Resigning Fitzpatrick was a major mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Greenday4537, Sep 11, 2016.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Fitz didnt look good at all. He had about 6 or so throws. Thats it. Hes not a mediocre qb hes a below average qb. He wants to be a gunslinger with a popgun.

Last year there was a who shluld start debate. Whether anyone likes Fitz or not we accept him as the starter, so now people are gonna actually look at his play. No Geno comparisons, just him. He is gonna be seen for what he is.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

xoMYSTiCxo, Red Menace and Jets69 like this.
  2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

After today Fitzpatrick with the Jets is 9-0 when the opponent scores 20 points or less, 1-7 when they break 20 points. Just saying.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks Fitz is the reason we lost today deserves Hackenburg as their starting QB. Or Geno Smith.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

his whole career he is around 6-50 i think when opposing team scores 21+.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

It was a team loss, he certainly didn't look good at all, so don't even go there

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

6. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

We need Geno....
    [​IMG]

ajax and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

And anyine who doesn't think Fitz is one of the primary reasons we list today deserves him as their QB, who has never been to the playoffs.

8. BuzzKillington

If Geno had any ability at all, Macc wouldn't have been forced to give this bum $12 million.

Red Menace likes this.
  9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Fitzpatrick sucked all game but the one really good meaningful pass he threw Marshall dropped..he was probably looking behind him for it, or over is head or in the dirt.

Royal Tee likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That holdout aka: money grab may have hurt this team more than letting Fitz watch TV this year. I was not impressed at all today with Fitz and that late pick just solidified what we thought Fitz was. This is Fitz taking up where he left off last year in the Bills game. Sadly, Chan didn't do us any favors either going super conservative when he should have shown some imagination.

Royal Tee, Freddy Mondo and zace like this.
  11. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks Geno wouldn't be worse deserves him as their QB.

FlaJet likes this.
  12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'll tell you, if Buffalo beats us again, the third time in a row by Ryan and the third time in a row Bowels is clueless I bench Fitzpatrick immediately anbd bring in Petty for at least three games to see what he can do, fuck Geno he is gone after this year anyway, they won't bring him back and he won't want to come back.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  13. Cman68

On a short week, I would be shocked if the Jets win on Thursday. Fitz will lock on Marshal and play just good enough to lose a big game. Revis and the secondary will be victimized again and the only two units to show up and play will be the DLine and ST's. Amazing turn around on ST's. From shit to sugar in one year. Impressive to say the least. I'd like to see more Marshall and the debut of Anderson and Peake.

14. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

We lost for a few reasons. But Harvard not being able to make big plays is one of them. I hope Petty and Hackenberg are studying the playbook.

VegasMav likes this.
  15. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I never wanted FitzTragic back...he played just like the last game of last season...with an INT. He's not the best option for this team. He can't throw a deep ball and is truly undermining our WRs.

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  16. Cman68

he ain't making it this year either.. Good thing his money grab worked this year cause his big paydays are most likely behind him.

17. Thewatchfuleye

Thewatchfuleye Active Member

The coaching staff has to be aware of what Fitz can and can't do and how he will react. He's prone to taking chances in these situations. He makes riskier throws to secondary targets. He does it all the time when they're short on time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it ends in an int.

Knowing this though they set up for it and kick a field goal instead of going for it and only end up up by two. While you can argue take the points they were moving fairly well on the ground Bengals had all the time in the world to get into field goal range. Maybe if you have more timeouts it's one thing.

Dropped balls are another situation. NFL caliber receivers should be catching some of these passes.

So while Fitz is a marginal QB that's who they have the coaching staff has to adjust the game for it and know how he is. He's been around the league long enough they should know it.

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Fitz isnt even remotley close to the reason we lost today you guys are crazy.Folk ,Gailey and the Secondary take all the blame

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I have a stronger arm than Fitz. I don't think Fitz can throw more than a 40 yard floater.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Hes part of the reason. Definitely not the sole reason. 19 of 35 for 189 yards is not good