Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

No. He's our stopgap starter for one more season, unless he regresses to his norm and is replaced mid season. There is a big difference between Fitz and the starting QBs on about 26 other teams, which is why the Jets are taking the absolute correct negotiating position and Fitz is the one being completely unreasonable. I have lost respect for him. He gave it a good try, but there is one team n the market for his services and that team will pay him $8-10 million. He either takes that or he doesn't play. That offer is not going up. He's the QB here for one more season. That's it.

RexontheBeach likes this.
  2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Really? That's how it works? If a team has a hole at a position, the best player on the roster at that position should be paid a salary equivalent to above average starters on other NFL teams? If Joe Sccmoe is a team's best option at WR and is holdin out and is a 10 year veteran with one recent good season (80 catches 1000 yards 8 tds) he should be paid like a # 1 WR just because that team has nobody better? Sorry. That is insane.

RuJFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I thought there was no evidence of Fitzpatrick's contract dispute being a distraction?

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You're just trolling shit now. Well done, you got me.

_

5. JStokes

Yeah why don't you tell us again how a LB wasn't running full speed but if he WAS it was an easy pic.

I'll just leave that here, Genobot.

_

6. JStokes

He's just been trolling, flexing his Genobot muscles. Dude does this every time he thinks there's a smidge if a chance Geno might play.

_

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yeah omg you totally hurt my feelings with the genobot comment. He clearly wasnt or it IS an easy pick. Btw im still waiting for the how great ryan fitzpatrick was rebuttal. I have yet to see anyone provide any real evidence of this. Even all his wonder stats you all quote, outside a few, were bottom of the league. I think some of you fans are so starved for a qb you dont know what to look for. After all he is your Brees or Brady, which is pretty pathetic.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

8. JStokes

No one said he wasn't our stopgap starter.

But he IS our starter, stopgap or otherwise.

Thinking the Jets are going to sign him, there's going to be a big kumbaya moment in the locker room, all the vets smiling and joking with him and then Bowles tells him he's not the starter, he's in a competition is just stupidity.

That's not happening. Fitz is not "Brees or Brady" and has done nothing to earn anything in the LEAGUE.

Buts he's OUR Brees or Brady and he's earned the right to be OUR starting stopgap QB.

It was a simple observation that a few Genobots have completely trolled out of control.

_

TNJet likes this.
  9. JStokes

Nobody ever said Ryan was great or even very good.

He's the best option to start for the Jets this year.

Btw, everyone else non-Genobot who saw your idiotic article thought you were pathetic too, but you decided to disappear for a few days for it to calm down. Which is typical.

_

10. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

It's a massive distraction on this message board. For his teammates, probably not.

Ralebird, HomeoftheJets and PulseJet like this.
  11. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Oh i never disappear. You think for some reason you would make me stay away, you think better of yourself than you should. And he certainly is not. Based of of what? He had all world talent amd still managed to be bottom of the league in pretty much everything. Theres no reason this team couldnt have made a deep playoff run last season and he was one of the biggest reason why. Hell foles would be better. Even his arm is better than the jets, and he woulda been cheaper. They coulda signed hoyer for pennies. All of which can perform at or better than what fitzpatrick is capable of and still be cheaper.

Hes reckless makes terrible decisions and he has no arm. Yet for some reason hes getting credit for the play of all the others around him. Forget the fact that the oline played a hell of a lot better than it did a year ago, the fact there there were viable receiving options, or that Powell got a burst at the right time. It was all Fitzpatrick.

But i guess i have no idea what im talking about.

12. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I'd imagine that the holdup is about long term security for Fitz, I don't think Mac is caught up on whether Fitz should make $9 mil or $11 mil this year. He's probably more concerned about giving him that same $11 mil next year, and how much of it will be guaranteed, considering he'd likely want to find a better QB option or at least have the flexibility to do so. When you've got 2 project guys waiting to take over, it's not ideal to be handicapped by a big guaranteed contract to an average stopgap starter. The Jets are gonna want the flexibility to move on while Fitz is gonna want the security of knowing he'll be making money. I think that issue is way more significant than the 2016 salary.

westiedog1 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  13. JStokes

Foles? I'm pretty sure he wasn't on the team last year and he's not in camp this year.

I'm just guessing that you're hoping beyond hope that Fitz never signs and your boy Geno gets the starting gig. Yet you want to talk about shit play?

Oh wait, the excuses.

I'll just leave that here.

_

14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I guess that went over your head. But i figured youre not very smart anyway, so whatever. Yeah foles has done more that Fitzpatrick. He made the payoff and did so with Kelly as a coach. Which is a handicap. Hmm funny whenever Foles had good recievers be produced. In fact i believe he has some gear in the hall of fame. So, how many playoff appearances does Fitzpatrick have?

15. JStokes

Dude, you're like one of the dimmest bulbs in this closet, please don't discuss smarts. What does Foles have to do with who will be the starter on the Jets THIS YEAR? He's not an option, never was or the Jets would have gotten him. I LOVE Foles but it's sophistry to argue who would be better, Foles or Fitz.

And it's irrelevant how many playoff games Fitz has never played in because it's IRRELEVANT to who is going to be the starter this year. If Fitz signs-mediocre journeyman underwhelming Fitz-he's our starter over your hero. You just better hope he doesn't owe anyone chump change.

_

BleedingGreen55 likes this.
  16. JStokes

Love the Internet argument winners being trotted out. You're not very smart, you don't know anything about football, you obviously don't watch games, you're living in your Mom's basement.

Sad.

_

westiedog1 likes this.
  17. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i didnt think that article was idiotic, at all

you can argue the semantics of an "interceptable" pass, but those throws were terrible in both decision and execution ... and that wasnt nearly all of them

in one of the best seasons in his career, fitz was sub-par last year ... he was 24th in the league in passer rating

the prudent approach is to wait and see how the younger guys have developed before declaring that below average qb play is the best option for the team

18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Youre obviously the only one stuck on geno. I said they could have signed someone else who will give them the same production or better than fitz. If you knew anything dumbass, youd know that I said i like Hackenberg to take over in the future after sitting this season and next. So shut up with the geno stuff retard.
    I also said plenty of times that they could have saved money since they already know whoever starts this season be it Geno Fitzpatrick or other isnt going to start the next season anyway. So why commit the money? Maybe this is stillball over your head, but i guess this is why i told you to quote me. Obviously you have no idea what i said. Foles is being discussed as an alternative. Still with me? Although i clearly expressed that in a prior post to you. Contribute something, dont just run your mouth.

19. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

That is an interesting take, could be right. Maybe fitz wants some long-term security. Fitz is not the long term answer but he would be fine as backup for sure if one of the young guys is ready to step up.

An interesting dynamic would be what if fitz comes back and geno miraculously plays great in the preseason but fitz morphs back to his 10yr track record. Does geno get named the starter with fitz here? Or what if Fitz comes back but looks terrible in the first few weeks of the regular season, will there be calls for Geno to start?

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

literally impossible. It's more likely that the Earth is flat

TNJet likes this.