The Official Crap on Bowels thread is here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Sep 11, 2016.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

here is what was said:

Troll: I'll ignore the "drown him in data" post. I've posted all the data and you've posted none.

To answer your question...

Arians average offense in Pitt: #11.7 in the NFL
    Haley average offense in Pitt: #11.6 in the NFL

Arians and Haley both have the same TD % ... 5.05%
    Arians has a better INT % ... 3.4% to 2.2%

Arians record with Pitt: 55-25
    Haley record with Pitt: 39-26

Arians record in PLAYOFFS with Pitt: 7-3 and a Super Bowl win
    Arians record in PLAYOFFS with Pitt: 0-2

Sack % between the two is almost identical.

Loser that is arguing with troll:

"Todd will beat Arians in due time, and they are already breaking records. The offense now is better suited for Big Ben and his career.

Defenders sacked Big Ben on 9.47% of his drop backs or 215 times between 2007 and 2011
    In 2011, Ben Roethlisberger gave up 40 sacks on 7.8% of his drop backs. That is not because of the offensive line but because of the offense. You can't answer the question on the differences on the offense.

The Cardinals pretty much stayed the same. Can't say the same about the Steelers offense, the Jets defense is pretty much the same but we run better schematics in terms of using our players to their advantage. Just need to fix the secondary."

Sack % is not identical. Clear drop-off.

Troll:
    "Haley has been there for 4 years. How much longer do you want to give him?

You keep saying explain the difference in offense. I'm not sure what you're asking.

Every point of data shows that they're nearly identical to each other."

He did not understand that Arians offense requires the QB to hold the football longer then the Todd Haley offense which usually allows the QB to get the ball out faster, hence the lower sack %.

IDK he brought record into it considering when Arians was around, they were using Bill Cowher's drafted players. Once those players retired, the Steelers had to rebuild the defense from the ground up.

I still never got my question answered from him.

Reality is, there is no drop off from Rex to Bowles, but the schematics and the way he uses his players are far different from Rex. No real drop-off with the cardinals either considering a lot of their players were injured during Todd Bowles tenure.

The only real change was The Steelers offense, to save Big Ben's career.

Red Menace likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles went (10-6) his first year as Head Coach and now started his second season (0-1) losing to a team who was better than his team last season by 1 point. What a bum!

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  3. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

How do you do it? I used to just copy the image link and it would show up

4. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Only problem with that logic is that Bowles can't also be on the field to make he passes or catches. Fitz and Marshall, by themselves alone, were the primary reason the Jets lost. If this tandem was to at least get together on just 1 red zone play we wouldn't be reading this silly inane thread.

5. DMaynard13

DMaynard13 New Member

Can't complain about 7 sacks, but just a general comment. With Richardson back, play a 4-3. We have 4 very good d-linemen and a few question marks at LB. I can't stand head coaches who do not adapt their comfort zones to the talent.

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Copy image as always and when you hit reply to someone's post, there is a little mountain icon at the top of the person post you are responding to, next to the happy face, click on that and it will allow you to paste into the space.

It sounds a little complicated but with some practice it's easy, just one more step.

7. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Red Menace likes this.
  8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Im sure the coaching staff will completley ignore it....Coaches treat this stuff like rocket science and never do the obvious thing that might help.

9. Red Menace

Bruce in my opinion is a better coach than Hailey will ever be.

I remember the Colts fans were pushing for poor Pagano to be let go when he was dealing with his cancer issue because they saw how well the team played with Bruce at the helm.

#249 Red Menace, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  10. Red Menace

Honesty guys, I think this thread is a bit premature, if the guy was 4-12 last year and he went 6-10 this year and goes 7-9 next year then I can see your arguments.

But he did a good job last year and he did learn from his mistakes, we bashed him for chasing points in games and while it cost him 2 games last year, he is learning.

He is not chasing points, he did not miss an XP, had a FG blocked, missed open WR for TDs

TB was not the reason the jets failed to execute the plays that actually worked, players screwed up this one.

On to the Bills!

11. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I view this sight to see if someone has some inside information or perhaps has an insight that I didn't consider. Blaming the coach, saying so and so stinks or questioning the play calling on offense and defense is way beyond our ability to judge. A poor pass, a missed tackle or settling for a field goal instead of going for a touchdown can certainly be questioned. The rest is just ranting.

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Excuse me... Shouldn't this be the crap in Bowles thread?

zace likes this.
  13. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

That's because we're living in "Jets Standard Time." It works on the same calendar and clock as normal time, but in JST time is much, much more painful and therefore seems to more excruciatingly slowly. Also, time isn't always progressive in JST--in fact, it often a feels as though you take two steps forward and promptly take two steps back a lot in JST. That's why some single games can seem like half a season in JST!

Red Menace, Cman68 and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  14. Aewhistory

Let me state for the record, loud and proud, that I do NOT miss the buffoonery, the circus, the grandstanding, the false bravado, and the litany of other bullshit that Rex brought here when he coached. I'm not a huge fan of Bowles, but ill take him over Rex any day of the week. Being a Jets fan is tough enough without some loud mouthed imbecile making us all look like fools. I can do that well enough on my own, thank you very much Coach Ryan.

15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I truly don't get the Bowles hate already, I swear, a lot of Jets fans are flat out emotionally stupid.

The guy has done a lot of really good things so far, yet, ONE Fucking loss to start the season and people are already calling for him to be fired.

Do you people really not understand how stupid that makes you sound?

Just dumb. Seriously. Dumb...

16. Aewhistory

I tend to agree, but methinks it is a matter of perspective for those who dislike Bowles. The problem is in trying to figure out just what we have in this current team. For example, do we have a superstar DL and WR crew being held back by poor coaching? Or are we a team with holes that is overachieving?

If you think our roster is great (on balance) then I can see why you'd view Bowles as holding back our studs from performing as well as they could. I suppose it is the way people feel/felt about Walton in the '80s when we have a truly dominating DL but never even got to the big one.

OTOH, if you take the perspective that this team has lots of holes still and Bowles is doing his best to cover our deficits, then I think you'll be more likely to be forgiving. For me this attitude goes back to last year when everyone expected nothing from this team and all of a sudden we were showing signs of possibly contending for a playoff spot. That raised expectations a LOT. But in truth how much different is the team this year from last year? Some of our key players are older (eg- Revis, Marshall) and we are still developing a lot of our younger players. This leaves me in latter camp: I tend to think Bowles is having to work around a lot of holes and use our areas of strength to mask areas of real weakness. That doesn't mean I like his timidity, but on the whole he has done a fine enough job for now with the talent he has. My $.02

Cman68 likes this.
  17. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

revis off coverage with not help. how many times does that need to not work before bowles changes something?

guy needs to go.

legler82 and greaser like this.
  18. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Revis gets beat by a guy with 3 catches in 2 years and it's Bowles fault?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

horsehead, hornblower and TNJet like this.
  19. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

yes.

revis vs maybe the fastest guy in the league with no deep help and not up slowing him at the line.

revis cant keep up, bowles isnt adjusting.

20. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Bury the fukkking shovel pass

Bury it

Adjust on defense please

Parcels gets this team to AFCCG

Bowles is so far out of his league

I'm very very sad to say it. I really like the guy.