Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Yeah that's it, you figured it out. Rex made Geno into a no work ethic retard with no leadership skills. You're a genius

BacktoQueens and GreenGreek like this.
  2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Who knew James Madison played football?!?

_

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Fitz played in the Ivy League which is actually a tier lower than the CAA (JMU)

What matters is that he is head and shoulders above Smith and clearly theQB the CS really wants esp Gailey given their prior success

We have to pay Fitz a little more to avoid the worst case scenario of GeNo. I am not that deluded into believing he will somehow be better like the rest of this Board wants to think...its an unGodly mess to consider Smith out there

Sorry to say but Mac has made some mistakes here letting Harrison and to a lesser extent Ivory go..

Went for Hack and his Wonderlic score over Lynch (IMO the Wonderlic should not be exclusively relied on) (i hope I am wrong about Hack but this decision will def be Macs benchmark)

Hasn't resigned Mo..

Dumping a 70 million contract on that conniver Mevi$ and $ for mr vasectomy Cro, Big $ for Skrine...and now nothing left in the Cap for Fitz the most important player on the team...???? Making some of TGG yearn for sloppy seconds GeNo lol

I have been on Macs bandwagon for a while now but playing hardball with RF is as stupid as GEno..

This sh+t better be straightened out soon or we take a big step backwards in 2016

GordonGecko likes this.
  4. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

So you basically butthurt that Mac didn't draft your boi Lynch, got it :rolleyes:

FJF likes this.
  5. NYJetsO12

thats the least of it really...Hack MAYBE is it

Please read the rest of what I said about the Management decisions

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Lot of hindsight in this post. Lets start with last years signings. There was no inclination that we would need to have money lwft for fitz when those were made. So blaming those signings on not being ablw to afford what fitz is asking is plain dumb.
    " we have to pay fitz more". No we don't. Futz has no other options. Mac should not begin to bid against himself now.
    "Rated hack higher than over lynch"
    You don't know that. What we do know is he rated Lee higher than lynch and probably rightfully so. If lynch had been there at the hack pick we have no idea but could assume he would have taken lynch.
    Bitching about letting harrison and ivory go and complaining about no cap space is kinda talking out of both sides of your mouth.
    Overall horrible horrible post

RuJFan, NCJetsfan and Jetaho like this.
  7. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

lmao i can't believe people here looking at Fitz like he's gonna be the difference between a successful season and a bad one.. Never once over the course of his career have I ever seen a team in desperate need of some damn Fitzpatrick...

All i get out of last season is that if a guy like Fitz can do it... plenty other can to. Credit Chan, Marshall, & Decker for this offense... Fitz being Fitz was cool until he Fitz'd us in the end.

King Koopa and FJF like this.
  8. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

So your plan is to cave in to Fitz, cave in to Mo, cave in to Harrison and Ivory, dump all 3 of our starting CBs from last year, and draft Lynch in the first round even though we also presumably locked up Fitz because he's "the most important player on our team"? Okay.

9. NYJetsO12

No not the best post in terms of hindsight in some respect but lets look at todays reality:

We have 3.5 mil left in the cap...how did that happen? We OVERPAID for Mevi$ and I think 1/3 of this Board was not in favor of that. Plus the other defensive players picked up by Mac like Skrine and Cro were also OVERPAID. I think as you said hindsight is 20/20 but Bowles is right in Macs ear when it come to the Defense and the $ gets spent. IMO this team is just top heavy Defense ...Mac picked up Marshall Forte and Clady but in no way were those guys as expensive as 70 million for a CB on the decline

We have enough defensive players JMHO. Taking Lynch over Lee might have made sense but the Jets weren't doing that anyway. For months they eyed CH as the QB they wanted.We will see if that was a smart decision

ImO the stalemate with Fitz will continue unless he gets more $...so what ? its not tens of millions they gave DR Pay the man please and get this done

This Board is all about past decisions and hindsight so you are being your angry self

10. FJF

Sory stupidity angers me. Your post was full of it. Heres the deal, you are mad because mac ate into the cap going forward by giving revis what you consider to be a bad deal. Its not that bad as we can eject next year if his play declines. At the same time you are advocating he do the same for fitz.
    You see the problem here? The fact that mac was willing to pay revis and not fitz says alot about what he thought of the depth of cb going into last year vs the depth at qb going into this year. Mac seems to know when he has to get the guy and when he can slow play it and let what ever come.

