We can all do LESS

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by dmw, Sep 9, 2016.

1. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Unless I'm missing something, the NFL is doing nothing about players not standing during the national anthem. The NFL also knowingly allowed Beyonce to perform her anti-cop routine during the Superbowl. This is anti-social behavior. This is behavior that threatens a peaceful social order and is not appropriate for a sporting event and is certainly not appropriate during a time set aside to show our respect to our nation and its values. Take your grievances somewhere else.

So it's time for us do be less involved in the NFL since they seem to support this type of behavior. We can all do less. Watch less, purchase less and even go to the extreme of cancelling our ESPN bundles. Cable money is the oxygen of the NFL. There is a whole world of activities out there that don't involve the NFL. We'll all be better off.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Can't believe no one thought of this. That's how bulletproof of a plan this is.

westiedog1 likes this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You can do all that as it is your right just like it is anyone's right to protest how they choose. Did you know that many of these protests were going on before the news got a hold of them? It seems it is only now that people are getting bent because the news is telling them to. I don't agree at all with Kaepernick or any of the others but because we live in America I realize it is their right to do so.

Edit: I will also add that this has been discussed for at least 2 weeks now in The Kaepernick thread.

Ralebird, westiedog1 and FlaJet like this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Speak for yourself moron. Jets football this Sunday yessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Great post. As a veteran who's family members also proudly served. (Have two nephews in Afghanistan) I am also against these type of protest. Love this country but I do realize there are still way too many unjust things going on.
    Anyway we have a game Sunday and right now my Jets take center stage. LGJ

The Waterboy likes this.
  8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

The revolution will not be televised.

TNJet and Dierking like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The OP is so concerned with what's appropriate that he posts a political rant in the Jets forum. Which is inappropriate. Go figure.

Cman68 likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Off to the BS forum !

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Are you fucking kidding me? I'm gonna watch the shit out of football all year long. Don't be so soft.

Peaceful protests like Kaepernick's are 1,000,000x better than rallies in the streets provoking police and law officials and bringing in riot units to combat them and further making the police and government look bad. His movement is starting to catch on (Brandon Marshall of the Broncos knelt yesterday). If something good can come out of it and better race relations between communities with a large number of minorities and police officers, then he's doing some good.

America laughs in your face at the thought of spending less money and time on football though.

12. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

I'm glad CMan moved this without closing it. The OP poster has a right to voice his opinions, but in the correct forum, just as CK has the same right whether or not you agree. That said, Just as the OP used the wrong forum, I would suggest that CK is as well. When he appears on television as a member of a nationally televised football team he is an EMPLOYEE and the spectators are his CUSTOMERS. So he is choosing the stage for his message, at least in part, not on his own time, but on his employers time and forcing his customers to watch. Very few professions could get away with that and maintain their employment. For me that is a privileged position. So while I completely support his right so say what he wants on his own time, and to donate his money, effort, etc to causes of his choosing, I don't think professional athletes should be a special class of person. If a common worker were to go into their job and do this they would either be let go or have done serious, permanent harm to their future career (probably both).

13. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

"America laughs in your face at the thought of spending less money and time on football though."
    You're probably right about this. Personally, I've cut down my sports watching time to almost nothing. It's not as a protest, but as an effort to spend my time and money more wisely. The Superbowl disgusted me. The ads were condescending. The half-time show was anti-social. Unless it's the Jets, I probably won't watch anymore.

Red Menace likes this.
  14. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Well, if the news hadn't told us about it... how would we have known?

I haven't seen the before game anthem broadcast in years. Maybe it's just direct TV who edits it. No one is batching about that.

Also, I don't care if they stand, sit or shit bricks. Leave me alone, I'll leave you alone.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

sick of this whole stupid story.

Football please.

16. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree. It was the wrong forum. This is appropriate.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Well then it is on the owner to decide if he will let the behavior continue. The employer may have a hard time if they got rid of Kaepernick just for that reason but they have already said they support the players right to participate in the national anthem or not.
    As always, what you can get away with at work generally boils down to your worth to the company. If Kaepernick still has enough worth to the 49ers then he will still have a job.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

My boss does not think its possible for me to do less

TNJet, Aewhistory, Red Menace and 2 others like this.
  20. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Does anyone like the fact that these people can protest? There are countries who wouldn't let you have a passing thought about Anti Establishment/Police/Govt.

Hate what they stand for but support they're right to protest