Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by microscopes, Sep 11, 2016.

1. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

This is my thought. No more islands, regardless of the receiver he's matched up against. Let him be more physical up at the line, and give him safety help. If he can slow receivers from getting into their routes, he might be able to buy the DLine enough time to get to the QB.

Cman68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. richieC

richieC Active Member

Jets have a lot of money tied up in Revis. Make the best of it. He is still a solid tackler and football smart. Let's stop with the Cut Revis remarks. He is here to stay till his contract is up.

3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

"Great tackler" is definitely a stretch. His tackling last night was pathetic. That last touchdown is on Revis too, bc of his hesitation to make a tackle. Revis is not playing like the Revis we know....its a major concern for the secondary & Jets defense. Through 2 games he doesn't deserve the money he is being paid.

It is a small sample size, but at this pace Revis should be cut in the off season.

4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

For all those complaining about the touchdown last night, it was zone coverage. He was not on Goodwin 1 on 1.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

5. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Not sure what game you're watching but zone or not, that was Revis man and he got scorched. There was no safety help to pass it off to there. No need for the excuses....

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

7. 94Abraham

The sad thing is, Woods is their number 2 so Revis essentially got burnt by their number 3 WR. It keels getting worse every week for the old man. At least KC doesn't have any speed burners.

8. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Revis definitely did pull up on that last Gilleslie (spelling?) TD on the tackle. Revis AND another defender (don't have that name/number) then Gilchrist comes in and cleans him up, but it was too late.

Disappointing effort there

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

how does that point even matter though? It was 3rd and 12 so I am assuming it was cover 3 zone. The CB still has deep 3rds in that defense. Which means he wouldn't be expecting safety help in his 3rd and just got toasted.

Also there wasn't an underneath reciever anywhere in his 3rd so he wouldn't be worried about anything underneath. especially on 3rd and 12.

since most zone coverage on 3rd and long is cover 3 and Buffalo was trying to exploit Revis' speed they send Goodwin out wide with Revis. It doesn't matter to them if he's man or zone because Revis would have to run with him either way. He couldn't.

#169 BrowningNagle, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Just saw the replay on nfl.com, it was Revis and Lee who stand around and let Gillepsie run between

11. zace

zace Well-Known Member

It makes a world of difference. Youre not trying to stay with a guy step for step because you have more responsibility than just running. Goodwin is fast and would outrun any cb in this league. After that i didnt see Revis get beat.

I still think he's hurt or not in game shape tho. He just like like he's not in it 100 percent.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You may be right
    Hopefully, whatever is bothering Revis will get straightened out (be it his wrist that's preventing him from pressing receivers at the LOS or Bowles is having him not press, or lack of confidence) in the next week or two. If not, then Bowles will hopefully realize that he needs to either move Revis to the other team's #2 WR or give him deep safety help. If he can get straightened out and play anywhere near as he has in the past, then he should stay. If not, then the Jets can gain $7,333,333 in cap space by cutting him following this season and should imo.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Huh? What other responsibility? Maybe I'm just ignorant or missing something here, but if there was no other receiver in or near his zone, then what other possibly responsibility would he have except to cover the receiver who's in his zone?

14. 94Abraham

Quit blowing Revis so much. He was beat at least 2 other times but luckily errant passes by Taylor helped him out. Like I said before, keep pouring in the excuses.

15. 94Abraham

In before another Zace excuse saying something like it wasn't Revis's responsibility to make that tackle or something.

16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Zone means hes responsible for an area not a reciever. So he was responsible for his area and didn't give goodwin the 1 on 1 treatment. Goodwin was up to Revis quick and it looks like revis almost forgot there wasnt anyone back there. So while he has fault, i wouldnt exactly say it was because hes washed up. Thats more of a mental mistake. He only gave up 7 yards the rest of the game btw.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

actually no zace in a cover 3 his primary responsibility is to ensure he's not beaten deep.That's why its a common defense in 3rd and long.

also it was 3rd and 12, I assure you he wasn't beaten because he's worried about a running play to his side or a dump off to a non-existent reciever. He simply got toasted

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  18. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I was super disappointed in that play, the game wasn't locked up yet, and those 2 were ready to just let him walk into the end zone.

I love vintage Revis as much as the next Jets fan. Declining with age is one thing, but that no-effort play was trash. If you just want to collect that fat check each week, get the hell off the field. Show some pride and at least make a solid tackle, we all know Revis is capable of tackling, stick your nose in there and do it.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Quit being a whiney dramatic baby. He gave up yards the entire rest of the game. Geez its fans like you that make everyone look ridiculous. Revis isnt who he used to be but hes far from bad.

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yeah because nobody else has any responsibility. For this team. Every yard given up is on revis. Smh.