Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There is zero cause and effect between internet chat and player signings. Followed up by more speculation about who won't be on the team. My opinion says you're wrong - probably twice.

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Wtf are you talking about Internet chat? Dont waste my time. He sucks, get over, hes not good. He struggled last season thru most games. If you had any assessment ability and understood the game, you would see this on tape. Obviously the jets see it and why they made their offer and arent budging.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

matt robinson 17 and Jets69 like this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Your reading comprehension sucks, even for stuff you wrote. You said he'd be signed if it wasn't for speculation. Really? You think that's a factor? If Fitzpatrick truly sucked and was no good there would be no negotiations at all - he'd just be gone. I have no problem waiting to see how this plays out. We can chat again when the situation is resolved, probably with a signing, IMO. And we'll see where Smith is this time next year too.

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

It's fans like you that cost us games. You either aren't yelling at your TV loud enough during games or your crappy attitude here is spilling over into the players collective mindset.

Maybe if you were a little bit more positive Fitz doesn't throw that INT and we make the playoffs.

Thanks.

_

bigbucks24, donkey and Big Cat like this.
  5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

First off he does suck, but if you read my previous post, you would have known that i said there arent any option that are significantly better. That doesnt even make him the best option. So whos comprehension sucks? Second off, you said that hes sucks is speculation. If it werent, hed be signed. Plain and simple. If he was what they were sure was gonna get them over thr hump, hed be signed. Denver would have taken him over Sanchez.they declined. The Jets are the only team that wants him. You know why? Because they see more than numbers, which many on this board are clearly refusing to do. Go check those game threads, see how many of the supports were complaining about how much he sucked for like most the game. Go watch tape. Tell me why we didnt beat buffalo. Tell me why in Cleveland, Brandon Marshall bailed him out big time. Or how in Indy he kept making the same retarded read that once resulted in an int and a second that should have.

Doesn't matter how you slice it, hes not good and this teams success does not hinge on him one but because hes not the strength, hes a liability. We already havr 3 on the roster, whu would you overpay for another?

Jets69 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

May 24th (supposed deadline) we will know what the jest will do nothing else matters.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Jest though?

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Where did that date come from?

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Some beat writer's asshole, probably.

#2689 abyzmul, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
    RuJFan likes this.
  10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Even on my stance, i dont buy this guy's report. Its all posturing.

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

There will be elation, depression, or more frustration come this Tuesday

12. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

The main reason Fitzy is not signing is that he knows what options we have at QB better than anyone. He has leverage and the Jets do not. It is time to sign him 3 years 30 mil with 17 mil guaranteed. Cut him after 2 years and bring the next QB that has had TIME to learn up.

McCagnan's pride needs to take a ciesta.

13. cambam71

cambam71 Member

I'm a hopeless fan that Geno, Petty or Hack will turn into our next QB....with that said -- I still wanted Fitz back after last year, but...I think I've moved on at this point.

He's simply not worth breaking the bank over -- we already did that with Revis, and at least he's a proven HOF caliber player (I still want him cut/restructured after this season for financial reasons and his diminished play...but..)

I'd rather see what we have in the 3 young QBs this season and if nothing works -- hello high draft pick next year.

Burnz likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We have several million dollars and the only available starting job worth of leverage. I want Fitz back as much as anyone but I think the leverage is pretty equal at this point.

Jets69 likes this.
  15. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Whats this Tuesday ?

16. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

This is just stupid

themorey and KingRoach like this.
  17. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I take great umbrage in anyone saying Fitz "sucks".

Is he great? Is he a long term solution? Is he worth $15 mill a year? Is he someone to build around? Does he have a rocket launching arm? Does he even have a decent arm?

No no no no no and no.

But he does NOT suck. He is a competent NFL QB that can effectively manage a game and be a leader of a team.

We can debate price and leverage and how effective he may or may not be but to suggest he "sucks" after how he played last year and him being the unquestioned leader of that offense is just silly.

Folks want to point us to his franchise breaking TD total and others will point to his 96 interceptable passes or 30 interceptable passes or how he was the sole reason we didn't make the playoffs.

The dude got us within a cunt hair and, yeah, he threw an awful awful pass, but considering where he came from and what our options were and how shitty we've been for 4-5 years, the guys did not and does not "suck".

Just stop.

_

#2697 JStokes, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
    themorey, KingRoach and HomeoftheJets like this.
  18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Holy mother of stupid.

19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The start of mandatory OTAs. Supposedly the Jets want a resolution by then.

20. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

well Freudian slip I guess... :)