Resigning Fitzpatrick was a major mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Greenday4537, Sep 11, 2016.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Kurt, it was 85 and sunny, what's he going to do when its raining and windy, he missed guys left and right in perfect weather, he is what he is

2. Guys are gonna start picking him off too. You have to be able to hit targets in stride every once in awhile..otherwise defenders starting creeping up & w/ his arm? Oh boy.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

you don't sign fitz, bank $12 million and go with geno this year to see if he has what you want. you could not properly evaluate him under the rex/idzik offense. remember, he actually had the edge on fitz last year before that incident. i think a year of sitting , plus chan's offense may have benefitted him.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

were you the one saying cinci will blow us out?

5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

if my uncle was female he would be my aunt? If we have an average QB if we had an elite Qb our roster would lot different but going with your theme if we had an elite Qb with this roster we would win more than 10 games.

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Fitz is not a rookie and has played in NY, Buffalo and Cincinnati stop fing whining

Altoona likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

A 1 read offense will only get you so far.

8. jetsfan32

jetsfan32 Member

Nope - I never said that! We will be in every game with our defense. It's just a shame we don't have a better starting QB.

9. With the WR's the Jets have,the OL we have seen early on & the safety valve both Forte & Powell can be..I tend to think that it can be taken pretty far.

LAJet likes this.
  10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

WTF are you talking about. Fitz did his part to win the game and did better than anyone on our roster could have. what are you 13?

Where was Marshall he dropped a pass does he sit now for peake or baby Marshall?

Fitz is playing until we are out or he gets hurt. Guess i will have to listen to you whine all season.

PulseJet likes this.
  11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Good thing you are not on the coaching staff.

Altoona likes this.
  12. I'd take on your sorry ass old man short arm QB led team any day.

It doesn't matter who you have at the other 10 positions.pin the ears back up front..play aggressive zone w/ off-man mixed in...a well concealed blitz thrown in here n there & let the DB's eat.

13. 101GangGreen101

Teams will do everything to take away that first read, what you gonna check-down to the endzone? Absolutely not. It's not as easy as it sounds. Jets need a QB that can read the coverage prior to the snap, find the mismatch and make the throw. Those are the biggest plays, the ones that aren't the first read. I suggest you watch Derek Carr play.

How many times did Fitz or Geno throw into quadruple coverage because that 1 read wasn't open? But they threw it to them anyway hoping to make chicken out of chicken shit.

14. I understand there are many layers to playing the QB position & that Fitz is more fluent in reading coverages, setting up protections & just general game management than the other options.

I'm suggesting we take the game out of the QB's hands as much as possible given the veteran cast in place. Yes there will be instances when Geno/Bryce/whoever will have to make multiple reads..or make a play on their own..I get it. But you can't have a QB who is limited in his route tree AND is turnover prone as a result. It's just not gonna work

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't care if Fitz was only 23, I wouldn't want him extended. He's limited. He has no upside. IMO mastery of the offense, positive locker room attributes, and completion percentage at or over 60% don't make up for the fact that he can't throw the ball down the field consistently and that he chokes in the clutch. IMO Petty or Hack should be the starter next year. I don't want to see Fitz or any other JAG vet out there.

Jets69 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Because Fitz has never seen that against professional DC's I am sure you will scare the hell out him if you were coaching on the other side.

I am a realist the Jets have chosen Fitz to lead the team this year no matter how much you whine. I will route for Fitz to be successful and after taking on a top 3 AFC team and outplaying them most of the game and just barely losing I am optimistic about the rest of the season. I do not think our schedule is bad as some and think we will end up with at least 10 wins baring injury.

Week 1 in the NFL is a preseason game and the offense and defense will get better.

Altoona and PulseJet like this.
  17. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

young QBs sometimes get better. Old ones do not.

Jets69 likes this.
  18. 101GangGreen101

I'm with ya on that one. Get the ball out as quickly as possible. Fitz is as limited as limited can be, that interception was disgusting, I can't imagine how things will be when the weather gets windy and cold. This is why Hack or Petty needed a large number of reps during TC. Fitz coming in late, taking all of the reps did nothing for the Jets, you could argue it screwed the Jets. The only person that benefited from it was probably Forte, and he can catch anything.

We could've been further along. Robbie Anderson might've been involved in the offense more.

Red Menace and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

Jets won't win 10 games if they don't get out of the first 6, 3-3 or better.

cval likes this.
  20. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Last year, Fitz led the Jets to 3 come from behind wins late in the season against the Giants, Cowboys and Pats. If Thomkins makes that catch against Buffalo they come from behind and win a playoff birth.

And if Marshall makes the catch on Sunday they are 15 yards and 40 seconds away from the chance at a FG win. Fitz put the ball where it needed to be. Not a perfect throw, but we all know what Fitz is and what he isn't.

Marshall on the other hand is supposed to be elite. Why isnt the heat on him for dropping that pass? There was some incredible catches on Sunday, AJ Green, Larry Fitzgerald... but Marshall was a ghost and when the Jets needed him to make a play he dropped a pass that he would have caught 9 times out of 10.

But Fitz is the guy who choked? Give me a break...

ajax, Ralebird, NYJetsO12 and 3 others like this.