Karlos Williams...RB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Run_N_gun10, Aug 21, 2016.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Yep the change has to come from Williams himself.

true enough, this could be his wake up call.
    As others have mentioned, i guess it would be low risk to give him a look.

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I was in the minority saying we should sign him. Looks like the FO was thinking what I was thinking. Please sign!

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

According to Brian Bassett's tweet he's visiting today.

Not sure if this was mentioned

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Sounds like a fact if your players are getting suspended and failing drug tests left and right. Where is the accountability?

5. 101GangGreen101

IK hasn't done anything in this league to even warrant any discussion, Incognito is the only one I can think of where a player got a 2nd chance and it worked out. Remember Holmes? How did that work out? We gave him a 2nd chance and he took a shit on the Jets in 2011. In order for Williams to change, obviously he must first accept he has an issue, getting cut can easily be a moment of clarity as he reflects on his decisions. But it helps to have strong veterans and strong young veterans in the locker room as well. Keep an eye out on the Josh Gordon situation, I think Hue Jackson will really help him. I am not saying Williams is the next big thing, but the Jets could easily bring in him see what he can do and if it doesn't work it doesn't work.

McCoy is not a leader, look at what he's done, look at how he acts to his former coaches, is that truly a leader? Dareus is the best player on that team, where is he now? Rehab. Who else do the Bills have? I wouldn't be surprised if things blow up in Rex's face again this season.

macbk likes this.
  6. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Karlos Williams got suspended and cut. Dareus got suspended and sent to rehab.

Sheldon Richardson suspended and so was Enunwa recently. I guess you have "no veteran leadership" also then huh?

Buffalo cut their guy and sent the other to rehab. No discipline on the jets front. Looks like there's more accountability in Buffalo than in New Jersey.

7. BacktoQueens

IK was a locker room issue, and no longer is, so yes he does qualify in the discussion.
    Same thing with Incognito.

McCoy is absolutely a leader.
    He had issues with Kelly, but not with his previous coaches or Rex.
    The Bills have plenty of leaders and talented young players, so i don't think you have a point there at all. That's not the issue with Williams.
    ....and what exactly 'blew up in Rex face' last year? I kept hearing on this forum signing those types of players would blow up on him, but it never did.

If you thought Gregory was worth a shot, and have confidence in Josh Gordon, i guess we aren't going to agree on this issue.
    Holmes is a good point on this, which is why i don't want guys like him on my team. some guys you just can't reach.
    I will agree that any change has to come from Williams, and that it's possible this could be a wake up call for him. just not holding my breath on that based on all these red flags.

8. 101GangGreen101

Jets had to clean up their act and I think they did. Enunwa was suspended for something he did in 2014. So that is two incidents in the last 3 seasons? You must really be reaching. Meanwhile, you've had issues ever since Rex got there, from Mario Williams running his mouth, your issues this off-season including the controversy around Lawson’s shoulder surgery. McCoy didn't have a clean off-season either. Every-time I heard about the Bills this off-season it was absolutely negative.

But you won the off-season right? Far more accountability here since Rex left.

9. BacktoQueens

haha, guys like Sheldon and Dareus don't get cut.

guys like IK and Williams do get cut.
    the entire league is a little hypocritical. how many chances you get directly correlates to how much talent you have.

10. BacktoQueens

Lawson's shoulder surgery? McCoy?
    wow major controversy!
    yeah i don't think it's him who is reaching now..

11. 101GangGreen101

IK was waived, and didn't do anything to warrant any discussion. What positive aspects did he bring to the Bills? Heck, what did he bring to the Bills period? I already gave you Incognito, but that's about it in terms of Rex and 2nd chances. How is Shady a leader? He is what his nickname is. Bar fights etc, just because you are a great player doesn't mean you can be a great leader too. I truly believe players can change when in the right environment, and I think that will happen with Josh Gordon with Hue Jackson being there. Like I said, about Gregory, I didn't know he had issues putting down the blunt, but he was still a good player in college and one of the better pass rushing prospects in the draft. I do agree, the Jets should not depend on Williams to bring anything to the table, but if he can it's an absolute plus, if he recognizes he has an issue after being cut after his first season and 2 preseason games in, he could be a valuable asset to the Jets.

Considering Rex promised the entire Bills organization a playoff berth only to go 8-8, I would say it blew up in this face. Now he's on the hotseat. If he doesn't make the playoffs this year, he is gone.

12. 101GangGreen101

EDITS:

You drafted a player in the first round that won't see the field, the GM said he didn't need surgery. I am sure players will be happy about Lawson. McCoy got into a bar fight with 2 cops. Are those not distractions? Is that truly reaching? Those are just 2 of the things I provided, I provided more.

To say the Bills have not been a distraction to themselves is false, they lack accountability / maturity

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/19/1...ining-camp-injuries-marcell-dareus-suspension

A lot of negatives in that article, don't you think? For a team that is suppose to take the next step, I don't see much good. But the Bills won the off-season so Bill fans shouldn't worry.

13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He would have 2 weeks in camp and then another 4 weeks after to get in shape. Have an out in the contract if he doesn't get in shape, minimum contract would only count $393K against the cap since he is out the 1st 4 weeks.

14. Jersey Joe 67

Fresh legs week 5 in Pittsburgh would be nice !

donkey, Royal Tee and NYJalltheway like this.
  15. The Waterboy

You ever think maybe Rex is giving the wrong players second chances? I think what IK and Incognito did are far worse than a player that smokes weed and didn't have the self control to keep the weight off.
    Being Williams has the suspension and was just cut, maybe that is the wake up call that was needed. By signing him before the suspension takes place it would put the team in a very good position to see if he took it to heart. If he comes back and is still overweight then just cut him, there would be no cap hit and no lost roster spot.
    If by chance he did take the time to get his head on straight then he would be a good addition to the team at a low cost.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  16. The Waterboy

His cap number was only $488K so doubt it was that.

17. Jersey Joe 67

If we sign him I'd hire a live in trainer to get his fat ass in shape !

The Waterboy likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's a BIG IF.

19. NCJetsfan

I wouldn't say that it is a no-lose proposition. He could be a huge distraction. He could be a lockerroom cancer. If nothing else, he would take up a roster spot that could have gone to another young promising player. If he develops, great, but if he doesn't, the Jets lost out on that other player. Then there's the cap space. Williams would have to admit that he made a big mistake and be willing to change. THEN he'd have to be willing to sign an incentive-based contract that had an escape clause for the Jets if he didn't get in shape and stay in shape and maintain a certain weight.

There's nothing wrong with bringing him in, working him out (if he did), and seeing what his attitude/mindset is like. If he's truly repentant and not just saying that to get a deal, is willing to sign an incentive-laden contract with a weight clause and protection for the Jets should he get suspended again, then fine, let them sign him.

20. NCJetsfan

If you seriously believe that Rex holds players more accountable than Bowles, then there's nothing any of us can say to you except "good luck," because you're gonna need it with that dumbass as HC.

Royal Tee likes this.