Democratic Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Oct 13, 2015.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

anyone see Hillary's latest interview where she says that the FBI said everything she said was truthful? Fucking lady has no shame.

If she becomes president we'll have gone full circle as a nation. From Washington, who could not tell a lie, to Hillary - who cannot tell the truth.

2. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Trump is a bully circa middle school. I guess you want your President to give off that 8th grade bully mentality?

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Whenever I see photoshopped shit like this I think of like hundreds of years in the future when were all decomposed and the archaeologists dig up shit like that they are going to be so confused.

"Professor, why would King Trump I embrace his Competitor like that?"
    "I have no idea actually, The 21st century was a strange, dark period."

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

7. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

No, I want my President to be a constantly lying criminal, who will do/say whatever it takes to get elected (Obama's words).

8. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

It's always the lesser of two evils

9. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

You have to draw the line somewhere or else you end up voting for Mussolini over hitler

TwoHeadedMonster, joe, FJF and 2 others like this.
  10. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

At the end of the day what really bothers me about the democrats is this false hope that they give to the underprivileged. I like Obama, but he isn't really doing anything to help anybody. None of these people really do anything other than rehearse speeches that they didn't write. I personally don't vote, because I know it's a sham and a waste of time. Deciding between two candidates that only 20 percent of the country likes (that's the percentage of people who vote in these primaries) is not democracy. At the end of the day I just wish these politicians would come out and say "you know what I'm not here to solve everyone's problems. In fact the only way to solve your problems is hardwork and support from friends and family".

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If you always vote for the lesser of two evils, evil always wins.

joe, FJF and Cman68 like this.
  12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You are just as much the problem as anyone. Take some time out of your day and maybe research ALL the candidates and determine which one best matches your ideals. Like many you may find out that candidate is a 3rd party candidate. I'm not just talking about for president but congress, local, etc.

Enough people do this and maybe, just maybe, a 3rd and 4th party may become viable. By having 3 or 4 parties represented there is a much better chance of everyone meeting in the middle on things rather than essentially having a stalemate.

Taking the "I don't vote because it doesn't matter" view is a pussies view.

Take the quiz.
    https://www.isidewith.com/elections/2016-presidential-quiz

13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Ideally you want the person that is competent but doesn't want the job. We have two people now who just want power. You'd have to be crazy to want that much power

14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Many here have stated multiple times that Trump appears by his actions to not really want the job, especially earlier in the primary process. While Trump loves the spotlight, I still think he is somewhat a reluctant candidate that has been put into a position he never really expected.

Hillary on the hand has basically set her sights on becoming President since the day Bill left office. That is all she wants and all she has ever wanted and everything she has done including not kicking her cheating husband to the curb has all been motivated by this.

One craves attention, the other craves power.

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I like how this is such an historic moment for women. Yeah the only way a woman can be president is through her husband.

16. Section 336

I don't understand how you can try to connect my post with this statement.

Hillary most certainly calculated the pros and cons of her political future with or without him and she is the one who decided and if you think she didn't you are utterly naive.

17. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Lol my bad it was a random thought I had while reading your post. Not refuting anything you said

Section 336 likes this.
  18. Section 336

I understand.
    To be honest, at this point today I do not think one bit that Hillary needs Bill and as evidenced during the primary campaign trail.
    I do believe that had she left him 20 years ago, I am not quite sure the reaction and where her political career goes.

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Asserting that the “lesser of two evils” even exists is either naivety, bogus moral relativism, or (in this case) mere partisan lip service since it invariably ends up with the candidate of your party as the "lesser evil."

^ +100 spot on.

No matter how despicable or unprincipled these two candidates are--and they certainly are--it's our partisan duty to support "our party's choice" come hell or high water because the 'other party' must be beaten whatever the cost (even if it's not-so-thinly disguised as "not a fan of Hillary/lesser of two evils" lip service as has often been the case here in this thread--sheep rhetoric) : )

And what they also don't get is that when it comes down to it, the idea of political parties is a falsehood in and of itself: there are no conflicting interests in Washington nor is there this honorable struggle between Dem/Rep for the hearts and minds of the unwashed masses. It's a game of 3-card monty meets dog and pony show. Both major parties support the same thing: control everything, globalize everything, further cement government power while reducing the voice of the citizenry. Turn 'em into blind, myopic partisans so as to turn 'em against each other and then rob them blind while the the poor suckers are distracted. This dynamic is a tool in which to rule and in this case we're supposed to settle for the empty logic that "Hillary will hurt us less?" ..........the fuck??..

There is no such thing as a “lesser evil.”

With all due respect Waterboy, imho either a candidate is honorable and deserving of our support or is not. And if not then they must be thrown to the curb. And in 2016, just because the system has deliberately limited the available choices does not mean we are required to participate in the hoax.

For generations this "lesser of two evils" thing has impoverished the citizenry's Constitutional safeguards. Has electing Barrack over McCain, or Bush43 over Gore, or Clinton over Bush Sr. helped this country or its people, meaning I don't see these supposed advantages and benefits that came from participation.

#1839 joe, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  20. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

^ I think it matters. Al gore probably wouldn't have gotten us into Iraq. Romney wouldn't be ramrodding transgender bathrooms down our throats and fanning racial flames.

But I agree they're basically on the same page of preserving their own power