Week 2: New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills (TNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Sep 11, 2016.

1. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I'm not one to say a week 2 game is a "MUST WIN" but considering how tough the schedule is after the bills game and that where already 0-1. It kinda is a must win... Bills play us tough but where a better team and hopefully we can execute unlike yesterday and get the win and move on from there.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It is not a "Must-Win" as far as records go or as far as playoff hopes go technically. However, you can't go (0-2) in the Conference to start the season and feel good about your chances. Not to mention I feel the Bills are worse than last year and I felt the Jets should have beat them twice then. So for many reasons, a win on Thursday is important to the team. A loss would not kill them, but a win will send them down a much more positive path.

HardHitta likes this.
  3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Meh - Arizona just lost to the Pats JV squad at home, Seattle needed a last minute drive to beat Miami at home and the Chiefs needed a crazy 4th quarter comeback +OT to beat an average chargers team traveling across the country.

Despite losing yesterday I thought the Jets showed a lot of positive things, enough to think they can beat any team in this league.

Those teams are going to have to work to beat the Jets. No team is an obvious loss for us this year, IMO. That's assuming our kicker isn't going to fuck up every week.

#63 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Beating us doesn't make them a good team. We lost to plenty of shitty teams last year.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If the Jets play like they did vs Cinci they are going to smash Buffalo. They made a few critical mistakes and didn't capitalize when necessary. The Jills are no where near as good as Cinci is.

Freddy Mondo and hornblower like this.
  6. microscopes

microscopes Member

Bills 22, Jets 17
    Bills 43, Jets 23
    Bills 38, Jets 3
    Bills 22, Jets 17
    Bills 37, Jets 14
    Jets 27, Bills 20

>> Bills are 5-1 against the Jets in the last 3 seasons.

>>> The Bills have outscored the Jets 183 to 101 in that timespan (close to double)

>>>> Rex Ryan is 8-2 against Ryan Fitzpatrick and Fitz averages 47% passing against Ryan defenses

So forgive me if I don't expect the Jets to give the Bills an asswhoopin.

I'll believe it when I see it.

cbman13, Jets69 and Newyawka like this.
  7. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

They gotta cover better or they aren't going to smash anyone.

8. microscopes

microscopes Member

The Bills lost a nailbiter to Cinci last year with a backup QB playing (manuel i think?) and Sammy Watkins out.

9. dawinner127

Nailbiter? Cinci was up 34-14 with under 7 mins left before Buffalo scored. Watkins also caught a touchdown that game. But that was last year. Buffalo is decimated on defense right now. Throw in that Watkins won't be 100% and that they could barely move the ball vs a terrible Ravens Defense? If they play like they did vs Cinci the Jets win by 10+

10. microscopes

microscopes Member

Buffalo had the ball at midfield, down 7 points, with 40 seconds left.

Yeah, I would call that a nailbiter.

And I was right. Backup QB was playing.

>> PS, Buffalo is 8th in defense after 1 week. Jets are 21st.

11. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Jets color rush uniform is all white including white facemasks. Cool.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. dawinner127

What game are you talking about? http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=400791627

13. microscopes

microscopes Member

Hmm.

Maybe I was thinking of a game from a previous year?

Either way, Buffalo owns the Jets recently.

And more importantly Rex owns Fitzpatrick which should be even more worrisome (2-8).

14. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Concerning that Jordan Jenkins still DNP. Was hoping to see him in there Thursday.

Need more Burris too.

15. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Spin it however you want....We aren't going to be favorites, or expected to win until week 7 against the Ravens at home (which is a tough game too fwiw)

I agree the Jets are still dangerous and there were some positives but this is a huge game for us in that things can really spiral out of control quickly if we don't start off 1-1

It's not literally a "must win" but we better fuckin' win

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It is for Bowels.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  17. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

This is a good way to look at it, Honestly I would have viewed miami, SD and OL/RB/Gronk/Bradyless patriots team as easier wins and they basically almost beat or beat the teams I would consider as hard wins or easy losses (sea/ari/kc)

if it was one game where the better team played poorly it could just be a one off but it happening with all three means it might not be a coincidence.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Thank God! I was gonna have to turn my color off and watch the game in b/w if they were gonna go Green/Red again. Last time it was brutal. I guess this is for the colorblind viewers.

Big Cat likes this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

how so?

20. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

As an update to my post about it being a turning point type situation for bowles he tears up the media in a press conference. this IMO is an awesome sign as it shows the loss pissed him off as much as it pissed us off and he means business.

some quotes:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Does he have any big-picture concerns about his secondary?

"No, I don't," Bowles said.

When asked how Revis played Sunday, as WR AJ Green torched him, Bowles shut down.

"I think I told you: We've moved on to Buffalo," he said. "I don't have time to go over this. We went over it in the coaching staff meeting, and we went over every play. We don't have time to talk about it now. I've moved on. They've moved on."

It was pointed out to Bowles that he had this time allotted for his press conference anyway, so he was going to be speaking to reporters regardless.

"That's true, so I'm not going to talk about it," he said. "So unless you have Buffalo questions, I ain't going to be here long."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

ironically reminds me of the "on to Cincinnati speech"

NYJetsO12 and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.