Another mass shooting - Orlando Florida night club

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by mute, Jun 12, 2016.

1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

After VA Tech shooting (I was there when it happened btw) a little known law was put in place that stripped 2A rights from people after they got a TDO (temporary detaining order) because that shooter had been TDO'd sometime before committing the massacre. I was involved in an alternation about 8 years ago and got TDO'd. I was released after police interviewed me without being charged with anything. A couple years later I was charged with a felony and a misdemeanor after I filled out paperwork to purchase a firearm. Unbeknownst to me my 2A rights had been taken away and I was not allowed to purchase a firearm. I went to court and the charges were dropped after the lawyer explained that I didn't know I had lost my rights. This past year I tried to enlist in the Army and I was rejected because I had these charges on my record. Mind you, they just passed a law allowing post-op transgenders in the military. This is what happens when you make reactionary gun control laws. I am a law abiding tax payer and I have had my 2A rights robbed from me while murderers and terrorist with security clearances keep killing people with rifles. Anyone calling for more gun control can catch my one finger salute.

2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Again.. They are not linked to a group or ideology. They are acting on their own. Whether it be too much meth, mommy didn't pay them enough attention or they still haven't touched a boob. Radical Islam is a completely different thing and not at all relatable. All you have to do is some research on how they feel towards americA, gays, women, bacon or whatever and what they feel should be done to them and it should be clear. Radical Islam are the only ones allowed to shout fire in an open theater without any consequences

3. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

First off, because this is pertinent to my perspective, I live in Orlando and some of my friends had friends who died, so obviously I'm not trying to rationalize a tragedy. Every young person in Orlando gay or straight has been to Pulse, and knows what local establishments like Pulse mean to Orlando and specific communities within Orlando. Hell, coincidentally even my girlfriend planned on going there with friends that night. Orlando is very lucky that scum chose to arrive there as late as he did, because many more could have died. Second, you're misunderstanding correlation vs causation, it's rather simple. You can't argue that someone who wasn't particularly religious wasn't preferentially rationalizing his rage against a group of people by hiding behind the guise of a group of people (ISIS) whom with he empathized because of a shared belief. Just because someone agrees with ISIS doesn't mean we should legitimize their bigotry by calling it essentially a violent extension of ISIS extremism. Given the facts I've learned, I believe that this man hated gay people and was willing to affiliate or associate with anyone who shared his bigoted beliefs. I.e. If he were white he very wel may have called 911 and claimed that he committed the attack on behalf of the KKK.

4. VanderbiltJets

Yes, they being males. Often white, and sometimes brown.

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Ahhhh still going with the stats. You have no idea what I'm talking about but given your entries in the thread, not surprising.

_

6. JStokes

No no no you are more likely to be a victim of angry white terrorists than the pieces of shit blowing up and shooting people world wide.

The "stats" back it up. Like lightening or driving a Pinto.

Those Islamist fucks aren't so bad when put in statistical perspective.

Feel better?

_

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  7. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Charles Whitman says hi.

Ralebird likes this.
  8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

There us no requirement that those who participate in radical Islamic terrorism be the most devout Muslims walking the earth. All they have to do us be interested in participating in the cause.

9. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

That is such bullshit. You can't fight to have it changed?

10. JetsHuskers fan

Look at this. Another liberal pulling out ever excuse in the book for Muslims and their religion of death.

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I just don't understand how people think. There are groups pledging to do this, they don't have to hold the hand of the terrorist. They don't even have to give orders. All these terrorists have to do is absorb the ideology. All the groups have to do is preach . While this type of attack was usually a tactic of other criminals , it's one that terrorists can learn from. I really don't think that Americans should have to be put at risk because te left wants to make sure to follow the blue print of being nice to people who certainly wouldn't do the same for you and blame machines or tools to divert. I there's a way to stop the little suburban bastard who wants to go shoot people then by all means I'm all for it . But Obama and the left are pretty much providing protection for anti American sentiment and attacks on innocent people by refusing to name it and making people believe that they need to ignore the problem and make it the fault of everything but the problem

12. JStokes

Where are pressure cookers on that list?

_

NY Jets68 likes this.
  13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I went to the Marines and after months of paperwork to get waivers for my charges they told me I need to go to court to get my gun rights restored. seems obvious now and it's something I need to do regardless but I never had the money to. So idk how long it's gonna take.

14. JStokes

He wasn't and he didn't.

Pfail.

Nice try though.

I detect another weak straw man attempt may be in your future.

_

15. JetsHuskers fan

Damn. That really blows. Hope it works out for you

16. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

How do you explain Australia getting strict on guns in 1996 and not having a mass shooting since?

Also, European countries are extremely strict on guns and they have very infrequent mass shootings.

America is up there with other first world greats the Philippines and Mexico when it comes to gun violence. Real global leadership there.

#316 Ubiquitous, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  17. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'll be fine, I already have a college degree yadda yadda. And I really hate running anyway which is all they do in the military. It just pisses me off when people talk about gun control after every every massacre like that's gonna solve anything.

18. JStokes

Everything else in Australia kills you, there is no need for gun violence.

_

19. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

lololololol

linking radical islam to terror makes us less safe, yet that same ideology has nothing to do with terror. okay then

20. VanderbiltJets

This attack was homophobic, regardless of his religious beliefs. Stop legitimizing the nonexistent role of radical Islamic terrorism. ISIS didn't inspire him to attack Pulse, two gay guys in Miami kissing did.