2015-2016 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYJalltheway, Oct 26, 2015.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

hey don't knock Ray. He may be old but he shoots the rock better than most anyone in the league. You still get points for when the ball goes in the hoop even if it comes from an old man. They keep him fresh all season and he could be a valuable piece as an off-the-bench shooter come playoff time.

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I think you have it backwards there

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Exactly. Why wouldn't Ray Allen want to come play 7 minutes a game in the regular season for a championship ring? James Jones has been doing it his whole career.

FJF and dawinner127 like this.
  5. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

lol, your guy Westbrook is about to leave that backstabbing, lying snake, Clay Bennet next offseason.

It's over. The Thunder will never be relevant in the championship picture again.

6. GordonGecko

yeah, they fluked into their current situation in the first place. Durant is such a pussy for bolting when he was so close to beating GS. I don't care that he joined the Warriors, makes a lot of sense to me. But leaving OKC like that is a scared little girl bitch ass move. OKC can either trade Westbrook now or let him walk after the season. Either way it's going to be tumbleweeds in OKC within a year

7. Jonathan_Vilma

It's going to be interesting to see what Westbrook does. He seems to be as alpha as one can be, with a lot of similar traits to Kobe. I'd bet he leaves OKC but I could see him going to LA and saying "fuck all the other superstars I'll do this on my own." Maybe being the sort of star that doesn't confer with anyone and just goes and signs right away like Amare did with the Knicks.

Build around me mofuckers. I'm the man. I could see an MVP type of season out of him next year. He basically had one this year.

8. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I do not understand why leaving OKC is such a mortal sin.

He was drafted there, he wasn't born there.

He played out his contract and took advantage of his more important right-unfettered free agency.

He didn't demand a trade to get himself out of his team or to extend his contract.

He didn't promise he was going to stay.

He got to free agency and took full advantage of it.

And left a ton of money on the table.

He owes nothing to OKC, he gave them almost a decade of great play and now that he's leaving to better himself, his beloved fans are taking massive shits on him.

Who the fuck is OKC?

_

9. GordonGecko

NBA Cavaliers take hefty tax hit

New York (AFP) - The champion Cleveland Cavaliers will pay a league-high $54 million luxury tax for last season for going over salary cap limits on their title-team payroll, ESPN said Sunday.

Owner Dan Gilbert will have to send the league a check for salary overruns in the championship season that brought Cleveland its first sports champion since 1964.

Seven teams in all exceeded the $84.7 million tax threshold for last season, the Cavaliers most of all, with a whopping $160 million payroll, Cleveland.com reported.

The Clippers owe $19.9 million in luxury tax, followed by Golden State at $14.8 million, Oklahoma City Thunder at $14.5 million, San Antonio and Houston at $4.9 million and Chicago at $4.2 million.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-cavaliers-hefty-tax-hit-reports-215246954--nba.html

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I can see Russ averaging a triple double for an entire season in this era. Big O was the last to accomplish that feat many decades ago.

11. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

My bet is that Westbrook gets traded before the deadline in a sign and trade, maybe even to the Lakers for picks and players. Sign and trade is obviously the best case scenario for both parties--he gets paid the max and the Thunder get some assets back in return.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

I have no problem with him leaving. Similar to having no problem to LeBron leaving Cleveland the first time.

The fashion in which these guys did basically ruins the balance of the league, as if it wasn't destroyed already. How does a team like the Timberwolves, whom the past couple years have done everything right, have a chance? I know that's not Durant's problem, but it's a players league they should take ownership of keeping it competitive.

I always said about Lebron & the Heat. Why'd he need two superstars? Why couldn't he just team up with one and let Bosh join up with someone somewhere else?

Why'd Durant have to join the best team in the league? Why couldn't he go to the Clippers and make it a 3 team race in the West? Smh.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  13. GordonGecko

teams don't do sign and trades anymore

14. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Because Durant is not an NBA fan and he's not an NBA West fan and he's not a Clippers fan.

He's a Durant fan and the NBA has become about one thing and one thing only--winning a championship them winning multiple championships.

_

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

who cares Vilma, Durant signed where he wanted to sign. Durant didn't do anything wrong - in fact he did it right by not making a spectacle of his decision. Just announcing as quietly as possible that he headed elsewhere.

--

Also- to your point about the Timberwolves: There is an argument to be made that things like this are actually good for a small market team like the Timberwolves. 15 years ago Golden State and Cleveland were laughing stocks of the entire league. Now people are flocking there. Quality free agents never went to small market teams like Cleveland or Minnesota they only went to New York, the LA Lakers, Boston, Chicago. You had guys like Shaq fucking with a small market team like Orlando just so he can leave the first chance he could get to go the LA.

There was never a competitive balance. Over half the championships went to LA & Boston. Now at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel for a team like Minnesota. Players are showing they'll sacrifice both big market limelight AND money to be a part of a great team. I dislike Curry and Golden State, but its a true success story for a league like the NBA. This is a traditional bottom feeder built and developed from within by smart drafting, so much so that they can both afford to bring on a marquee FA when one actually decides he wanted to play there.

My response to a team like Minnesota crying about this would be to build your own team and they'll come. Maybe in today's game instead of a Kevin Garnett jerking you around in his prime so you have to trade him to a big market like Boston, he stays on and people actually WANT to sign in Minnesota because you have a good basketball team.

16. GordonGecko

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1336 GordonGecko, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    dawinner127 likes this.
  17. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

The chance teams like the unattractive Wolves have is to be bad enough to draft the next LeBron/Durant/etc and then win quick enough before the player leaves you. Sad but it's true.

The competitive balance of the league thing is something the Comic Sans MS typing owner of the Cavs ranted about when the Lakers tried to get Paul. When his team got Love and is trying to get Wade at the very moment? Not a word.

Also makes me laugh every time they talk about expansion. You think it's bad now, wait till they expand to Seattle,Vegas,etc. We need less teams not more teams to make it a little bit more competitive. I'm a Lakers fan so I'm just waiting out the Superfriends era and hoping they can actually sign 1 of these stars.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If there was a way to bet you the Spurs beating GSW in the finals next season, I would at this moment.

BTW, I have no idea what you just posted.

19. GordonGecko

I would take that bet, and not just because they're in the same conference o_O

20. mute

mute Well-Known Member

W T F is going on?!