Bench the Beard

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by playtowinthegame, Oct 2, 2016.

1. ToddNoBowles

ToddNoBowles Member

Just as I'm glad your not in charge. If you haven't been paying attention rookie QBs who supposedly weren't ready are tearing up the league. The key is putting them in position to succeed with smart game plans. If the CS can't handle that then they need to be replaced asap.

If Petty isn't ready due to injury than bring on the Hack. Team is going nowhere fast with Fitz or Geno, we need to see what if anything we have in the other two. If they're as trashy as the other two then this team has to find a way and do whatever nessasary to finally find a franchise QB next offseason.

FlaJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You don't know that, so please stop with the definitive statements. If the team continues to come out unprepared, beat themselves and play sloppily week in and week out and wind up winning only 5-6 games, I could easily see Bowles getting fired. Mac doesn't owe Bowles anything. Mac didn't hire Bowles. If Woody is pissed because the team failed to make the playoffs again and regressed this year, and starts putting pressure on Mac, Mac could easily fire Bowles if he is unhappy with the job that Bowles has done this season and think that his own job may be in jeopardy if he sticks with Bowles. If the Jets wind up only winning 6-7 games, I think the only thing that would/should save Bowles job is that he shows that he has learned from his mistakes and makes a lot of adjustments/corrections before the end of the season. At this point, it clearly looks like Bowles and the team is regressing. He seems to have no answers this year. If he has no solutions to the Jets' problems, then why should he be retained? The only thing I can see at this point that could possibly save his job under those circumstances is if Wolfe, Casserley and perhaps Mac counsel Woody to be patient with Bowles, that the team still has a number of holes and without a quality QB they can't really be expect to win consistently. While they would have a point to an extent, this team has better talent than last season, and have not played like they were being well-coached.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You don't get it or have reading comprehension issues. Hack has major fundamentals issues that need to be corrected. You wouldn't find out what you might have in Hack because as he is, he will never succeed in the NFL. They already know that.

I'm fully aware of what other young QBs are doing, but you can't compare situations. Offenses are different, philosophies are different, the playrs are different, and those rookie QBs didn't have Hacks issues with fundamentals that affect his basic accuracy. One can design an offense around a rookie who has sound throwing fundamentals, but needs to learn the offense, to read Ds and make his progressions. Gailey's known for tailoring his offense to fit the skills of his QB and for getting the best out of his QBs. They're not going to rush Petty and Hack onto the field. They've said that numerous times. They're not going to make the same mistakes the previous regimes did.

There's no way they can design an offense to hide Hacks fundamentals issues and poor accuracy. Sooner or later he will have to make all the throws. He needs to fix those fundamentals to have any shot at making it in the NFL.

4. IsmokePot

IsmokePot Active Member

Fitz gets 4-5 more games, before we start to give Petty and possibly hackenberg some time.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You're right. I shouldn't underestimate the possibility that the Jets are as rash as their fanbase.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Fitz throws the back shoulder fade 20 times in a row.. uhh ya think maybe the defense would catch on??! nah. ... look at marshall the whole way and throw the back shoulder fade. good call ya dumbass harvard fuck

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

It's time to replace Fitz, the beard must go

8. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

I'm not Geno's biggest fan either but at this point we might as well see what benching Fitz is going to do to this offense and how it would spark the team. People like him, I get it, but right now he's playing worse than any Jets QB I can remember if we're going by the 2 game stretch now. It can't get any worse. Could it get better next week? Maybe. Could he bounce back? Maybe. But we went into this game with the same mindset and again he turned the ball over 3 times. Fitz is who he is, his limitations as a passer will always limit where this team could go. And he chokes in big games, he doesn't even show up. Put Geno in, Petty, let's see what kind of spark they'll provide next week. Whether they stink up the joint or Fitz (again) shouldn't matter. But at least those other guys would provide a spark. There's no tape of them for this year, they have strong arms, better mobility, ASJ could be a factor with those two (Geno liked throwing it to Amaro, Petty liked throwing it to Sudfeld). Put either in and let's go. I'm tired of seeing Fitz dink & dunk it and lose close games and get destroyed by good defenses. It's enough.

9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I think Bowles is an offensive coach. I am offended every time I watch him coach our team.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If you watched what Pittsburgh did to KC last night you will know it won't get any better next week..but it might get Bowels fired which would be a plus.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

The team has to be convinced the season will be down the toilet if they continue starting Fitz. My guess is they'll give him two more games at the most to see if he can convincingly make the team competitive. But fat chance with that. Fitz is played out. I'd give Geno or Petty a chance to see what they could do.

12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Gettin' close to 1 mil per INT already, bench this POS

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but if Fitz fails again we need to put Geno in

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Perhaps we mortgage the future and move up on draft day...oh wait we are so pathetic a team we may win a game or two for 3 and 13

Who do we trade for ? A body that's healthy ..Jay cutler if he is let go? I am not sure This is bleak my friend

Lewis is not a great coach imo Pete Carrol? great players hardly brilliant I think its 50/50 so lets make a change

15. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Im not in the mood. Go troll somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

17. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Where else do U post??

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I wish they would start Geno. Not because I think he's better than Fitz, but to shut the Geno fan boys the fuck up.

19. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Many posters feel Geno should be starting. If he does I'm in his corner. I would like to see Petty in. Maybe the CS is waiting for him to be healthy? It sure seems they don't trust Geno.

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Its funny, ive never seen you post any intelligent thought on here. Youre one of the people who qas clamoring for Fitzpatrick, and look at him. He looks terrible. Hes been terrible. Dont tell me youre one of these petty is better people either, are you?

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk