Karlos Williams...RB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Run_N_gun10, Aug 21, 2016.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Well we cut from cromartie so he should be fine

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Guess what boys and girls ....most of todays NFL players have problems and a lot a step away from jail

Our RB position is thin so yes give him a tryout if we could claim

Give him some colonoscopy laxatives and some counseling with B Marshall and he will be our guy

3. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Its not that simple. He was on a "diet." He was on a weight loss program since OTA's. After 6 weeks of being on the diet and weight loss program he actually weighed more than when he initially showed up overweight. He didnt care. His mind and attitude is not in the right place. He has a lot of personal issues and he probably needs to step away from the game for a while and figure himself out before he comes back. Its more complex than weight.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Exactly. A team is not going to give up on an extremely talented player unless there's something very wrong with that player's attitude/mindset and/or off the field behavior. That's even more true for a Rex Ryan coached team where he often bends the rules and doesn't hold players accountable. People can't lose that much weight in that short a period of time and it be healthy. He obviously wouldn't have shown up overweight to camp to begin with unless he's lazy, has a poor work ethic, and doesn't really care about the game. If he was repentant and working to lose the weight, the Bills would have never cut/released him.

Some fans here are so desperate that they ignore obvious facts or don't care about character. They'd cut off their left nut or sell their souls to win.

Bills over Jets likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I was against the signing but if this Bills fan doesn't think we should sign him, I say I absolutely want to bring him in now. sign this beast

nycarl, RexontheBeach and TNJet like this.
  6. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

The fact that the Bills cut him after the rookie season he had is a huge red flag. I wouldn't touch him. He has to be really out of shape. If the Bills thought he could contribute I don't think they would have made that move.

The Jets have 2 backs on their roster who can catch the ball. Powell and Forte are both very good receivers out of the backfield. They don't need to bring in Karlos Williams at this point.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Bills over Jets

When did I say I didnt think you should sign him?

8. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

No one is saying it's simple but it can be done if the guy dedicates himself. Sometimes a change of scenery is exactly what a player needs. This would not be the first RB that Rex Ryan let go that went on to success elsewhere.

9. Bills over Jets

Well your original post said bring him in and get him on a diet. I'm just trying to say it goes deeper than that. I'm sure at some point he'll get his act together and come back. When he does, he'll do very well. Success on the field isnt the issue

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

With motivation...dude can be a very useful player...
    I'm totally 110% behind our 1-2 punch and am so fuking excited to see Bilal finally get reps..

but anytime you have the potential to add this...

11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

and JFTR, how about if the guy is now just a bigger back if he still performs at this weight?
    Why does everyone have to be a cookie cutter RB?

I'd use him all over the field!

12. NCJetsfan

He had only been there one season. If he needed a change of scenery that quickly, that in itself should raise a red flag.

13. NCJetsfan

Not everyone has to be the same, but for a guy with his level of talent and speed to balloon up to 261 pounds and jeopardize his career as well as his health, there has to be some mental/emotional issues that are a major concern. For his own sake, he needs to focus on those, to understand why he did that to himself and how he can change, deal with or combat those issues.

If the Jets were to vet him thoroughly, feel satisfied that with some counseling he could get straightened out, then if they can claim him on waivers and sign him, put him on IR for this season and let him work on his issues/problem and weight, then great. Otherwise, I think they need to focus on the projects and issues that they already have to contend with (Hack, Geno, Petty, & Devin Smith from a developmental perspective [as well as their other young players] and Richardson from an off the field, behavior perspective).

14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Sure you may be right. However I'd still be willing to give the kid a look.

15. NCJetsfan

It doesn't hurt to talk to him and/or his agent. I'd be surprised if he was willing to workout for teams, however. Since there are a slew of other teams who would have first refusal rights ahead of the Jets, the point is probably moot anyway, as someone else will likely take a chance on him considering his talent.

Altoona likes this.
  16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He is a free agent, can sign with whom ever he wants.

BleedingGreen55 likes this.
  17. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Well, if Williams has indeed cleared waivers by virtue of no other team having placed a claim during the 24 hour period after he was released, he is then an unrestricted free agent.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member