Week 3: New York Jets @ Kansas City Chiefs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Didn't see anything that scared me today.

2. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Better for us that Chiefs lost today?

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Pretty sure half the board would-be on suicide watch if the jets played the first two games the chiefs did. But since it's not the jets we need to assume they're a powerhouse.

All Gas No Shake, Lon Chaney and zace like this.
  4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

They dont frighten me at all. As long as theres no blown coverage, i dont expect them to score much.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

One thing I've liked about Fitz's first two games is he hasn't been given a clean pocket with lots of time. Even though our o-line has played better than expected, over the first two games Fitz has been harassed, hit as he throws, etc, but still leads the league in passing yards.

If Fitz had a clean pocket we'd all be saying "just wait til he plays so and so", but he's already been playing under duress, especially the first game, and has done well.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Again, my only concern is our lack of finishing experience. KC just hangs around and hangs around. They kinda sneak up the scoreboard and the next thing you know, you're in a 1 score game. Bowles had better not let up or the Chefs will beat us. And I'll have to listen to my inlaws talk shit until doomsday..

Lon Chaney and TNJet like this.
  7. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Revis says hi.

Footballgod214 and Jets69 like this.
  8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Oh geez he had one get buy him and you some of you guys act like hes so terrible. Like williams didnt blow way more assignments

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'd say so although it could go either way.

A win today and they could've had some momentum heading back home at 2-0 overall. However after a loss they could become desperate & hungry for a win come next Sunday.

Only time will tell but Alex Smith and that Chiefs offense doesn't scare me whatsoever. Alex Smith was the definition of mediocre against Houston's defense while being sacked 4 times along with 2 fumbles.

Like Dalton & unlike Taylor, Smith is not a mobile quarterback meaning if our defensive line pins their ears back and focuses on collapsing the pocket; Smith could end up being sacked 5+ times and in serious trouble with Wilkerson, McLendon, Williams & Richardson coming after him all day.

And good luck to Jamaal Charles returning against this Jets defensive front. They're a dominant group of players and chances are (like Bernard & McCoy) he'll be a non factor. You aren't running on these guys up front and with Darron Lee our coverage ability against HB's out of the backfield has been greatly improved.

The Chiefs do have a good defense and Arrowhead Stadium or not but I don't feel Kansas City's offense can keep up with our offense of the Jets.

It feels weird saying that. But it's true. If Fitzpatrick, Marshall, Decker, Enunwa & Forte show up the Chiefs offense wouldn't stand a chance in terms of keeping up.

I like the Jets and i like them big over K.C.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  10. Cman68

#10 returning KO's for KC might be the fastest guy in the league. That kid can flat out fly so I'm hoping they don't put him in as Wr. There's NOBODY on the Jets fast enough to stay with this kid.

11. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Seattle not looking overly daunting either. Let Miami come into their house and push them to the end and now laying an egg in LA (who didn't score last week).

NYJFOREVER and TNJet like this.
  12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Irrelevant for us. They likely plan on winning next week regardless.

You gotta love fan insecurity. As if, at 2-0, the Chiefs would have thought "hey, guys, we got a game to spare," but at 1-1 the game becomes important.

Big Cat and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets could get smoked if they don't play disciplined football on the road in a tough stadium. I agree though, every game is important, no team throws away games. If anything losing makes that team more pissed off.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The guy is deadly dangerous. In comparison, he makes our J. Marshall look like a slug.

Cman68 likes this.
  15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

We'll just put him up at Revis island, bed n breakfast, burnt toast is all that's served

tiger8mush, 74, TNJet and 2 others like this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

We can definetily give KC fits even in Arrowhead if our secondary plays like they know how and our running game is effective.

17. Cman68

No Kiddin... The kid looks almost like a Usain Bolt out there..

Might as well. We got no way of covering him. Good thing he's so damn fast that Alex Smith doesn't have the arm to hit him in stride. Gentlemen, this kid is a blur. I'm not making this up at all..

Jets69 and TNJet like this.
  18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The next three weeks don't seem so daunting at all between the Chiefs and Seahawks. And, dammit, if the Pats can beat the Cardinals with a backup why can't we?

NotSatoshiNakamoto and TNJet like this.
  19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Add in the Ravens game. They are (2-0) but look pretty bad to me. The Steelers at Pittsburgh will not be easy, nor will the Cardinals at Arizona, but I agree all of those games are winnable. Even the Steelers. Having said that, they are all games the Jets could lose with key turnovers or mistakes. They can get out of this tough first 7 at (4-3). If so, they will be in business for the rest of the season. Anything better would be gravy.

JetBlue likes this.
  20. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

I think the Seahawks are ass. Barely beat Miami and put up nothing against the Rams. Even if they are good, they never start the season strong so having them at the beginning is good.

Ravens are pedestrian as well. KC doesn't look scary, I think we beat them.

If we can steal one from Pitt we might be able to be 6-1 in conference play going into the bye. If we can do that, we have the Pats twice, Indy, Miami and Buffalo to close out the year. Not convinced we'll be able to win the division with the Pats coming out strong without Brady, so these conference games are going to be important with Pittsburgh and Cincinnati being strong teams again (with us already dropping a potential tie-breaker to Cinci).