WR's

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cbman13, Aug 11, 2016.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Who cares in what round they were drafted? Do you think the Pats have hesitated starting a QB taken in the 6th round? The important thing is how they play. The HOF has a lot of players taken in lower rounds and there are a lot of excellent starters in the NFL who were UDFAs.

2. NCJetsfan

Other teams can sign Ross too after he is released. I don't see any way they try to slip Peake onto the PS unless his play suddenly falls off a cliff.

Altoona likes this.
  3. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

If 6, 7 and UDFA players play like Peake, Marshall and Enunwa we should trade all our picks 1-5 to stack up.

4. DanR

DanR Active Member

Marshall looked like Brad Smith on that return. Speaking of which, I wonder what happened to Brad Smith. He looked promising.

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

In all fairness I did mention (also) being in favor and wanting to draft a WR come round 1 of next year's draft in order to give either Hackenberg or Petty receivers to develop with such as Enunwa, Peake, Jalin and you guessed it; a 1st Round Wide Receiver (as well).

Many don't know that Peake was a National top 15-25 blue chip H.S prospect heading into Clemson. Injuries and the likes of Martavis Bryant, Sammy Watkins & DeAndre Hopkins dropped his draft status but this kid can flat out ball broke out with Clemson last year which is why I was talking Peake up heading into our preseason game. He impressed too. 4 receptions off of 4 targets (100%) including a true #1 outside WR type of NFL TD reception (getting both feet down off a back shoulder on 3rd down). He saved Geno's night.

You can't tell me the likes of Enunwa and Peake as receivers and Jalin on his electrifying 80+ yard kick return didn't all perform their first time out.

Forget the draft hype. You can keep the draft stock as a longtime fan I wanna see potential, ability, talent and production when on that 100 yard football field. Drafting round selection is throw out the window come Sundays. These kids are playing to make a name for themselves not live off draft status.

In closing, just go an ask Fitzpatrick, Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker & coach Todd Bowles if Jalin has a further at slot receiver and #1 return man and see (listen) what they have to say. They absolutely love this kid. Reminds me so much of Santana Moss coming out of Miami. Or even ask Chan Gailey on why Jalin (as an undrafted prospect) is already receiving and getting practice and playing time with the 1s & 2s. Maybe it's because he's been making plays against the likes of Skrine, Williams, Milliner and Pryor when over the middle? If you haven't recognized that Jalin's been our training camp's stand out then I'll question if you've followed all of these offseason reporters of the kid standing out all over the field.

Pags2112, tbruner12 and tomdeb like this.
  6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Barring injury to better WRs, Thompkins and Ross should be released after the 4th exhibition game.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Man was Brad promising. Unfortunately Rex and that front office thought Tim Tebow could replace Brad as a Wildcat X-Factor. Turned out to be an atrocious experiment of a failure. Thinking back, that offense was lost and confused without an identity.

It would've been nuts to see both Forte & Powell in the backfield with Brad Smith as the Wildcat with both Marshall & Decker blocking on the outside.

I miss Brad Smith but just wasn't worth the FA contract he ended up receiving and thankfully our offensive attack no longer has to rely on gimmick trends out of desperation. We may not have Tom Brady but we really do have a professional offense with top end overall balance.

#47 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yup. Both 28 years of age. Solid players although wrong place/wrong time.

Enunwa is a lock. He'll really have a chance behind Marshall, Decker & Forte to continue his chemistry and continuity with Fitzpatrick dating back to last offseason.

With that said if our front office were to choose either of Ross or Thompkins over either of Peake or Jalin I'd seriously lose faith in this franchises decision making. Peake & Jalin could just be that good moving forward. Although i currently love the direction we're going under Bowles & Mac as a no nonsense organisation. For some reason reminds me of a Bill Cowher/Steelers type of vibe to it. Focused.

I truthfully can't wait to see these two kids fully polished after a solid two/three years of developing on an NFL level behind veterans invMarshall (for Peake on the outside) and Decker (for Jalin learning out of the slots underneath).

We're privileged to have one of, if not the best overall WR duo in Marshall and Decker over the next 2-3 years. Now the likes of younger receiving prospects can fully develop without being fed to the wolves of NFL defenders, thrown into the fire against complex defenses all while being game planned for by intelligent defensive coordinators. Our WR position, like our LB & D-Line positions could all be set for many of offseason's to come.

#48 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    Pags2112, tomdeb and tbruner12 like this.
  9. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

If JAlin Marshall can be a better Devin Hester, we may have found ourselves a diamond in the ruff. Like what I've seen from this kid. His returns on Thursday were something we haven't seen since Brad Smith. But if this kid can actually catch the ball and get open, he HAS to stay. I like Q. Honestly, Kenbrel may be the odd guy out.

tomdeb likes this.
  10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

A better Devin Hester? Wow

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  11. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Well put!!!
    As Slingblade would say..... "I like the way you talk, MMMHHHH.

RexontheBeach and tomdeb like this.
  12. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Exactly right about the better players earning playing time on the field, and not living off of draft hype. They either become what the coach expects in the short length of time that he gives them to prove it in, or the next guy behind you takes your spot. QB's shouldn't be treated any different.

13. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Hey DWC next years top priority should be OL we can focus on WR come 2018

Pags2112 likes this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Do you know how hard it's going to be for ANYONE to be better than the best return man of all time?

TwoHeadedMonster and Altoona like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

I would be surprised if either Jalin Marshall or Charone Peake are cut in favor of Ross or Thompkins, and may have questions, but I don't think I'd lose immediate faith. You haven't seen how those kids perform in practice. Supposedly, it's been very good. There are other factors too like attitude, injuries or character that might influence their decision. While Mac seems to take a long term view, perhaps the very reason Fitz is back is Woody thinks the Jets have an opportunity to get to and win a SB this year or at least make a deep run in the playoffs. If that's the case, and Woody ordered Mac/Bowles to keep Ross and/or Thompkins over Peake and J. Marshall, or if Mac and Bowles are hesitant to trust Marshall and opt for a proven commodity in Ross, then I could understand it. I'd be disappointed and frustrated, for sure, but we don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes and don't know as much about the players as the CS and GM do.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

and if fitz can be a better joe montana we might be able to challenge for the 2nd wildcard

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Not that I think he is, but if Woody's meddling to that extent, we're screwed.

Brook! likes this.
  18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I didn't see much of Thursday's game - Does Jalin have the speed of Devin Hester? Someone else here mentions Santana Moss. He must be quick.

19. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Not necessarily a problem but to hold out and talk about the potential of a 7th and UDFA after 1 preseason game is ludacris lol

20. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Enunwa yes, the other two it's been 1 game lol.