Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I personally would restructure a couple contracts namely Decker and Marshall but hey if you think Mo should be cut then that's on you.

2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

That change facts, probably hard for you to grasp, I couldn't give 2 shits how long its been, the fact remains.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

So I take it you support the Hack pick?

4. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Maybe Fitzpatrick thinks that he should get paid more than other QBs because he went to Harvard and he doesn't realize that Harvard pedigree doesn't mean anything in the NFL.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

If there was a true market for him he deserves to be paid and would have happened months ago. I am not telling anyone to not ask for a raise or try to earn more . I take it you would give him at least 12 million??

There is no market for his ridiculous salary and a lot of people are fed up with him

I never thought I would be posting him being booed but he is no better than Mevi$ except that DR was considered one of the best CB in the league

6. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Fitz thought he had leverage but he was wrong. If he doesn't sign with the Jets he can retire or get paid less to be a backup somewhere else. It doesn't take his Harvard degree to understand this.

The way contracts are written you'd think Macc could structure it so that it looks high on paper but in reality is not. For example, $8M guaranteed base with $2M incentive for winning MVP and another $2M for winning SB. Then Fitz can claim he got a $12M deal and the Jets pay him $8M.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Revis held out while under contract. OTOH Fitz is a free agent, he doesn't owe the Jets anything.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Jets don't owe Fitz anything as well

Revis was a top player RF a guy who had a good year at 10-6 However now he is a glorified tutor to two rookies No comparison here with DR

I predict we split the difference with him and he takes 10 million...

FlaJet likes this.
  9. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

just because you wear other teams jerseys does not make you a fan of them. I know that for a fact because I have many jerseys of other teams. Some of us by them because they like the color scheme and just like the Jersey itself.

10. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Fitz may have put a value at which he'd be willing to come back and put his long term health on the line once more. He's made a decent chunk of cash, so unless he pulled a Brunell, he should be set for life either way.

Given he's the type of player to give it his all despite potential health repercussions, I wouldn't be surprised if he has set a minimum price point to return to the game. Perhaps to him, what's the point in having an extra 8 million on top of sufficient wealth if it comes at the cost of quality of life later down the track due to a bad concussion or severe knee injury?

11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

This is how I see it..

We tried to trade Mo for a kings ransom but nobody bit hard. If we made that move then we would of taken the picks plus sign Fitz.

At $3.8 mil in cap space that's not even enough to sign our rookies. Where are we magically come up with an extra $10+ mil for Fitz?!?!

The only real likely hood we sign Fitz is if some team out of nowhere feels they are a 3-4 DE away from a SB run and they pony up a 1st for Mo or we cut Breno, Milner and Winters to sign Fitz.

Either scenario could happen but unlikely IMO

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

rookies cost 2.2

Rockinz likes this.
  13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Think the market spoke. Mo is a gas guzzling H2 Humvee and the market wants fuel efficient sedans.

Seems like Mo is a Jet in 16 and then Jets are going to lose him with no return.

14. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I think we all need to prepare for Petty vs Geno vs Hack

I don't see any realistic way possible that the Jets can up their offer to Fitz and I think the offer might be below 7-8 mill at this point

We aren't cutting any of our top players and we aren't going to gut the team for him

Fitz can either play for way less than he wants or sit home I guess

Rockinz likes this.
  15. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

That true...but the Jets don't owe him anything.

RexontheBeach and Jets69 like this.
  16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

And how long ago was that? Decades possibly? If you're down on Fitzpatrick, that's fine, but it doesn't negate anything I posted.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You can take whatever you want. And you'd be very wrong. What I said was the guy has the right to negotiate and to be offended by that, especially in May, is ridiculous. Revis also had the right to make the best deal for himself, which he did. This may be a game to you but it is a business to everyone named on this whole website. There's no reason for you to make this personal.

18. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

At this point I'm going to have to say the chances of us signing Fitz are next to nil. He'd have to lower his demands by 40 per cent just to get in the ball park of what we could offer. Looks like Geno vs everybody else. (Loud vomiting)

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Looks like it's headed that way...

I can't see us franchise him again and why would anyone trade for him next year when he could be had for free.

20. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

The way I read it was that Fitz wants 12 mil AND incentives, so the max would be more like 14 mil