Week 3: New York Jets @ Kansas City Chiefs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Sitting at 1-1 with 10 days to prepare. If we win, we will be 2-1 and things will be looking really up. Tough task but we should be able to do it. I don't know how Vegas will determine the line but I see this game as pick em. Chiefs aren't heavy favorites or anything.

Alex Smith isn't as mobile as Tyrod so I expect our D Line sack him a few times and creating turnover opportunities.

Andy Reid is a concern for me. He is a very good coach and I don't remember Jets winning against him in the past. I hope this year will be different and we win.

Let's go Jets. Bring home the win.

Royal Tee and tiger8mush like this.
  2. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

It's going to be a tough game on the road. But the Jets are capable of beating the Chiefs. San Diego should have won last week. Same formula as we used against the Bills would be ideal, although TOP probably won't be as in favor of us as it was last night.

Good balance of run/pass and maybe ease up on Forte a little bit.

3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

A win in KC would have the crowd ROCKING Week 4 against Seattle, but that's jumping the gun way too early.

Need to be able to take down Mr. Checkdown Alex Smith like they did Dalton. Not saying 7 sacks, but a better job than against Tyrod. And while they did contain him all things considered, he had plenty of time on some downs to make a play.

Playing in Arrowhead is no joke, but I'm hoping Houston can take care of business on Sunday. The Chargers blew that game Week 1, KC should have lost.

4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

It helps that KC will have a physical battle in Houston on sunday and we will have a few days extra rest on them

They're not a scary team but they're a good team all around...especially at home

They play a lot of close games so it will come down to not making mistakes if we want to win

GreenfiendNYJ and Freddy Mondo like this.
  5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Hoping Revis has safety help vs Maclin. I'm confident the front can stop Ware and even Charles if he is due to play.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Chiefs are similar to the Bengals, as in that they match-up pretty evenly with the Jets. Arrowhead crowd gives them an edge. They are completely beatable, just like the Bengals, but it is not an easy task. The Jets will need to play their most complete and mistake-free game of the year to win. They are up to the challenge, but just have to execute it on the field. I'll be watching that Chiefs-Texans game Sunday.

onefanjet, MenOverGod and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

The question is can the defense limit big plays ... I think we've got enough offensively to get things done

8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

That's what I worry about. Fitz is prone to the occasional INT. He's not afraid to take chances where as Alex Smith is the king of the check down. He doesn't take a ton of chances. We need Fitz to be on top of his game again or we'll lose a close game.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Alex Smith loves to check down to his HB's. On a positive note our defense here in 2016 has improved upon last year in terms of opposing HB's coming out of the backfield.

And if Kansas City plans on returning Jamal Charles vs these Jets, good luck to them because you aren't running the football with success against this Jets defense; not against this dominant defensive line you aren't.

Arrowhead Stadium is never easy but our defense matches up perfectly against an Alex Smith led offense. Jets Offense scores anything over 24 and we're 2-1 heading into our week 4 matchup (at home) vs. Seattle.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Defense will need to step up this game, can't get into a shoot-out in KC. Darron Lee will need to continue his steady play, as the defense takes on Alex Smith. Henderson is in a walking boot. Limit the TOs, make a special team play and this game is absolutely winnable.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Enter Darron Lee and/or Pryor. Need speed getting to Ware/Charles before they get free.

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Stop the run and Keep them in 3rd and longs all day and we should be alright. Any word on Justin Houston ?

13. ctjetsguy

ctjetsguy Active Member

Personally, I don't want to use the term "must win", but I think we need to come out of KC with a win Sunday given what's on the horizon. I think this game is winnable given the extra preparation time and the fact we match up well, IMO, with the Chiefs. A W here would go a long way as far as our AFC record and potential tiebreakers with KC down the road (never too early to take into consideration). Like other posters have said, we need to play a clean game here if we're going to escape Arrowhead with a win. This is the type of game that a W could give us some serious momentum going forward

14. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Here's my favorite part about this matchup:

The Jets haven't been allowing systematic drives but have been susceptible to the big play. Alex Smith offenses don't usually convert explosive plays.

15. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

No one scares me more on KC than Kelce. Dude is a machine type TE that could give us serious trouble in 20+ yard passes right down the middle.

We need our defense to have a dominate game and get KC's crowd out of it early. If we can continue to have these fast starts on offense with long drives I think we will walk out of arrowhead with a W.

16. BuzzKillington

Not that it matters, but the Chiefs will be at least a 3 point favorite at home vs the Jets. Probably more like 4-5.

17. ctjetsguy

ctjetsguy Active Member

Agreed on all accounts. We talked all offseason about improving our pass defense against TEs, let's see is Lee/Carter/Allen and the other additions in our back 7 can make a difference. With Eifert out game 1 this is our first real test in that regard

18. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Don't get killed deep (will the real Revis please stand up?). Don't play soft and let Smith dink/dunk/TE us to death. Don't play too conservative offensively, though their secondary isn't hot garbage like the Bills.

Let's not go into that Seattle game 1-2; anything can happen but this one is much more winnable. No reason we can't hit the bye at a minimum of 6-4.

19. rikj99

rikj99 Member

Well Said, the Chiefs don't do big pass plays, that is right into our guys hands defensively and to be honest on any given day this O is as good as any in the league and will not be concerned too much by the KC D. 2-1.

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Let's see how KC looks on Sunday first.