Bench the Beard

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by playtowinthegame, Oct 2, 2016.

1. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

The plan was be competitive with fitztragic while the young guys learn. Things should change if we go 1-6. If petty is healthy get him some action.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Nothing to lose with seeing what Petty's got. We're going to get a top 15 if not top 10 pick anyway at this rate. The secondary isn't getting any better.

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  3. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I'm sure the front office was hoping to have a competitive season but when the schedule came out they must have known that it could be tough. Too bad but without a top QB you cannot win in the NFL and the Jets lack one.

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

They refuse to bench Revis or Pryor

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Broncos did it. The idea was we were supposed to have an elite defense like they have. We don't and that's on Mac and Bowles.

truthbtold likes this.
  6. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Ryan Fitzpatrick threw 6 INT's against this defense...

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  7. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Biggest homefield advantage in the sport and a good young QB who has no history. Fitz. has years on film and marked tendencies that other teams can exploit.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Millions and millions thrown towards the defense: I posted all Summer how Mevi$ is our most expensive bust ..but wait Buster Skrine and M Gilchrist got big $ too for hardly pro bowl performances so far

Keep drafting on defense ....gets you first rounders like Pryor and Lee has been semi good

We need an Offensive minded Coach and not these Defensive nincompoops like Todd Where are my Balls...no clock management,game prep, game adjustment skills...f#ckin clueless

We all will be on heavy antidepressants soon waiting for this godforsaken franchise to turn a corner

Make the trade Mac Get a decent QB for us

Also, Send Revis into retirement and revamp the Secondary

9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Revis robbed 17M from us. Plenty of blame to go around. Easiest fix is to can Bowles.

10. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

100% dead on.

This defense has shit the bed. Not only are they not elite ... They have stretches when they are borderline awful.
    Four games in ... ZERO impact plays. I watch at a bar every week. Games on all around me. You see game changing plays made all day long by other defenses ... And our defense provides dogshit.

Freddy Mondo and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. It's time for an offensive coach. They've been so stubbornly set on playing complimentary conservative O w. solid defense. What they failed to account for is that formula needs a DOMINANT defense that makes plays. The Jets simply do not cause any disruption on D

They've gotten so inept offensively w. these defensive coaches that 1. We no longer hold the O accountable for lack of points(fatal) 2. We expect complete perfection from the D. When you factor in the mental mistakes on O & the lack of tackling on D. their formula for winning is pretty fuckin stupid.

The game is scoring points. Somebody w/ an offensive background needs to come in here...get this offense functional...and let this defense settle into a reasonable role that can actually HAVE success. Rex,Boles,Herm & Mangini have not reinvented the wheel on D..despite our above average talent. We'd be better off w/ a sound minded defensive coordinator & a hard ass offensive head coach who stresses tempo, big plays & resiliency. Give our D a chance at a different role. Not standing on their heads for 4 qtrs. How bout playing w. a big lead for once?

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Yes, get rid of the DC. Fire Bowles

13. ToddNoBowles

ToddNoBowles Member

I'd give Petty the next 4 games and if he fails we see what we have in Hack rest of way. If they both fail?? Then at least we should be in draft position for a top QB prospect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I can't wait for that pick to be on a cornerback.

15. HomeoftheJets

Getting an offensive coach to get one isn't going to help. If anything, the defensive coaches have a better track record (Belichick, Tomlin, Carroll, Zimmer, Lewis, Rivera, etc). And which QB do you want to trade for?

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If Fitz has another couple of games like the last two, there will be NO illusions. They may fool a handful of Jets fans, but most will not be fooled. I think it would be a HUGE mistake not to bench Fitz if he continues to play like this.

I think the long-range plan is to pray that Petty or Hack develop and are ready to start next season. I think once he's healthy, they will work very hard to get Petty ready to play at the end of this season so they get an idea if he can be the guy next season. If he struggles, then their focus may shift to Hack, but I think that they'll do their best to make sure that one or both are ready to play next year and will let them duel it out in TC. They'll probably look to bring in a veteran just as insurance. If this isn't their plan, or they aren't going to trade the ranch to move up to draft a QB in the 2017 draft, and their plan is to roll with Fitz or another JAG, then I hope they all get fired.

17. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Sarcasm? The pick probably will and should be a corner. Tabor from Florida? King from Iowa? White from LSU? Scared of the next Milliner though...

18. NCJetsfan

Then I'm glad you're not in charge because your plan would be doomed to fail. Petty's not healthy (not even practicing) and Hack is not gonna succeed unless/until his fundamentals are fixed. Even then, he may not pan out.

The idea is to give both young QBs a real chance to succeed, not handling them like one throws shit at the wall and hopes something sticks. I believe that Petty will play this season so the Jets can get a clear picture of where he is and if they think he can be their starter next season, but it probably won't be until later in the season. At a minimum, I wouldn't expect Fitz to be benched (even though like you, I think he deserves to be) for at least another 8 games, maybe longer.

19. NCJetsfan

I agree that it's time for an offensive coach. The problem is that there has to be a quality candidate available. There certainly wasn't last year. The top two candidates last year were Bowles and Quinn. I also agree with Cman60 that I'm tired of all the rookie HCs and their having to learn on the job. I want an experienced HC. Again, however, there has to be one available.

20. HomeoftheJets

Enough with the replacement talk. We aren't firing Bowles after two seasons.