Bench the Beard

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by playtowinthegame, Oct 2, 2016.

1. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Oh and Mods, can we have a merged Fitz sucks thread?

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

And for all the years fitz on better teams has played none of his stats blow geno away, so whats your point?

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Good post and great point about accountability

I think just going to the backup QB can really give the team a wake up call and we clearly need that

Anyone should be benched if they aren't doing their job and Fitz has been brutal

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

what numbers?
    you gave me a PFF rating, which is subjective, and that was it. not even a Passer rating.

and you never provided a response to Geno's 3 pass, 3 INT game.
    that is what you are advocating for....and that is why you are wrong.
    IF Bowles makes a move, it has to be for Petty. Geno is done here.....benched by the 2nd straight coaching staff.

5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

FWIW, Fitz was holding the index finger on his throwing hand after the fumble that Peake scored on. I really hope that doesn't swell up tomorrow. That would be unfortunate.

NY Jets68 and Jets69 like this.
  6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

And a 6 int followed by a 3 int qb is better? Lmao some of you fans are so delusional. Seriously fitz makes sam bradford look like an all-star

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Remember that you're talking about a organization that doesn't make good decisions historically. We don't hire HC's with prior HC experience. We do OJT. Coaches come to the Jets to learn how to be an HC. That's on Woody's obsession with finding lighting in a bottle so to speak. Woody listened to two guys with agendas in the form of Casserly and Wolf who recommended Mac who in turn hired Bowles. IMO, only a HC with an established successful resume can really succeed here. They would be wise to move away from first timers to run the franchise.

The patience IS here for a rebuild but you have to admit that you actually ARE rebuilding. That way, they could have saved themselves 12million bucks not to mention Revis's contract.

zace likes this.
  8. BuzzKillington

We have no back-up.

Petty got totally Penningtoned in that final preseason game. That shoulder will never be right again. Career over.

Thanks, Todd Bowles.

9. BacktoQueens

not so much as Fitz being better......his played has lacked big time these last 2 weeks....it's more a matter of Geno having proven worse.
    that's not an option you turn to.

Petty would be next provided he's healthy. you'd be delusional to advocate otherwise.

and Bradford has been impressive so far...

10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I think they understood that until they had some success last season. Then suddenly we became a win now team without the players in place.

11. BacktoQueens

Wasn't just a sprain?
    i don't believe anything was torn unless it wasn't announced.

12. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't off of this performance because up until the first pick, he played pretty well. The second INT was not his fault. The third was garbage time. Benching him puts an unfair portion of blame on him when it was really the whole team that played poor. Another bad game though and they may have no choice.

I do want to be very clear about one thing though - Sanchez or Geno would never have survived the 5 game stretch Fitz has just had. They were run out of town for less. 9 INTs in 2 games is hard to do.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't get how fans don't understand who Ryan Fitzpatrick is. He is not a franchise QB. He is a journeyman QB who can manage games. He can't keep up when the defense completely blows it every week. Benching him would not help the Jets win.

14. BuzzKillington

You are right on the money.

Except, Macc didn't pick Bowles. They were hired simultaneously, both chosen by Casserly and Wolf.

The next HC Macc picks will be his first.

Unfortunately, that won't be until after the 2017 season.

Until then we're stuck with Todd "Toilet" Bowles.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  15. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

While this is mostly accurate, another L and multi-INT performance next week and they probably have no choice. You can't tell me with a straight face that either Geno or Sanchez would have survived a 5 game stretch like Fitz just had with their jobs intact. No way. We know stretches like that got both of them benched. Fitz is well-liked and has veteran cred that his journeyman career suggests has not been earned. He's NEVER been to the playoffs. Do you think he's breaking that streak this year?

16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Bradford hasnt lost for them, he hasnt been impressive at all. Geno hasnt proven worse, he played on a worse team. Everyone on this board was screaming it then suddenly everyone forgets.

Its not just the ints that is troubling, its the play overall. The inability to sustain drives, bad decisions, and weak arm. He wasny great last season but an inflated TD number fools people into thinking hes better than he is.

He cant lead recievers, so all his throws have to be contested. Anderson is wasted on him.

JetBlue and BuzzKillington like this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

No sense in playing Geno. Fitz gives us a better chance to win now (had Geno looked good this preseason I might think differently but he was a wreck), and if we fall out of contention after another couple weeks play Petty. Unlike Geno he's still under contract after this season.

rammagen likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. Fitz gives us nothing and is limited. At least Geno can wing the ball and will give opposing Ds something else to think about. I'd rather see Geno out there getting sacked or throwing picks than see Fitz ever again. What's really frustrating is knowing that Bowles isn't going to
    bench Fitz. I'm almost at the point of hoping that Fitz and the Jets lose the next 8 games so that Bowles can be fired before the season ends and Fitz can finally be benched by Mac, and the reigns be handed over to Petty. It doesn't really matter what I wish for, however, because the way Fitz is playing and the way Bowles is not coaching, that's what is going to happen anyway.

tomdeb and King Koopa like this.
  19. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Only reason I'd go to Geno now is he might be a spark for the team while the season is still early...With Fitz the fire is out and he's on a path to disaster at this rate

Also I know most people don't think he will ever be good but we can atleast put the argument to bed one way or the other if Geno gets a few games with a solid team around him

But yeah ultimately I would go to Petty for the rest of the year if Geno didn't play well for a few games

I don't know how they can continue to trot out Fitz with a straight face

He's on pace for like 40 picks

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. What's the point of playing a QB who gives you zero chance to win? Fitz gives this team no chance to win because of his lack of accuracy, his stupid locking onto receivers, throwing into double and triple coverage and inability to beat anyone deep. At least Geno gives the threat of being able to beat someone deep. There's no way Geno would have played as poorly these last 2 games as Fitz has. If they're gonna tank for draft position, then fine, keep playing Fitz, but if they have any hopes of salvaging the season and being entertaining (not to mention saving Bowles' job), Fitz needs to be benched the next time he throws an interception.