Jordan Jenkins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Apr 29, 2016.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Good pick and it fills a need. I like our draft except for the 2nd round pick.

Red Menace and jetsons121 like this.
  2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Say it out loud.

I don't like the pick of Hackenberg.

_

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I don't like the pick of Hackenberg.

4. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

If hackenberg is good, how will y'all spin it?

5. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Oh I know:

"The body of evidence in college led me to believe that he wouldn't be good"

Well, that's fair, but maybe the dude getting paid to make these decisions saw different. Doesn't mean he needs to lose his job

6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Great pick. Floyd got all the attention at GA, but Jenkins is underrated in his own right.

Can't wait to see this defense on the field.

LIJetsFan and boozer32 like this.
  7. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Just as fucked up as the first pick, we need a OL. Mike Mac lay off the hooch.

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Good pick. Good thing Mac checked in here and saw that Lee wasn't an edge guy, was small and stupid, and he grabbed this guy in the nick of time

Kris 15 and LIJetsFan like this.
  9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

He might be the better pass rusher between him and floyd. Jenkins was extremely undervalued in this draft. IMO

Jenkins can set the edge, who has a good pass rush skill set as well.

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

That 430 foot line drive that Strawberry hit over the right field wall was fucking incredible

jerseyjay14 likes this.
  11. IIMeanDeanII

Lee is going to be really good down the road, he will also have a role for this defense as well, in a big way actually.

I admit, I've never watched much of Buchanan in Arizona, so I looked it up after we picked up Lee. He is going to be a game changer if Bowles plans to use him in a similar way to what he did with Buchanan as DC for Arizona.

The future is very bright for Lee, he has a ton of potential, ton of it, but when you look at it from a upcoming season standpoint, it is a little disappointing because he is so raw.

The future is bright though, he could be one of the NFL best in the future if coached up properly and I think he will be.

12. Walt White

I was being sarcastic. I'm glad that you've changed your view because I saw initially that you didn't like him and had been curious of what you thought of him before hand.
    I've liked him since the beginning over the winter and predicted he might be picked. And the more I've seen of him personally the more I like him

13. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Sauce?!?

14. Walt White

Not that up and personally. Bad choice of words. It's late and i'm done and getting lazy.

What, are you the gay connotation nazi? I saw you up somebody else's case before with that shit, lol.

Or is it something more? :eek:

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

GREAT draft....so far. Maccagnan transformed our old, slow LB core into young, fast talented players who will be playing for a cup of coffee for the next 4 years.

And Christian in the 2nd round is the best pick of the 2016 draft. He's a big man with a cannon for an arm that can do things under extreme pressure that human beings should not be able to do. And his off field 'character' is second to none. Smart, humble, and he looks out for the little guy. He will make everyone on the team better before he worries about his own stats. When he takes over next year, you, me and every other fan will fall in love with this guy. For the first time in a long time I'm truly excited for the future of my NY Football Jets. Christian/Petty are two young, talented QBs that will define us for the next 10 years.

Would have been nice if Tunsil fell to 20. Fucking Fish fucked shit up. I'll give Tanny credit for looking past the gas mask vid and grabbing him at 13. Ravens taking OT Ron Stanley and Titans taking OT Jack Conklin will be kicking themselves for the next 10-15 years. You know both teams LOVED/targeted Tunsil but then got scared, didn't know what to do, and pussed out. Fuck them pussies. Tanny was a dumbass but always had the balls to pull the trigger. I'll give Tanny credit for this one.

As far as our own OL goes, it's like edray10 and king koopa said, we may not be that bad. We have a ton of guys Macc kept around to develop. Breno may not even be starting this year. And then there's 350 pound un-drafted walk-ons that will be in camp along with 2-3 camp cuts from other teams. I'd say Maccagnan has a fantastic eye for young talent, and will definitely have around 10 big fatties slugging it out in camp this year for Breno's job.

Things are looking great.

As for tomorrow......CAN'T WAIT!!!!

16. KingRoach

I notice no gay connotations in my post to you. People love to say that they "knew" something was going to happen but since this is a message board I like some kind of proof. Hell I've been screaming that the Browns were going to have a good draft (and not take a qb in the first) and I may start a thread of my own awesome predictions. But I digress. "Thought" would have been better than "predicted" in your post and honestly I would have been super impressed if you did have a link.

As far as my dislike of jet blue, that person is crazy and sometimes I enjoy quoting his own insanity. He jumped to pedophilia quickly and then moved to homosexuality. Me thinks he doth protest too much, eh?

17. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Still cannot believe the fish lucked out getting Tunsil...

Footballgod214 likes this.
  18. KingRoach

Luckily Tanny had to rely on research, scouting and intuition for the rest of their picks.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  19. Walt White

Oh, okay. Jet blue wasn't the one I was talking about. There was another one also you intimated gayness, there's more then, but I digress. 'Predicted might of' is what I said. Excuse me if you disapprove. Next time I'll go back and double check just in case I was tripping at the time. But it's in the draft forum in one of those threads, and I believe I talked about it in a couple of threads back then.... Timeout. Here you go, I just went back, just for you. http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/will-darron-lee-be-there-at-20.86473/.
    I was conversing with Meandean about it because he's an OSU guy. And he's changed his opinion a little. I really don't care if your impressed or not, it was meant for him.
    But with the combination of Lee's graded rankings, where we picked, and what Lee brought to the table, it really wasn't a stretch at all and made a lot sense.
    He kinda got lost in the shuffle recently in the coverage, and wasn't a shiny guy, but he was always in that part of the first round. In view of the fact that most people are bashing him, and everything they've done, and many didn't know a thing about him I hope Lee succeeds. If that's okay with you?

alleycat9 likes this.
  20. IIMeanDeanII

I did.

After watching the way Bowles used Buchanan in his defense, then taking the long term view of the pick and olayer, it makes me feel a lot better about it.

Lee wasnt a popular player for me to watch, he made some big plays in some big spots but he lacked solid technique and consistency due to the inexperience at the position.

I think he can be a major player in the future. I was looking at It from a short term lense.

Walt White likes this.