Week 3: New York Jets @ Kansas City Chiefs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 16, 2016.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

One? He got burned twice in two games by two diffrent players and he literally got burned in every sense of the word.

#81 LongIslandBlitz, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's like zace is being compensated to protect the sacred Revis testes.

I loved the way the guy played during his amazing early years, but the fact is that he doesn't play that way now and it just can't be explained away by him being victimized by three consecutive coaches.

He's trying to change his game to maximize HOF stats and it was obvious last season and even moreso now.

If he played the way he played in 2009, that stick-man Goodwin would have made it 10 yards by the time Taylor was sacked.

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

I am getting a whiff of overconfidence on this thread.........KC will have charles back and is more opportunistic on D so the jets have to execute a better game than last thursday.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

so you're saying it's a trap game?

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Every game is a trap game and also a must-win.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Hard to say game #3 is a trap but the chiefs are every bit as talented as the jets, maybe more.....on the road in KC with charles coming back is gonna have that place frantic. IMO a tougher game than the bills. The jets did open some eyes on thursday, but they will open EVERYONES eyes if they beat the chiefs in KC on sunday.

FJF likes this.
  7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Seahawks have put up 15 points in 2 games there offense isnt the same without Lynch ....there one dimensonal now and cant do shit.This is why I dont worry about the schedule until the week of the game.KC isnt gonna be easy but what games are .,.We cant play the Browns,Titans,Jaguars and Dolphins every week if we did we would be 16-0 though.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  8. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I doubt it. We'd find a way to go 9-7.

As for the Chiefs, they are going to take some shots deep - they have too considering that we've given up more long pass plays than any other D. I just don't see that being a good fit for them though as Smith is not a deep passer. I see Charles having a limited role as they won't want to rush him into 20+ touches. They will probably have some luck with the dink and dunk stuff to keep our DLine from disrupting things and they will cycle West, Ware and Charles in, but overall, I like our chances so long as our D can get off the field.

On O, I think we match up well against them, especially without Houston. They aren't the same team they were last year. Assuming they are all healthy, our 3 headed monster at WR is tough to scheme against. Fitz should be able to read where they are rolling coverage at the LOS and exploit the 1v1. I'd like to see Powell more involved as Forte is going to get dinged up in a hurry with all of those touches. Jets 24-19.

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Except last game because the season was already over

10. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I wasn't that optimistic a few weeks ago but I really think there's a decent chance we can win the next 2 games

Seattle and Kansas City seem to be underwhelming at the moment and the Jets just look like the better team than both at this point in the season. Splitting these next 2 games at worst IMO

Charles shouldn't be much of a factor as he isn't going to go from not playing to getting a bunch of touches and going wild against a good defense. Seattle's offense has been horrendous overall too

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Despite Seattle's offensive struggles thus far I'd much rather play K.C on the road and Seattle at home when compared to playing K.C at home and the Seahawks on the road in Seattle.

Nonetheless I like our chances against both of these teams as long as Fitzpatrick can play up to his capabilities.

12. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Got an early line of KC -3, fwiw

Home field is worth three in Vegas. So they're not really a heavy favorite by any means considering where the game is.

Historically KC was as tough a place to play as anywhere in the NFL. Not so much more recently

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

I agree they aren't considered as heavy favorites but I do disagree that Arrowhead Stadium hasn't been a strong home field advantage for K.C as of late.

They went 5-3 at home (2013). 6-2 at home (2014). 6-2 at home (2015) and also 1-0 at home this year (2016).

Dating back to 2013 they've gone 18-7 dating back to 2013 within Arrowhead Stadium (72%).

14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Okay I wasn't really up on the numbers. But there was time it was really a hard to get a game there, like impossible. But I'm prolly going back too far.
    So it's still a solid home field advantage, but it's not as bad as it was at one time. And even with your numbers it shows they can be beat there, which is my point I guess.

I'll be interested in seeing if the line moves too

#94 Walt White, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Obviously I'd rather have both but if you are gonna split this KC/Seattle stretch I'd rather have this KC game.
    Last year the Jets were burned because they lost too many conference games - particularly on the road. They got 10 days to rest up for this one. Go out there and find a way. Then you can come home 2-1, playing with some house money against a west coast team making the dreaded cross country 1PM EST game. Who knows what happens then

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

As reported I never expected us to go undefeated the first 6 contests..

Heres a tough opponent on the road with playoff aspiration much like Cincy

Very tough game which will go 3 points either way,,,hopefully for the Jets

17. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I was also a little frightened by our schedule to start but I think we can beat both KC and Seattle. I don't think we will win both but I think we can split them at least.

18. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

If we start 3-3 I can easily imagine us getting to 10-6 and if things break right I don't see 11-5 as out of the question. Starting .500 is difficult in its own right, though, and it probably entails winning both of these next 2 games which is possible but not as easy as some here are making it out to be. Winnable games but against good teams.

19. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Seattle looks awful right now. If you are going to win 1 of the next 2, I'd bet Seattle is the easier game. They are also coming east to a home team. They haven't yet found a running game, a passing game, and their D looks suspect. They are not the Seattle of years past. If the Jets don't completely implode vs. KC and Seattle still looks the same, I'm picking them at home to beat the Seahawks.

20. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

He won't be playing. I think he's out for the first six games