Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

its science

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

you have to compare our cb situation when we signed revis vs our qb situation now. than take into consideration the level of play both can give you. over paying for revis might hurt but is forgivable.over paying andgiving too many guaranteed years to fitz who has yet to string together 2 good years(arguably has yet to put up more than 1 decent year) is stupid. especially when there is no reason to given fitz's leverage in this right now.
    secondly- fitz won us games like sanchez took us to the play offs. now i would give fitz 9 mil in year 2 but i wouldn't guarantee anything past year 1. he can't be trusted

The 1985er likes this.
  3. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

im ready to move on from FITZ..

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Geno's problems are not due to a lack of bench time.
    They're from a lack of leadership, maturity, work ethic, and football intelligence.
    excuse making and blaming old regimes doesn't change that. He just got his jaw broken, losing his starting chances, under a brand new regime.
    what does that tell you?

In no way does this translate to him being a perfectly fine option to bridge the QB situation imo.
    quite the opposite really. objectively, he hasn't shown enough to suggest he'd be a good bridge, or that we wouldn't take a big step back.

Fitz on the other hand is a very good bridge. That's why he has value to this organization.
    I don't think it's a question of greed....it's finding mutually beneficial ground on years 2 and 3.
    it'll get resolved.

rammagen, NYJetsO12 and TNJet like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You have no idea what you're talking about. You've never played big time football and have no idea what players need. Quit talking out your ass. All the "experts" (scouts and media) said that Geno needed to sit. You're right that he was immature and had a lack of leadership, but how many immature young people are leaders or have good work ethics? Someone like that is not going to have good football intelligence until he starts working, studying film, learning from good coaching. Listing Mornhinweg, Mornhinweg's system, and Rex are not excuses. They are totally reasonable and rational reasons that didn't help Geno learn, mature or develop. It's a known fact that Rex didn't know squat about offense and didn't want to be bothered trying to learn. It's a known fact that Mornhinweg has failed and been fired everywhere he coached in the NFL. It makes Rex even more stupid for playing Geno when he was in no way ready to see the playing field.

Getting his jaw broken tells me that he was still immature and lacking in leadership and still had some growing up to do. It doesn't mean that he's permanently stupid, can't or won't learn. Sometimes people have to hit rock bottom before they wake up, make changes, and then succeed. He may never become an elite QB, but he could become good enough that with our D it's enough to make us get to and win a SB. If it's possible that the Jets can make the playoffs and then anything happen with a JAG like Fitz, it's also possible with Geno.

Your reasoning is fatally flawed. You're as clueless as the other dolts who try to justify overpaying Fitz and writing off Geno.

#3865 NCJetsfan, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  6. BacktoQueens

NC you are a big time blowhard my man..

you vehemently disagree with me, while actually agreeing with a lot of my points.

what have you seen from Geno (assuming you've watched any of his games) that makes you confident in banking this season on him?
    or do you only have excuses and hope that stupid is fixable? think about what you are advocating.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Really is annoying seeing SOME of the Fitz fans talk as if their opinion is fact, like they know the future as well...,mostly when it comes to their Geno "analysis"

Very arrogant group that have their shallow and predictable opinions and don't want to hear the other side or open their minds much, if at all

The funny thing is the other side (us) aren't even saying Geno will definitely be some great or even decent player.....it has more to do with business, taking calculated risks, and other reasons that they just don't wanna hear or try to understand

Fitz "got" us to 10 wins and that's that!

8. BacktoQueens

What did i state that was untrue?

He has demonstrated poor leadership, poor maturity, and bad decision making. there is clear evidence of that.

i also stated that he has not shown enough to suggest he'd be a good bridge QB.
    do you think he has shown enough, or are you just hoping he'll improve? i honestly don't understand where that thought process is.

considering we don't have another option ready, rolling with Geno would be banking our season on him.
    that's a big gamble imo.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. BacktoQueens

btw it's clear you don't know much about Mornhinweg pre-Jets..

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Not everything you said is necessarily untrue but I'll go over it...Also that post wasn't only about you, I don't even see you in this thread that much anyway.....

Geno's problems are not due to a lack of bench time. - That is just your educated guess, and shouldn't be written like you're stating a fact.....we have no idea how much better he will improve after spending a year+ learning and maturing

They're from a lack of leadership, maturity, work ethic, and football intelligence
    . - Maturity, no doubt. Leadership, yes. Work ethic, completely unfair and I've heard quite the opposite under the new regime. Football intelligence, yes at times but a lot of it can be improved

excuse making and blaming old regimes doesn't change that. He just got his jaw broken, losing his starting chances, under a brand new regime.
    what does that tell you?
    - No excuses, it's just been the truth....The broken jaw thing is just unfortunate and Geno needs to take some blame but I'm more concerned about what Geno is NOW not last year, not 3 years ago

In no way does this translate to him being a perfectly fine option to bridge the QB situation imo.
    quite the opposite really. objectively, he hasn't shown enough to suggest he'd be a good bridge, or that we wouldn't take a big step back. -
    -What exactly is a good "bridge QB"? His last few starts, along with being in a better environment, and just taking a small leap that he has matured and learned a good bit makes me think he could be atleast serviceable

Fitz on the other hand is a very good bridge. That's why he has value to this organization.
    I don't think it's a question of greed....it's finding mutually beneficial ground on years 2 and 3.
    it'll get resolved.

- Again, at what cost? Fitz is a very good bridge QB with what goal in mind specifically? If you're going to open up the checkbook for an aging vet with no upside, what is your goal?

11. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on who you ask. I will not remember last season fondly. In fact, it left me with one of the worst feelings I've had from Jets football in a long time.

I see people beating their chests because we beat the Patriots and the Giants in the regular season.

That's kinda sad, but if it's how they measure a good season they should send Fitz a participation trophy, not give him millions of dollars.

RexontheBeach likes this.
  12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The Jets missed the playoffs (in humiliating fashion) and got just about the worst possible draft pick for that scenario. What's good about that, and why does it mean we should throw millions of dollars at Ryan Fitzpatrick?

This fan base........I wonder why they've set the bar so low for their "favorite" team.

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I can't believe we got this diva back and what has he done. Not a damn thing! Cut his ass or trade him to Cleveland.

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Fireman Ed and his Sanchez jersey can go take a flying leap.
    [​IMG]

Fire Marshall Bill, now we are talking:
    [​IMG]

15. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Spoiler Alert:

[​IMG]

16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I hope you are talking to a mirror.

[​IMG]

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

You are right about that.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

19. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I give up on Geno/Fitz talk. There no point in it when you have all these people who can read the future.

Ralebird likes this.
  20. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

It's not that black and white (and you know that :) )

There are other options:
    Fitz would rather retire than sign for min

Fitz would rather sit and wait for an injury elsewhere than sign for min