish this year as feared, we could take another QB next year, high in round one.

Unless we give the colts a ransom and sign luck. Can u imagine. If us and the colts finish toward the top i could see a scenario where luck bolts the colts and they draft another stud QB

20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

his biggest problem is neglecting the OL big time. Can anyone believe we STARTED a new season with Ben I. and Quale as our RTs and Winters as our RG. Mangold is not getting younger and neither is Clady.

NYJetsO12 likes this.