TwoHeadedMonster and Jetaho like this.
  11. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Maybe you missed the connection that I was trying to make: Rex put Geno in a position to be on the field 2 years earlier than he should have.

That's something that is irrefutable.

King Koopa likes this.
  12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

An argument could be made that the only thing Fitz did for the Jets last season was cost us a better draft pick.

Keep the money, Mac.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is not worth it.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, my friend, but I think you are plenty deluded if you think we should compete against ourselves and pay Fitz what he wants, think we should have kept Harrison at $10 million per season (or whatever stupid amount the Giants are paying him), think that Mac opted for Hack solely because of his Wonderlic score, and the rest of this post.

You guys who think you know better than Mac, and once and for all what Geno can and can't do are hilarious. You have no effing clue. You're basing your judgment of him based on his play 2 years ago in an offense designed by a nitwit for which he was ill-suited, playing for a HC who was and is a total boob and has no clue about developing a QB or an offense, had no talent around him, and who everyone and their brother (except that genius Rex and Idzik) knew was not ready to play in the NFL and needed to sit for a year or two. He needed to grow up, work on his leadership skills in the huddle, learn how to read Ds, and learn to take snaps from under center.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It would be a poor, cold, emotionless, argument though. Wouldn't it?

GordonGecko likes this.
  15. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

+100
    and I didn't and still don't like signing Revis :)

16. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

I am so tired of this entire melodrama with Fitz. I think its time to move on. I don't think we're likely to make the playoffs with Fitz or Geno. Fitz's inability to throw the deep ball will kill us against good defenses that will clog the short passing lanes and we're playing a lot of good defenses next year. The only way to be able to beat good defenses is to make them worry about the deep ball and drop defenders back to defend against the deep ball and Fitz is unable to make defenses worry about the deep ball. Fitz also takes a lot of risks and threw at least as many intercept-able passes last year as Geno did 2 years ago and Geno had a much worse supporting cast. Fitz is also unlikely to recreate his success from last year again. There's a reason he's viewed as journeyman QB and that he's never taken a team to the playoffs.

Geno, while having a good deep ball, has historically held the ball too long and, if our offensive line plays as poorly as it has in the recent past may get sacked a lot (any may fumble on some of those sacks). On the other hand, Geno has never played in a QB friendly system or ever had a half decent supporting cast. Now, he's been in this system for a year and he should understand the system, and he has very good skill players around him, so it'd make sense to give him a shot. Sign a veteran backup, just in case and give Geno the ball on opening day. Let's see what he can do. He may shit the bed, but we weren't going anywhere with Fitz, so no big deal if he does.

Telling Fitz to begone also has the benefit of making sure that no other players try to do this with the Jets again in the future. In my mind, that alone is worth pulling the offer.

17. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I agree with this and a good point is adding a cheap vet backup just in case.....Josh McCown or Nick Foles when/if they are cut would be fine. Foles could even compete for the starting job IMO

18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

yeah because everyone wanted to see 2 more years of Sanchez, especially a new GM :rolleyes:

Geno was drafted to be the starter day 1, or shortly thereafter.
    More time on the bench wasn't going to fix him, or greatly alter his career path.

19. FJF

The revis signing was the sacrificial lamb to appease the god of billboards.I'm ok with that because it helped keep the off season quiet.

20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

because the goal of course is to play for the best possible draft pick....
    How dare he beat the Patriots and the Giants! we could have selected a couple picks higher!

this fan base........i wonder why they even watch (or if they watch) games.

Ralebird and GordonGecko like this.