Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yeah but don't forget he had 96 intercepable passes and singlehandedly lost the Bills game.

Fitz is the worst punter in the league BTW.

_

donkey likes this.
  2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

He wasn't anything special, its ridiculous how overrated his season was by some Jets fans and some casual media people.....he had a great year compared to most of his career, but around the NFL it was pretty average all things considered

We had a great supporting cast with a suffocating and turnover causing defense and the most favorable schedule you could ask for

He is honestly OK but he will never be more than OK and it's just not good enough.....please find out if the next guy(s) are

I just don't get the point in playing a QB on the downside of his career who doesn't have the upside to take your team any place meaningful....He can't beat good defenses, his deep throw attempts were laughable, and he makes some real crazy decisions both running (not sliding) and throwing from the pocket (ducks into coverage).

The slow starts and then never being able to make a comeback was a real killer

I don't see this changing against a much tougher schedule and it's just going to be a waste playing a veteran who is clearly not in our future plans

If you're happy with 8-8 then fine but I'd rather take my lumps and find out exactly where we stand with Geno and Petty....and who knows you might like what you see and get better than OK play from the QB position

NCJetsfan, LAJet and Nesquik like this.
  3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

We know what we have with Geno, Bryce is the unknown.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

3 0r 4 Mil as punishment for not grabbing the orginal offer of 7 or 8?? I know we don't have a lot of money but even now when I am not liking Fitz that's still a real slap in the face sheesh...

Hey maybe he had this coming

FlaJet likes this.
  5. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

If the pre-snap adjusments is what got those wobbily fitz passes into wide open WR's hands so often then I believe Hack can get it done in this system. Hack can read the hell out of a defense... problem at Penn state was once he called out the defenses pre-snap the offense still could not give him anything near good blocking anyway. I think Hack will be our guy way sooner than later.

6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Yeah the OL was the reason Hack missed wide open WR's consistently.:confused:

7. JetsNation06

That's not realism, it's delusional thinking. Fitz doesn't need to play ever again, he's got enough money to not have to get off the damn couch. He sure as hell isn't taking $4M to play for the Jets. That's a joke offer and anyone knows it.

TNJet likes this.
  8. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

When's the last time we knew our starting QB at this stage of the offseason? 2012?

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Kind of see it much the same way you do. we know exactly what we have with Fitz, it will not get better, might revert back to the norm. He is not going to be the discriminator against better defenses. Contrary to popular belief, IMO we still don't know exactly what we have in Geno. Not denying or ignoring his lack of football savvy, mental farts and all, but for a guy that was absolutely not ready to start in the NFL the development over the past 2 years, or absolute lack thereof under the previous regime was a cluster fuck of staggering magnitude. We also need to find out where we are with Petty and what Hack brings to the table. if the difference between Fitz and the rest is a game, or may be 2, I'm all for finding out who the future QB will be sooner than later, particularly if it takes 24M only to find out later.

10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Wish I could give it 20 likes!
    Jets are NOT winning SB with Fitz -- this year, or ever. Why pay him $$$$ to finish mid-pack again?!

Let's find out were we are with QBs instead.
    Is Geno any different with weapons and decent OC?
    How much exactly Petty progressed after year on the bench?
    Is Hack's footwork easily fixable? Is his pro-style O training still somewhere inside ready to come out, or he needs a year off?

King Koopa, LAJet and tiger8mush like this.
  11. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Agree with both of you.....Also if we don't hate to pay Fitz the 8-10 mil, that money can roll over into a Wilk extension or just cap money for a FA next season

If Fitz is the QB I still think we can compete for a playoff spot and I like the guy as a leader and all that....It's just that the most likely scenario is around 8-8 which is another wasted season.....still would root like crazy either way but it's just my take on the situation

12. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

In a way yes. He was more worried about the OL and kept his eye on them. He was sacked like 103 times in 3 years.

13. JetsNation06

Don't blame the OL for his piss poor accuracy. He still needs to make the easy throws and he missed a ton of them.

14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It's like how everyone calls Phil Jackson the Zen Master in every single article ever written about him. Just knock it off already! Let his work speak for itself!

15. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

To be fair he was above average overall, but when you look at his YPA, comp% and QB rating, they are all well below average. Even his YPG was right around league average level even completely not counting the game he missed with the thumb injury. We are just used to dog shit for QBs, so naturally it seems like he had a great season because of our record. The Jets just have such a good defense team that they can compete with average QB play.

xBleedingGreen62x and King Koopa like this.
  16. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I'm not blaming the OL for all of it. He got some work to do.

17. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

18. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

All 86 were "interceptable".

_

19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

All those comeback attempts that fell short.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

What is his ranking in comp% on deep passes?