Resigning Fitzpatrick was a major mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Greenday4537, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

has an NFL Qb ever thrown 7 picks in a game?

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Fitz played like a clown today but at least 12 of those INTs were in garbage time

3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

We all know that the contract will keep Fitz starting for at least another 10 weeks.

What should happen is that Geno should be given a shot. See what he can do in a different offense with better weapons (at least 6 -8 games ) to evaluate him to see if he is worth a short term contract to compete with Petty/Hack, if he really looks like shit then you move on to Petty to close out the season and get him ready for the job next year.

richieC, DoubleDecker87 and Cman68 like this.
  4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

But we were never really out of it until he threw the pick 6.
    The 2 in the end zone were inexcusable.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Agreed. I think Fitz's contract makes him bulletproof unless he has another day like today.

richieC likes this.
  6. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

They should give him his 12 mil in gold bars in a suitcase and push him off a bridge.

Hot garbage doesn't begin to describe it. Same shit year after year with this guy.

Like they've been saying, if you want so interceptions at least go with the younger guy so he can learn, rather than the old stubborn dog who will NEVER learn and has had 12 years to do do and failed

Ghost50 likes this.
  7. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Amen bro... what a disaster. I thought I was watching a Rex Rayn Team QB play.... disgusted by our so called "cerebral" QB who is anything but....

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes. 6 QB's have throw 7 INT's. A bunch have thrown 6 INT's including Joe Namath, Vinny Testaverde, Tom Tupa and now Ryan Fitzpatrick.

rammagen likes this.
  9. zace

zace Well-Known Member

How do you know it would be worse? Youre just assuming that somehow Geno would be, thats not necessarily the case. He may have won by 20 or lost by 10. We dont know. That's such a fallacy to assume anything else. What we do know is your boy is bad and was bad today. Stop trying to scapegoat it. Hes not good. I got vilified because i said he made bad throws last week and for away with em. He didn't this week.

He got an inflated sense because he got away with it last season and thos interceptable passes didnt amount to much. Well this is what happens when theyre caught and you woulda saw it last had the defenses caught his passes.

I said it before and ill say it again. There was no qb controversy this offseason, so you get to examine Fitz for who he is. Youre seeing it.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

10. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

hahaha dude did you loose money on the game? How could be worse he could have started the game going 3 for 3 to the other team Geno did that? Try to hand the ball off behind is back he did that too. A lose is a lose, seriously it sucks, he sucked today but teams that constantly win have a few things in common they don't change coaches every 3 yrs they have a franchise qb and a stable front office right now all you can say is we have a stable front office and young good coach that should be here a few yrs.
    Again if you think this team was going to aa super bowl with Geno or Fitz you must be high. Fitz is the best of a bad qb situation. you all are making it out that we have him for the next 3 yrs which is not the case. This team with all weaknesses they have is at best a 8-7 or 9-7 team. No qb on the roster is going to change that.
    But let's look at what the gm has done put together a decent not great oline. drafted two qbs hopefully one pans out, hired a decent coach who is at least stable in his personality.
    But go ahead scream and kick and say he sucked I agree with Fitz sucked, but what does it say that they did not bench him when they should have? That is how much faith they have in Geno.

11. BuzzKillington

Peyton Manning threw six INTs in a game and he turned out just fine.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. BuzzKillington

Geno would have thrown 10 picks. And fumbled four times.

13. rammagen

How do you know it wouldn't you all seem to know so much? And I agree fitz is who he is no argument there. You honestly can not tell I am agreeing with you to a point can you? And there is not a qb issue this off season if Petty or Hack can step forward all the better. I am agreeing with you but for all the suck he is he still represents the best chance this team has to win untill he is injured or off the roster with the current qbs on the team until Petty or Hack steps up.
    And there was no qb controversy this offseason because everyone knew that Fitz would sign here, geno was barely able to hold the back up job because second yr player was injured in the pre-seaon. it was not like he outperformed Petty.

14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Sorry i sounded a little testy. Some qbs take longer than others we both know that. I think you gotta play the younger guys, the coaching staff has to recognize that they're not going anywhere like this.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

15. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

That is 650 pounds (!!) of gold, which is both funny and a sad reflection on how much this guy is actually making.

But yeah, this guy had 2 INTs and a fumble in a 41-14 loss in the same stadium a few years back and turned out fine. Probably can't overreact to a single game...

16. rammagen

yeah and they all ended up cut? lol seriously Fitz sucked today he is who is until we find a franchise qb this is what we will live with. The closest we have had is Chad P.....That is the sad part

Red Menace likes this.
  17. rammagen

I agree I would have rolled with Petty at number two if was not hurt and in game like this throw him in not so he would be beaten but to learn the game.

18. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

I've confused to those who say Petty or Geno didn't beat out Fitz? They were never given the opportunity. Last year Geno DID beat out Fitz as it has been said by EVERYBODY within the team Fitzpatrick looked horrible last training camp. (Fitz admitted this himself) If not for the two morons arguing about a plane ticket he wouldn't have started last year which he played well enough not to "lose" his job.

There was no competition this summer and personally when you go 10-6 and pay a guy 12 million there shouldn't be. It shouldn't, however, keep him from getting benched. After all, there's a reason 31 other teams had NO interest in signing him.

King Koopa likes this.
  19. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

I'm willing to bet most of those qbs showed some sort of growth and weren't doing it regularly 12 years into their career

DoubleDecker87 and Red Menace like this.
  20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Wasn't that his rookie year? Unless Fitpatrick is Benjamin Button, it's just not an excuse.