Oops. They did it again.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Zach, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

That's the kind of contract the jets should've given Sanchez.

2. buffalo2214

buffalo2214 Member

Yeah but had we used the tag on Taylor, then more than likely we would lose Stephon Gilmore to FA next year. And to also clarify, Taylor isn't as injury prone as many are making him out to be. Yeah he takes hits, but it wasn't a hit he got hurt on last season. He got hurt on an illegal horsecollar tackle and even then, he still finished the game. I realize it's a gamble considering the small sample size and you're looking at one side of the coin, which of course doesn't paint the best picture for the Bills. But on the flipside, if he takes a step forward this year from where he was, then we have our franchise QB and hopefully we'll still have Gilmore around

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I never expected a day would come when I agree with a Pats fan - but here it is.

At least he's not pulling Buffalo psycho or whatever the fuck his name was. That moron still has to post the pic of himself sticking his head into the rear end of a cow.

4. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

Not using the tag on Tyrod allows the Bills to possibly use the tag on Gilmore if there isn't a contract worked out by then.

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Instead of just taking the $13M savings and use it to try and sign Gilmore. Makes sense.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

Sure, but with a team friendly 6 year contract, if Tyrod lives up to the hype and finishes that contract, then the Doug Whaley will look like a genius. If Tyrod flames out, then Doug Whaley has some relatively painless out clauses. Plus, without the Franchise Tag in play, Gilmore's agent has a lot more leverage.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I am hoping for 8-8 Bills. Best situation there is. Should cut - but can't cut.