Week 4 - Seahawks @ Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Sep 26, 2016.

1. IsmokePot

IsmokePot Active Member

If Wilson is a go, the Dline and linebackers cannot continue to over pursue. Wilson on a bum leg will still give us trouble. Also stop getting burnt by the misdirection and trickery as they were against KC. Follow the ball with your eyes! I understand excitement can take over causing us to be tricked or over purse but this cannot happen at the professional level as often as it has. Carroll is a glorified college coach, I guarantee he picked up how great that college bullshit run offense KC was using worked wonders on us. If Pryor has problems with Graham which he really shouldn't, Antonio Allen and/ or Miles better be ready. Pryor cannot play how he did against KC or he must be pulled on passing downs. Allen and Miles have had decent success covering TEs.

tbruner12 likes this.
  2. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

I had a dream we defensively shut down the Seahawks and we won. Hopefully it comes true since I'll be at the game and we need this win.

Bad news for you guys though. I've gone to a game each of the past 3 years. I'm 0-3 at MetLife. Losses to the Steelers, Broncos, and Eagles in that order.

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Didn't we win that steelers game where we were like 1-6 or 2-7 or something?

4. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

Just checked and we lost 19-6 giving us a 3-3 record. Maybe you're thinking of a different season? This was the 2013-14 season.

5. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

2014, Rex and Idziks last year, when we went 4-12, we beat the Stealers at home 20-13.

dawinner127 and TheJetLife like this.
  6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

No, but this season he is no longer an Island. He needs to play like a $17M CB.

tbruner12 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

same... I was so excited buying my ticket last saturday... then sunday came.. now I want a refund lmao. Marshall moved like he wwas made of stone in KC... Decker sounds like his shoulder is SHOT but we're just scared to report it and face that huge loss... Then there's Ryan Six-pick-trick vs Seattle Defense ... ugh.. everything's all bad. I guess the best thing i can wish for is good weather while im in the building.

8. JetLifeLo

Idk why people keep saying Russ Wilson is out when every report i've heard sounds more and more sure he will DEF. play each day. Never once heard he'd be out.

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Well that doesn't look good either. I think it is supposed to rain Sunday during the game.

I hope that Marshall smokes Sherman Sunday. I'm sick of his loud mouth and how good everyone says this guy is. He plays one side of the field, has an All-Pro safety-tandem behind him and in the past one of the best pass rushes in the league. He is a product of the system.

10. JetLifeLo

LOL!!! GRRREEEAT!

I feel you on Sherm... but i'm not sure if Marshall's leg is healthy enough to smoke anyone right now... hope so though!

I really need Decker to play if he's capable.. but i don't think he will. Would have loved to seen Enunwa eat up their nickel CB & OLB's... maybe we'll have to put Forte in formation to WR to throw them off guard and create a few mismatches... We did that to buffalo and they had NO answers.

Yankjetfan likes this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

when Sunday ended I felt better about our chances against Seattle than I do right now ! The seahawks were banged up going into that game and then Wilson got banged around ,,,,,,BUT ,,,,now Marshall is at least practicing on a bad knee but Decker being hurt is huge,,,,,,ps any word on Clady ? last I heard he was in concussion protocol during or after the game sunday

12. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Spiller has 200 total yards and 3 TD's and we lose big.... my guess is 37-13....

13. Jjones84

Jjones84 New Member

Seahawks fan here. Not here to troll. I actually like the jets. Wilson is going to play for sure. People with inside knowledge say the injury isn't nearly as serious as it looked. They say he doesn't even have a limp. Knee brace will be worn just for a little more support. Our line is getting a huge upgrade with ifedi coming back. This dude is for real. Other than wilson being a little banged up, Rawls is the only other player that will miss the game or is injured. It should be a good game. I must say though, a lot has been made about wilson, and you guys are pretty banged up too. Was going to be hard to score with a healthy marshall and decker, gonna be really hard with them hurt. We do have the number 1 ranked defense, even though the Broncos and vikings are getting all the love. Not really an ideal scenario for Fitz to have a bounce back game. With all of this, I honestly don't know who will win. I will just be a homer and go with the hawks, 27-14. I hope bother teams make it out healthy.

tbruner12 likes this.
  14. Jjones84

Jjones84 New Member

One problem there, Sherman can follow number one wrs, we just have two good corners on the other side. He followed Dez bryant and Antonio brown all game last year, held brown under 40 and Dez under 20 yds. Contrary to popular belief, a lot of corners follow the numbe two wr, and have number 2 corner with safety help over top on number 1 wr. Sherman is statistically the best cb in the game through three weeks. He has only allowed like 30 yds all season.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  15. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm a true homer for my team, but I believe the JETS will play well Sunday. Well enough to win, I'm still evaluating. Our offense better show some things they haven't done all year. We need Forte and Powell to combine for 200 yards somehow.
    Maybe our new TE will put up some stats. The key is our O-line. If they get push all game and we win the battle in the trenches there, we might score 24.
    On defense, same thing. They have to collapse into the backfield. When Wilson scrambles, and we know he will, a spy better be on him.
    Please Bowles, get those corners up!
    Make the game physical in every aspect, especially their receiving corp. I hope we blitz every down. Run blitz and pass blitz, all game.
    Limit the Seahawks to 20 or less.
    JETS are battling for 2-2, because
    1-3 will doom our season with the next 2 games being just as hard.
    JETS win 19-13!

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Decker and Marshall both out we are beyond fucked.

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Wait what?

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Where are you seeing this reported? Brandon Marshall just stated he feels fine and suffered no setbacks against Kansas City.

And if you're talking about Jalin Marshall, Robby Anderson is more than capable of replacing Jalin as a receiver.

19. JPete89

JPete89 New Member

B. Marshall is playing, said he is fine. On the other hand I do believe Decker will sit out.

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I saw on espn that Marshall had a torn labrum but they didnt say who lol.Decker is def out he is having an MRI on his shoulder .