Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

3000 posts. I can't believe it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

So you think he's LESS ready to step in this year after last year being completely limited in OTAs and mini camps and the beginning of training camp. Hahahahaaaa.

_

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

He had minimal workouts with the 1st unit, if any. He was still recovering fro0m the broken leg at that time. And he still stepped in and ran with the O.
    Dude this situation has NO bearing on Fitz' ability to step in. If he missed camp you would have an argument. Otherwise this means nothing towards who starts if Fitz comes back. Imagine all you want about what this means and what signs it points to.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Read much? I don't have to prove anything. My only point is that he is talking out his ass. He talked like he knew what was in the mind and heart of every Jets player and member of the CS regarding Geno, and he doesn't. No poster on this board has talked with the Jets CS and players and knows what they're thinking or what they'll do. They probably don't even know what they're gonna do yet. A lot of that is probably to be determined depending upon how Geno plays in OTAs and TC, and his attitude/how he carries himself.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Don't forget to connect the dots, people.

6. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I really don't think Macc has any notion of giving in to Fitz. It would set such a terrible president for future contract holdouts. And is Fitz going to release his new contract demands through Decker sure doesn't have any notions of being honest to do it himself.

#JustSign

7. Walt White

Lol....

Mehta exercising his brain off of a Brian Costello tweet. Good God

8. NCJetsfan

He didn't practice until TC. You're the one who's wrong. YOU should be the one to go look it up.

9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I'd like a reporter to ask Decker who he thinks the Jets should cut in order to sign Fitz. Do it in the locker room too just to make him uncomfortable with saying one of his teammates should be cut from the team.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Couple of beasts using their God-given talent bud.

11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Yup that's the point. Smh.

12. The 1985er

I did look it up already and I didn't see anything that said he didn't practice until TC. So show me otherwise.

13. The 1985er

It's obvious that he will be the starter. And missing time won't/shouldn't affect his knowledge of the offense, unless he's not working at of course. I never disputed that. I'm saying that imo, if he comes back he should have to compete, because imo, he hasn't earned the right to skip out on offseason workouts and get the starting job handed to him. Only a select few QB's have earned that right. Saying that he had minimal practice with the 1's and saying that he didn't practice until TC are two different things.

14. JStokes

Shake your head all you want, you're the only one here who thinks that'll be an issue considering how limited Fitz was all last offseason.

_

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. JStokes

Hasn't earned the right? He's in a contract dispute but absent that he's the unquestioned leader of the offense. His teammates and his coaching staff and most of the non-Genobot fan base understands that.

He's not Brees or Brady but he's OUR Brees or Brady.

_

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Walt White

Spin last year however you like. Claiming precedent with a "select few HOF's" means nothing to me regarding the very beginning of effin involuntary OTA's. Otherwise.....What he said >>>

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Really? Not even the regular Jets "journalists" have reported any discord or distraction in the locker room. If it's a distraction for you, that still doesn't translate to anything like screwing up the season for anyone but you.

You can choose to understand these negotiations are a normal course of business or you can (to multiply metaphors) put the cart in front of a dead horse and continue to beat it.

18. The 1985er

What has he done? Where are his Super Bowls? All Pros? Pro Bowls? Has he even made the playoffs? What has he done in his career that earned him the right to walz into TC in July and get handed a job after missing time? After being a distraction with his ridiculous contract demands?

Oh and he's your Brees and Brady.

zace likes this.
  19. The 1985er

Spin what? That he was in practice last year? When he was actually in practice last year? Despite the headache of Revis contract situation from a few years ago it was somewhat tolerated because he was the best player at his position in the league and he is/was a potential future hall of famer. But these distractions from a journeyman who wouldn't start for no other team except maybe the Broncos is bullshit. He's not good enough to warrant these headaches and constant bs that comes with him and his contract dispute.

zace likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

Believe what you want. I don't have a need to prove anything to you. I know what I remember from last year.