Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

If its true (I dont think it is) then it shows two things. One that the team has zero intention of starting Geno Week 1 (I think Mac will sooner trade for someone during training camp). And two , they are fully prepared to open up some cap space , whether that means extending Mo or cutting guys like Breno , Milliner etc.

Also lets say for a second it is true , after the 1st year how does the contract look? How much guaranteed $$ is there? Lots of questions that this reporter isnt putting out there to further his agenda.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Before I make any judgments, I want that report confirmed and the whole structure of the offer revealed.

3. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Confirmed - yes, but the rest of the structure is irrelevant. If it's $10M/yr for 2 years, amount in other years doesn't matter. My only question would be how much is guaranteed, but since it's front loaded, chances are most of the $20M are guaranteed.

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Also, it's worth noting that the Post and DN tend to take opposite sides on most issues. In this case, the DN wants Fitz back and the Post doesn't. In the past, the DN said we should trade Mo, and the Post said to sign him long term. Also, the Post supported hiring Marrone, and the DN went batshit crazy against it.

5. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

if I were mac I'd leak these numbers in light of the OTA "protests"

6. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Why do newspapers have an opinion on the signing of a player? They should report complete news and not rumors. The present reports are worthless and so are the supposed reasons for players missing OTA's. Any organization that is influenced by players missing workouts to lobby for another's contract will never succeed.

Ubiquitous and RexontheBeach like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that is a dated idea of journalism. I lived in NYC from April 1986 to February 1, 2002. At some point in the late 80s or early 90s, I wrote to one of the sportswriters of the Daily Snooze and took him to task for that very thing. He actually answered. He said that is not what is being taught in journalism school these days, is not what his job expectations are or what his boss expects of him. They now want opinions, rumors, innuendos, anything to sell newspapers. They don't care if it creates negative publicity for the paper, or if people think the writers are incompetent idiots. The only thing they care about is selling papers. Nothing else, including accuracy, truth or facts, matter.

8. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

The 1st amendment is up for grabs. I know the deal. They shouldn't be surprised when we consider them shills for agents.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Minions.

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

What the fuck are you talking about?

You've offered up nothing but opinions shaped by your man love for Geno. And you've got the Geno Illiterati following you. Well done.

It's like the Geno fucktards and the illiterate fucktards have teamed up in a Special Fucktard Olympics.

And these jerkoffs think I give a shit.

_

11. JStokes

There's like 6 of these jerkoffs.

Can't wait till Geno is gone and all these Genobots follow him out the sorry ass door.

_

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

13. JStokes

Nobody has any idea.

_

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yep.

Half a dozen knuckleheads.

If Fitz can't come to terms though we may get stuck with GeNo.

Oh the fizzle.

15. JStokes

It's like when you step in dog shit and you can scrape some of the dogshit off your shoe but you can't scrape ALL of the dogshit off your shoe.

That's me on TGG with these jerkoffs.

Btw, we were all warned but some of these jerkoffs still continue to stalk me so I figured I'd respond once. Trusting I won't get banned.

_

16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You obviously do. And youre still not offering an ounce of information. Just getting mad and trying to insult people who disagree with you. That's youre MO. Lmao i find it so funny how mad youre getting. Thanks im illiterate lmao. Offer some source, some information some knowledge. Show me something on correct reads, cuz ive shown plenty on reads that aren't, as well as bad throws, and missed opportunities.

Yet in all the fitzpatrick love, you fail to address the fact that outside of a few stats, statistically hes been below average his entire career. Yet hes the savior of your franchise? Its a joke to me. What has he done? This team was easily a 12 win team last season with that schedule and it didnt even make the playoffs and it controlled its own destiny plenty of times. Was it all on him, no. Two meltdowns against a buffalo, one against Houston and Oakland definitely showed you who he was. He didnt exactly light it up against a shitty eagles team either. Trailed a struggling cowboys team that gave up almost 350 yds per game. Barely beat a struggling giants team, that if the giants dont make a dumb decision, they win that game or Powell doesnt take a screen to the house we dont win. Oh because we beat a shitty titans team, that's why he warrants the love? Please give me a rebuttal.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Dreadmadseen likes this.
  17. JStokes

Like I said.

Dogshit on your heel.

_

18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Typical stokes, nothing relevant to say. Its just extremely funny, you still doing exactly what i called you on. Nothing of substance, say some insults, tell yourself youre something special. Youre like the kid that gets the participation trophy and wears the bright colored helmet.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

19. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

Will you follow Petty out the door? Just curious

20. JStokes

I'm a Jet fan. I loved Namath and every QB since then.

It's the jerkoffs that obsess about Tebow and now Geno that aren't really Jet fans.

Notice how all the Tebots are gone?

These latest shit stains will be gone by next year.

_